• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario RPG hitting the North American Wii U Virtual Console tomorrow

MisterHero

Beating Culex was one of the great gaming accomplishments of my young life. I didn't play many RPGs though.

Did anyone get all the Hidden Boxes?

Sterok

I remember intending to get this on the Wii several times. And I never did. Maybe this time I'll actually get around to it.

I was always too lazy to do it. Then when I found out what the reward was, I lost all motivation.

it'sfuckingnothing.gif

I did it, but had the Lazy Armour and he basically ran out of attacks so I was just slowly doing damage and eventually won. It was satisfying, but in retrospect I feel a little cheap.

Definitely picking this up for the $1.50 though.

I did it, but had the Lazy Armour and he basically ran out of attacks so I was just slowly doing damage and eventually won. It was satisfying, but in retrospect I feel a little cheap.

Definitely picking this up for the $1.50 though.

Oh I was talking about finding all the boxes, not fighting Culex LOL

I beat him too, but I never bothered to look up what his charm did so I never used it. Looking back, I was a fool to not use it.

bremon

This is great, everyone should experience the power of Geno da gawd. This game blew my mind when I was 8, and still holds up.

Culex

Banned
Entire reason my name is Culex here at GAF!

We'll probably never get another dream team game like this again

a916

With the NX coming out next year I'm not buying anything off the Virtual Console again... give me a unified account... and let me play it on my new 3DS :(

Weren't Square-Enix employees required to play this to learn how to make good rpgs again?

Edit: hmm looks like it was a joke

But yeah, besides that I'm pretty baffled just thinking about how the decision to release which game and at which times gets made. It just feels so random.

Jeffrey

wait, so I have mario rpg on my wii that ive not touched in many years. how do I bring that over to my wii u (and pay the upgrade fee)?

edit: too much of a pain... system transfer pls.

masahiro_sakurai_considered_geno_super_smash_bros.jpg

Top Bottom