• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed!

zigg

Tathanen said:
I have divined it. The little happy cloud behind him follows the pointer. You point to spawn clouds as platforms.

I came here to post that you said that!

EDIT: also to put this picture on the new page

screenshot_29513.jpg

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i tried to think of the most harmless thing. something i loved from my childhood.

something that could never ever possibly destroy us.

ghostbusters.jpg

. . . it's the stay puft mario man.

andymcc

Banned
beelzebozo said:
i tried to think of the most harmless thing. something i loved from my childhood.

something that could never ever possibly destroy us.

. . . it's the stay puft mario man.

holy shit, i said the same fucking thing. :lol

Galang

Banned
Woah, favorite power revealed up so far. It's amazingly cute... want a figure of that right away!
Also like the 2P changes, even though the changes aren't that dramatic, it's enough of an improvement for me.

Dubble

Did anyone else catch that the music during the Light Yoshi sequence is a remix of the SMW Ghost House? :D Gawd I cannot wait for this game. :lol

Mike M

Nick N
So is collecting start bits by pointing the remote at them out now, or are they just not doing it in these videos? (Or, alternately, I'm not seeing it)

Mike M said:
So is collecting start bits by pointing the remote at them out now, or are they just not doing it in these videos? (Or, alternately, I'm not seeing it)
Obviously you can't do that when you're riding Yoshi.. but I don't see why they would remove that feature altogether.

pirata

Vinci said:
The first Mario Galaxy didn't?

I've been trying to wait until Nintendo's next-gen console comes out and then buy a whole load of Wii games to play using backwards-compatability (it's already been three-and-a-half years; I can wait a few more, right?). Either that, or get a good PC and use dolphin. However, I'll probably end up caving and buying a Wii this summer. I'm going to wait until E3 before making my decision, though.

Akai

jump_button said:
Never noticed it so Mario real hair colour is black and he dye his hair brown and keep it under his cap ?_?

Well, it's not exactly abnormal for someone to have facial hair of a completely different color...

jump_button said:
Never noticed it so Mario real hair colour is black and he dye his hair brown and keep it under his cap ?_?
Not at all, its just the way his hair is. I have dark brown head hair but my facial hair is a lighter reddish blonde tint.

ShockingAlberto said:
It will

Miyamoto and Aonuma are fucking deadset on the way Zelda does its music now
What makes you say that? It sounds like they are all about change with Zelda Wii based on all the interviews.

BowieZ

Banned
5ebf54.png
2lihtoy.png
295scp1.png

I think this might be the "Cloud Galaxy," taking cues from the Cloud City of Bespin from Star Wars. The design and the backdrop seems to suggest this, and I think you can see the Cloud Mushroom on a pedestal in the middle of the water garden.

Also, it may be so that Mario needs water to fuel the power-up. The power-up is also seen on the Starship Mario renders/screenshots, near a small river protruding across Mario's head...

BowieZ

Banned
Heh well I'm figuring out a lot of this stuff with some friends.

But yeah, it seems like the Cloud might be this game's version of the FLUDD, and will possibly have a little "WATER" meter running in the corner. The question is, will n00bs know it takes water to make clouds?

lyre

Kandinsky said:
Im going to cry when Zelda Wii comes out with midi music:lol

D:
Good midi/sequencing >>>>> orchestral, any fucking day of the year. And yes, next Zelda will not be using orchestral.

Top Bottom