• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

epistaxis_

Neo Member
Wait until the next beta and towards the final release. A lot of sticks seemed to not work with the PC version until someone made some work arounds. (Though I guess a lot of them were PS3/4 sticks, still~) You should wait to see what kind-of support they're going to do for it.

But yeah, if you're not going to use it on a console, a 360 or 720 stick should in theory be massively supported. Double so with Microsoft working on Killer Instinct for Windows 10.

To anyone looking at an Xbox One stick: Be very careful if you want to use it on PC. Microsoft still has not released a driver that allows for RT/LT to be used (for both Hori and Madcatz), forcing you to swap buttons and limiting you to 6-button play.

Wait what where when
So far I think all we have to go by is the last line of this article, which confirms that it's in development. Here's the lazy Google Translate version:

It should be noted that PS4 version of the arcade stick still popular "Fighting edge 4", that's intensive in development. Say at the moment is up there, it has to be "First of all," I want you to experience the REAL ARCADE PRO HAYABUSA '".

lupinko

Anyone modded a VSHG? I'm thinking about getting a cheap one off yahoo auctions to mod with a new pcb, but I want to replace the top buttons too. Are there any sanwa or seimitsu buttons small enough to fit those holes without having to ruin the bezel?

It's a lot cheaper than say buying that all plexiglass case or a panzer fight stick 2.0 case although I am interested in those as well.

jerry1594

How come the Namco stick is so highly regarded?

Anyone modded a VSHG? I'm thinking about getting a cheap one off yahoo auctions to mod with a new pcb, but I want to replace the top buttons too. Are there any sanwa or seimitsu buttons small enough to fit those holes without having to ruin the bezel?

It's a lot cheaper than say buying that all plexiglass case or a panzer fight stick 2.0 case although I am interested in those as well.
Why do you want to replace them? They're just plastic on contact pads. VSHG is a pain to mod. Everything is a tight fit, there's basically only room for the stock parts. It doesn't help that the pcb and daughterboard are in a separate compartment on the underside of the case from the buttons and joystick. The top compartment has 4 screw sockets jutting out, limiting the space you have to work with even further. Within the sockets is where the buttons and stick are, and there is very little clearance. The sides outside of the sockets are narrow, and there's still very little clearance. You will basically need a pretty small pcb to fit in the underside compartment (like 2"x2.5") or squeeze it in the top compartment somehow. Are you in Japan?

Needlecrash

I have a Madcatz Comic Con TE Stick for the 360 (comes with the brook ps4 converter) and my EVO Modded Stick for sale if anyone is interested...

Skilletor

what's ur favorite non-plastic stick out of curiosity

My favorite custom I own is this one:

SAM_0649.jpg~original

SAM_0648.jpg~original

SAM_0642.jpg~original

SAM_0636.jpg~original

SAM_0635.jpg~original

SAM_0646.jpg~original

SAM_0391.jpg~original

It's everything I love about custom sticks. I had a say in every element of it from start to finish.

I want to get a B15 some day, but I don't even know if he's still making cases.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Sorry for not spending more time googling answers before asking, but what stick and button parts do I order, and where (ship to USA), to make my OG SF4 TE stick like new again? Any good places that have a storefront on Amazon?

Amedo310

Sorry for not spending more time googling answers before asking, but what stick and button parts do I order, and where (ship to USA), to make my OG SF4 TE stick like new again? Any good places that have a storefront on Amazon?

If you are looking for the same parts like the og one:

Sanwa Joystick: http://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-jlf-tp-8yt-joystick/

You could just mod the spring to tighten the stick if it is too loose with a replacement: http://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-jlf-replacement-spring/

Sanwa clip on buttons: http://www.focusattack.com/search.php?search_query=sanwa+buttons

Armaly

What's the best site to buy jlf springs from? Want to get 2,3, and 4 pound springs. FA has just the 2 pound but charges $4 for shipping and PA has all of them but wants $6 for shipping. Guess i'll just have to bite the bullet?

jerry1594

I got an ls-32 and im having a hard time mounting it. I read it's because the middle holes on my stick's mounting plate aren't threaded. What do?

jerry1594

Yeah that sucks. I just brute force it. Get a mechanical screwdriver, it helps.
That's what I ended up doing. Also wow the hrap has super thin sides. No idea how but now they jut out a bit as if too much pressure deformed them and it's kind of annoying they don't line up with the bottom plate.
Now I'm going to try to replace my Dreamcast stick buttons...

Yes Boss!

A little over 100. Really need to buy a new one...especially for Darius Burst. Keep putting getting the black Vewlix.

Last stick I picked up:

5BD88D4A-F8DD-4A2F-ACFC-5207E18593FA.jpg

Yes Boss!

Jesus. Dont you have a bunch of pcbs and candy cabs too? I'm guessing that one's either for CPS changer or snes.

That one is for the Genesis/MD. I'm trying to get back into buying a few new sticks. This new generation is kinda boring but seems like it will finally take off eatly next year with some good stick titles. Really looking forward to the new Mad Catz stuff. Have not really liked what they offerered up yet. And Hori, my favorite, seems obsessed with there proprietary stuff.

jerry1594

That one is for the Genesis/MD. I'm trying to get back into buying a few new sticks. This new generation is kinda boring but seems like it will finally take off eatly next year with some good stick titles. Really looking forward to the new Mad Catz stuff. Have not really liked what they offerered up yet. And Hori, my favorite, seems obsessed with there proprietary stuff.
It looks really nice actually, nicer than the snes counterpart. Would make a cool gamecube stick. I don't really pay attention to sticks but what about them is so compelling that has people buying dozens of them or buying a new one every year. They just look like simple iterations with the same parts, a coin flip pcb and new art on them. As far as Madcatz goes anyway. I have no idea about Hori. They have so many different models with the same branding. Granted some really nice ones, like the fighting edge and vlx diamond, but I can't imagine myself getting so many. I mainly buy Sega sticks because there aren't that many and they're awesome in one way or another.

Skilletor

2 TE2s (SF4, Rivals, Will soon have the Chun stick)
1 Madcatz VS
1 Hori SC5 Stick
3 VLX (PS4, DIamond, and a dual mod)
1 Madcatz Sanrio Stick
5 custom Foehammer sticks
1 PS3 FightingEdge (White)
1 360 FightingEdge (Black)

I thought I had less, lol.

FSLink

Banned
Let's see:

2 TvC Wii sticks
1 Tekken Tag 2 Wii U stick
1 360 TE Round 2, modded to be 360/PS3
1 PS3 TE Round 2,
2 PS3 Hori Mini
1 360 Soul Calibur V stick
1 PS4 USF4 TE2
2 Eightarc 360/PS3 sticks, one black, one white

I also have another 360 TE2, and a PS4 RIvals TE back home in Vegas.

Likely gonna mod a few of the extra TE Round 2s to be Dreamcast compatible now that I got a Hanzo DC VGA Box.

BOTEC

XBONE:
HRAP Hayabusa
HRAP V Kai (full seimitsu mod)

PS4:
HRAP V Hayabusa (full Seimitsu mod)

360:
HRAP EX-SE
HRAP VX-SA (full Seimitsu mod)
Hori Fight Stick EX2

PS3:
HRAP 3-SA
HRAP 3 (full Sanwa mod)
MadCatz BrawlStick (full Seimitsu mod)

Wii:
MadCatz TvC Stick (Sanwa/Seimitsu mod)

PS2:
HRAP 2 (Sanwa stick mod)
Namco Stick

I try to limit myself to two per console.

DOA4 360 stick
TE R2 modded with a chimpsmd
TE R2 modded with a PS360+
HRAP V3 Kai
2x HRAP 4 Kai
custom that's been gutted but I intend to resurrect soonish

TBH I've been thinking about selling the chimpsmdTE2s as it's fairly useless to me now, then putting the PS360+ into the V3 and doing something else with the TE2 shell that would remain.

jerry1594

Anyone know what to do about rust? I have an old stick that I got pretty rusty. Bolts, lever and backplate. The bolts I will just replace and the shaft I would replace but it's an ls-33 so that's not possible. The backplate has been stained black and the edges are a bit rusty.

Holy shit!! Kowal made an octagon gate for the hayabusa. They are on sale at FA:

http://www.focusattack.com/kowal-hayabusa-octopus-octagonal-restrictor-plate/

This is a "sorta want" for the sticks here at work. On the one hand, we're used to the square now, on the other hand, we usually only play 3S with some occasional MvC2 overnight (dunno who the hell is doing it, but they are) and most of us just use it. Octo is kind of a double edged sword, because for those times we play VF or Tekken it will feel REALLY off.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
still curious to what all changed on the chun li TE2, and what the new plexi is actually like

The Chun-Li TE2 has the same thicker plexi from the KI FightStick TE2 on Xbox One. Aside from that it also has the following:

- lenticular graphic panel
- translucent case
- latest firmware

Neoxon

I just wanted to give Fitts a shout-out for giving me his TE2 (that he only used for 5-10 hours). I should have it in the mail within the next few days, which works since I now have USF4 on the PS4 & have paid off my SFV pre-order.

Top Bottom