• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Mash-Up Pack coming to Minecraft Wii U - May 17th

Is this still getting a physical release at some point? I recall there being some news about that a while back. Not sure if it's still planned or not.

fernoca

Wouldn't they already have Mario on their Wii U console, since this will be on Wii U and Wii U only?
Or you mean they playing on your Wii U?

Just curious.
I think is an old joke....or part of it. Basically around some polls that kids this day know Minecraft, but don't know about Mario. :p

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Is this our first confirmation of the physical game's release date being June 17?

And on that note, damn, June is the Month of Wii U:

June 17: Minecraft: Wii U Edition
June 21: Mighty No. 9
June 24: Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
June 24: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
June 28: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

SuomiDude

Thanks DownGrader and fernoca (and Effect). Didn't see Effect's post couple of replies back. Not really sure if I should go for it or not. Sounds kind of tempting, but also lots and lots of work and patience to get things going.

Wow, this looks great. Brightly-coloured and very fun looking. I love the little details—the Sunshine water pack, the different power-up suits, the little borders around the stars. I also like that the faces aren't just flat, and Mario's nose bulges out appropriately!

What item do you guys suppose the power star is in Minecraft?

I got the PS Vita version of the game for $6 when they were clearing the Vita stuff out.

Have bothered to redeem to code yet.

I'll pick this up because I have a large library of Wii U games. I don't know if I'll actually put time into it though. Will try to, just to see what it's about.

PSqueak

Banned
[/B]
I know one thing they really ought to do....

FKKPQk9.jpg

One step closer, this is them taking baby steps for a collaboration.

Next step: All 4 nintendo platform BK games for Virtual console!

Vena

This is pretty amazing actually.
I mean the concept probably seemed like a no-brainer to everyone here, but for Nintendo to do this is pretty big, isn't it? Especially when you take into account stories like this: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215555&highlight=

They’re also going all out, adding a lot more stuff than I would have expected.

This is probably not coming out of Kyoto. This is likely, again, coming from Baker's (and others, notably, Wharton) growing power and control over the eShop, indies, and western party interactions with digital titles.

Same source as the Humble Bundles, basically.

At this point, I think that the eShop and titles/deals there within are actually controlled by NoA/Baker more than they are by NCL/Kyoto. I think he and his Treehouse/marketing group at NoA have been given what appears to be full-on autonomy with what they do (to a point). For good reason, too, if the continued successes of the bundles and their growing eShop sales is anything to go by...

(Baker was Adelman's boss, btw.)

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Is this our first confirmation of the physical game's release date being June 17?

Goddamn. Outside of Tokyo Mirage Sessions those are all ending up my library.

Sterok

Half this year's Wii U's retail releases right here people.

ChrisD

This is where it sucks to be spoiled by PS4 Minecraft. It's impossible to go back to PS360, and this was on the same engine, correct?

Really nice mash-up pack. One of the best honestly - some are just horrible for the blocks (Mass Effect, Skyrim... , and this one is not in that camp. Especially love the SMB3 sun haha.

tebunker

Banned
Might have to rebuy this. I have it on PS4 but this alone almost seems like it is worth the double dip. I could also let my son play on WiiU too.

Shame this is like 3 years later than it should of been.

Javier

Welp. I'm in.

I just bought Minecraft from Nintendo's website while at work so that it's there when I get home.

I don't know what I'm getting myself into. I've heard stories about this game... and how... addictive it can be.

Kid Ying

Half sounds like it's being generous. Other than Star Fox and Paper Mario, what's missing from that list that's due this year?
Shard posted at the page 4 other retail games coming in June for wiiu
Actually it is more about 7 retail games for June.

Minecraft Wii U Edition
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Mighty No. 9
Terraria
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Also, the year had pokken, lego avengers and Zelda TP too.

Effect

I saw creepers in the trailer. I wonder if this was a missed opportunity to turn them into Bob-ombs.

bt1sYo2s.png

Then again that would mean visually removing the Minecraft mascot so it makes sense not to do it.

jariw

This is probably not coming out of Kyoto. This is likely, again, coming from Baker's (and others, notably, Wharton) growing power and control over the eShop, indies, and western party interactions with digital titles.

Same source as the Humble Bundles, basically.

At this point, I think that the eShop and titles/deals there within are actually controlled by NoA/Baker more than they are by NCL/Kyoto. I think he and his Treehouse/marketing group at NoA have been given what appears to be full-on autonomy with what they do (to a point). For good reason, too, if the continued successes of the bundles and their growing eShop sales is anything to go by...

(Baker was Adelman's boss, btw.)

It's probably a joint effort between both NoA and NoE. The original deal was apparently made possible by Alex Palomares (NoA) and Ariko Kimoto (NoE).

Development-wise, NoE territory companies (Curve, Shinen, KnapNok, Nifflas, Image & Form, Frozenbyte, Dakko Dakko, etc) are traditionally handled by NoE. But while both Mojang and 4J Studios are in NoE territory, Microsoft is in NoA territory.

Raitaro

Hopefully this is all leading up to a new 3D Mario game for the NX that takes the series into a Minecraft / Dragon Quest Builders direction where we can explore and build stuff in a vast 3D Mushroom Kingdom - a Super Mario 3D Maker if you will where Mario once again dons his plumber/construction worker hat.

I think that such a 3D social building game that builds on both 3D Mario platformers, Super Mario Maker style level design tools and Minecraft/DQB's openness and appeal to kids could really help sell the NX.

Looks cool, but shit, Nintendo really should have tried to have this launch with Minecraft. Imagine if they were more prepared - they could have had it launch with skins from Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.

Looks cool, but shit, Nintendo really should have tried to have this launch with Minecraft. Imagine if they were more prepared - they could have had it launch with skins from Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.

Well, we were told there were going to be some sort of collaboration between Minecraft and Nintendo when it launched, but we heard nothing about it. I was kind of figuring just a handful of Mario skins.

But a full world is awesome. I adore the Roman Empire and Halloween worlds that are already in the game, was almost tempted to buy them too.

It's really nice to have the world presumably for free. I'm interested to see how they've changed everything; it looks like the slime bouncy blocks are reskinned as clouds. Plus i'm seeing a lot of different costumes too.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Actually it is more about 7 retail games for June.

Minecraft Wii U Edition
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Mighty No. 9
Terraria
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

That's actually a lot more titles than I thought o_O. Never heard of the Book of Unwritten Tales 2 though.

MS saving the Wii-U this year. They should try and do more Nintendo based crossover stuff.

It is too bad Nintendo seems to view this kind of stuff as a one way street. Microsoft just put Minecraft and a Mario pack on WiiU. This obviously benefits WiiU a lot, but why not give in and let Goldeneye come out on Xbox and the NX in return a a favor?

OmegaFax

It felt like this was coming as a free update. The Xbox and PlayStation holiday bundles priced at $30 included a console exclusive Mash-Up pack. It's the best looking Mash-Up just from the trailer. Wish 4JStudios did more. The LittleBigPlanet one is really cool. Custom map, characters, enemies, UI. Entire game gets a facelift.

Top Bottom