• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario World Customized to the nth degree, must see video inside (PS: old)

Koren

Roi said:
To bad they choose such crappy music.
They didn't choose anything. It's a remix that was popular on Niconico douga, and there have been hundreds of videos using that music... If I remember correctly, it took the guy months with a sequencer to be able to reproduce most of it with mario sounds, and then create levels to play those sounds.

Koren said:
They didn't choose anything. It's a remix that was popular on Niconico douga, and there have been hundreds of videos using that music... If I remember correctly, it took the guy months with a sequencer to be able to reproduce most of it with mario sounds, and then create levels to play those sounds.
so...where can I find an mp3 of that remix? the MM2 Wily's Castle portion kicks ass.

claviertekky said:
Didn't want to create a new thread as I found a new one recently created.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTo-wFfIXKo

To the tune of Queen's hit single: Don't Stop Me Now.

Holy shit at the synchronization to make this to four screens for this jidou mario.

Totally bests out the other ones I've seen.
You have to watch the video with this one just for the extras, 4 screens sync'd up for some parts was epic.

I've never found those Automatic Mario videos all that impressive to be honest, someone correct me but it looks like all you need to make one of those is a copy of that SMW level editor and a lot of time spent playing the trial and error game.

Plus, this doesn't even approach the level of customization found in other hacks with custom graphics, music, scripting, etc.

Gattsu25

Banned
Interesting experiment (syncing the music to the level) but it looks drab. Horrible level design that's common of many of the custom Mario levels, shit music, and little room to play around or plot your own course.

edit: Couldn't even finish the video

Gattsu25 said:
Interesting experiment (syncing the music to the level) but it looks drab. Horrible level design that's common of many of the custom Mario levels, shit music, and little room to play around or plot your own course.

edit: Couldn't even finish the video
You're a fucking idiot.

Top Bottom