• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars Community Thread

Jubern

What day does the new Famitsu come out? I remember reading that they are revealing the new OG character for this week's issue.

I bought it on Thursday morning on my way to work and there was nothing in it about Z3. Not a single page!

Unrelated, I broke down and finally ripped my Alpha 3 disc to try and play it on PCSX2... And it works perfectly!! I didn't thought it would because I only have a MacBook Air, but it runs like a charm without fiddling with ANY setting.

Even though, would anyone here have some settings for Alpha 3 on PCSX2? I still have a few graphical glitches (like this one) and figured it would be better to tailor the config to the game to get the best performance...

so someone decided to "translate" the interview with famitsu...

[ The third time Super Robot Wars Z prison papers TempleInterview ]

Performances, works and plays war full evolution " when the prison chapter" is coming down !

1 We are looking forward to the final chapter of the Z series has finally started , then ask what the production plan from the beginning ?

Temple: After "The Second World article Z and then " immediately end the beginning, is a very early stage.

2 This work is a "Z Series Final Chapter " published was already decided at the time to start such a business?

Temple Tiangui Xin : Yes . After the completion of the development of "second Z", decided to "The Third Z" as an end.

3 PSP predecessor is in the works , but the PS3 and PSV platform for sale , any changes in the production aspect of it?

Temple Tiangui Xin : On the PS3 and PSV, because they have produced a " magic god installed 3" and "second OG", I think there is nothing much changes . But also has other difficulties. Because the body is completely different from the number previously mentioned two original works in the production process will be a fairly large number , which became a problem. Combat animation , through the accumulation of a series of war machine , and Z series of performances and various experiences sublimation technology, but also the proportion of normal progress toward finally . As this screen HD technology , in order to correspond to high-resolution , image painting operations increased several times. Even if the composition is the same as before the body , which is not the same as the image density . And "Magic installed God " series of real head CG different body proportions , Z series of graphics operations are strictly required to be made in other directions . As the basis of various sizes from the original body , both part of the composition as well as some simple complex composition. Also recently portrayed in the works of CG really under a lot of effort.

4 Background on fighting terms , will be similar to "OG" series of 3D show?

Temple Tiangui Xin : No, this will still be using the same 2D and Z series background . Because OG series is an original work , setting up and using the background relative freedom , 3D technology is relatively easy. But when the original work as a reference , the background must be handled in accordance with the original baseline . In addition , OG series and Z series is to show somewhat different battle before the battle background 3D technology . Z series is different from the direction of the battle to show the evolution of OG series will be based on the usual 2D backgrounds . Here disclose third Z will use to screen 3D effects show the depth direction .

4 As a sequel to the story is also very concerned about it, this is what the timeline from the "second Z" after the start ?

Temple: It is followed by "re- World article ," the beginning, so no gaps between the many years .

5 words is still very concerned about the Z series subtitle ah , this is two constitute it?

Temple Tiangui Xin : Third Z also two constituted as the first . Incidentally secrecy , the second part of the subtitle is secret, but I think we have a lot of prediction methods , right ? ( Laughs ) Also on " when the prison chapter," the subtitle , the evaluation within the company is now one-sided ( laughs ) . I'm good and when the director decided to publish in the community , and even have to laugh STAFF spray . The name is fairly straightforward , it looks because only the "hell" for a word to become " when prison " reasons. However, there is directed at impact and easy to remember to go, from two points of view so that it touches very good.

6 . Bold use of this text, as fans will thus play a variety of imagination and generate expect?

Temple: when the second subtitle published estimates will have this reaction (laughs )

7 Since it is two structure, it is difficult to save the capacity of the bar, game content should also be a considerable weight ?

Temple: The content and the console has been the standard flush the war machine works will also be the maximum level . In fact, Z is to do so a second time , the first portion and the second portion of their war machine is equivalent to the usual amount of monoculture story , be sure to look forward to.

8 Since it is a sequel , fans should also really looking forward to being produced content , to talk about this aspect of it?

Temple Tiangui Xin : There are many . There is no time to second Z finished the original story, such as like " Gurren Lagann ," the contents of this chapter will be when it comes to prison . There are like a second Z as the scene in the original story first and second , respectively, as described .

9 The works of some of the new war , the war can talk about aspects of his work?

Temple Tiangui Xin : Third Z Z did not like the transition to the second stage of Z did make before all the original re- debut. Originally, originally was going to let all the debut appearance , but because of the number of issues led to the development of the extension , in order to try to prevent the second time interval is too long to Z Z between the third and now this becomes a form . However , as the war machine on the series , this time in the moment to make some amendments are also necessary. The recent market changes very quickly, so to avoid as much as possible long-term series . Having said that, do not say later series were also no. And from long ago before they received a lot of requests from players ' fast in the copyright for ps3 war machine ah " , projected for a moment try to do better and takes some time and effort , and it will be the spring of 2014 as scheduled sale period. Even so I'm afraid someone will say it 's too late and the like , from the input during the work and to determine the content of the game , it just caught up with the date . Now developers have entered the final stage of adjustment . About the new war works , like " Unicorn Gundam" and "EVA New Movie " The original is still going on now in the works war, in war machine in the series is very rare examples. Another new work is not only , there appeared a long time ago in a war machine too , the first voice war works.

10 The system is still not released , can be considered to be followed Z series has been set , right?

Temple Tiangui Xin : basically followed the Z series , while also preparing something new . There are a whole into the game system , but also reflect the original setting system.

11 By the way I asked, this time the protagonist is Kro it?

Temple: original protagonist and the body are actually ready , but the announcement also said the next few days ...... now is , is even younger than Kro protagonist.

12 while out on ps3 and psv, there should be a system of interchangeable like it ?

Temple Tiangui Xin : God and the devil installed 3 Similarly, you can CORSS SAVE. In addition you can also play with the PSVita TV . In the external handheld play , back home to play with the big TV in this form , I believe the game will become a pleasure .

13 And First Press Limited privilege can also be downloaded as of the beginning of the first generation of " war machine " in HD REMAKE version , make sure you talk about HD and charm of the grounds .

Temple Tiangui Xin : originally intended to commemorate the 20th anniversary of when to engage , the results missed opportunity. And works "second war machine" are engraved after several times, first as a challenge but not once had , to take advantage of this opportunity to the " latest and oldest war machine war machine " in the form to do it. Instead, the real war machine became the prototype of the second film is "second war machine ." Strictly speaking, the first for the war machine , and now there are subtle differences . For example, the driver does not operate the robot , the robot will speak themselves , you can put the enemy robots , has another unique flavor. During this time engraved , devil- Z and up to boldly go back to the 1991 's SD shape, so his eyes up there . Battle screen does not make the whole action is to continue the original taste. And third Z compared to the robot does not move, there is no voice , for those familiar with the previous war machine of you who will be sorely missed , but never played for everyone , the sense of " fresh " war machine .

14 Indeed , the past is always the robot does not move , performances weapons suddenly appeared .

Temple Tiangui Xin : It is almost a war machine from the start of the fourth , the first for the war machine weapons are hardly even appear . There will be no change in the image , in fact , the production also exchanged "robot is positive towards the screen, suddenly beam gun sideways picture is not very strange? " Sort of advice ( laughs ) . However , the previous war machine is the kind of feeling pretty simple game .

15 The latest series of the origin and works as a contrast with the play , there will be quite a heavy sense of history ah !

Temple Tiangui Xin : Because the picture more beautiful , also won the " war machine initially become so ah " feeling. But also added a second checkpoint original no . Please these most ancient war machine , and the latest as " Z prison while the third chapter," together , enjoy the game right .

16 Finally , please say a few words on the fans have it !

Temple: Finally , also in the third Z Z to draw a full stop of the series . When the prison as the first chapter , we enjoy the game at the same time , also in the final nirvana experience the passionate start. Anyway stay tuned.

isual

hey guys, just a couple of questions.

I currently own mx portable, a portable and hakai hen on psp, and super robot taisen on psx.

I'm thinking of spending a bit of money and getting the ps2 games. Specifically alpha 3, taisen z and its special disk (should i even bother with the latter?).

anyways, since I've really enjoyed playing hakai hen on psp, do the older ps2 games age well? any comments, recommendations, critics are welcome before i spend money.

wasn't really thinking of getting any of the ds games based on a majority of you guys' opinions btw.

I bought it on Thursday morning on my way to work and there was nothing in it about Z3. Not a single page!

Unrelated, I broke down and finally ripped my Alpha 3 disc to try and play it on PCSX2... And it works perfectly!! I didn't thought it would because I only have a MacBook Air, but it runs like a charm without fiddling with ANY setting.

Even though, would anyone here have some settings for Alpha 3 on PCSX2? I still have a few graphical glitches (like this one) and figured it would be better to tailor the config to the game to get the best performance...

Hmm, guess we'll have to wait a bit longer then. I haven't used PCSX2 in a long time but that's what you'll have to do if you're encountering graphical issues. I know that sometimes specific builds get released to address problems for certain games but you'd have to search to see if someone has done that for Alpha 3.

I currently own mx portable, a portable and hakai hen on psp, and super robot taisen on psx.

I'm thinking of spending a bit of money and getting the ps2 games. Specifically alpha 3, taisen z and its special disk (should i even bother with the latter?).

anyways, since I've really enjoyed playing hakai hen on psp, do the older ps2 games age well? any comments, recommendations, critics are welcome before i spend money.

wasn't really thinking of getting any of the ds games based on a majority of you guys' opinions btw.

The DS games are pretty fun. I have W, K, and L for DS. I still have to see if they work on 3DS XL since my DS is in its death throes.

As for Alpha 3 and Z, I think I remember reading that Z is coming to PSN so if price is an issue then you might want to wait for that. If you prefer having physical copies then getting a JP PS2 might be your best bet. I'd wait for some more opinions before buying anything though.

Pehesse

As far as the PS2 games go, I'd recommend Alpha 3 (if you don't mind the slow rhythm), MX (the PSP version is pretty good and was my entry point into "voiced" SRWs, but the load times are insufferable during the later chapters - might as well play the PS2 version if you can), Z1 or Original Generations if you care for some OG. The Special Disk from Z doesn't add much that shouldn't be missed, I believe. I find Impact a bit of a chore to play now (very very slow) but the cast and overall high difficulty migh still warrant a look-at if that's your thing. Alpha 2 might be interesting if you're really into Alpha/Alpha 3, but other than for completeness sake, or if you play chronologically, or you're a really big Crossbone fan, I'd say skip.

As for the DS SRW's, I'd say they're actually all pretty interesting in their own right : sure, you lose the voice acting, but you gain series that aren't covered anywhere else, sweet chiptune renditions of the songs that I find are often catchier than the PS2/3/SP synth versions, and systems that change a bit from the norm with K and L (though it's admittedly quite unbalanced in K). W is great for its cast and general balance based on the single unit system, K is interesting for some of its cast and music choices (come on, Zips) and L is great for it's use of the partner system and, again, music - to me, it has the best Dancougar Nova animations, for instance (and not just still shots). That, and Iczer. Is that not worth checking out?

I wouldn't say I'd take a DS SRW over a PS2-era one any day (though, pretty close), but... portability and sleep mode is a really, really big plus you can't overstate with these games.

I still have to see if they work on 3DS XL since my DS is in its death throes.

They sure do, and those pixels look pretty good on the XL, too!

Hmm, guess we'll have to wait a bit longer then. I haven't used PCSX2 in a long time but that's what you'll have to do if you're encountering graphical issues. I know that sometimes specific builds get released to address problems for certain games but you'd have to search to see if someone has done that for Alpha 3.
I really doubt this is something that will be ever fixed. Considering the nature of SRW games, they are bound to have a lot of issues with emulation depending on settings you use.
the official Z3 site has been update with a few new screenshots:

PLAYABLE ZEUS!
@_@
PLAYABLE F------- ZEUS!!!!
Different shots from the Famitsu ones?

Loona

W would be worth it on the strenght of things like the Bonta-kun (Full Metal Panic) stages, the Z-Master (GaoGaiGar) stage and the one where everyone fight to the sound of the Gekiganger 3 (Nadesico) music.
The Tekkaman tracks practically sound better and more badass than the show's versions, especially Reincarnation, and the game as a whole just flows nicely, not to mention the dual screens do wonders for keeping track of things, something most other systems lack.

Jubern

I managed to solve my problems with Alpha 3's emulation by simply switching to software processing. No performance hit and I don't have the layers problem anymore. Only thing left is a very little drop occuring a lot when the game loads portraits or sprites... Maybe it's just my comp.

I'm finally playing this!
The explanation for SEED's incursion is terrible ahah.

isual

Ok. so I just purchased for ps2: alpha 3, Z, and impact all for 50 (good price?)

I'm also thinking of getting alpha 2, OG, and OG gaiden. Was contemplating on getting Z special disc, but I read that its not really a necessary game. true ?

also

As far as the PS2 games go, I'd recommend Alpha 3 (if you don't mind the slow rhythm), MX (the PSP version is pretty good and was my entry point into "voiced" SRWs, but the load times are insufferable during the later chapters - might as well play the PS2 version if you can), Z1 or Original Generations if you care for some OG. The Special Disk from Z doesn't add much that shouldn't be missed, I believe. I find Impact a bit of a chore to play now (very very slow) but the cast and overall high difficulty migh still warrant a look-at if that's your thing. Alpha 2 might be interesting if you're really into Alpha/Alpha 3, but other than for completeness sake, or if you play chronologically, or you're a really big Crossbone fan, I'd say skip.

As for the DS SRW's, I'd say they're actually all pretty interesting in their own right : sure, you lose the voice acting, but you gain series that aren't covered anywhere else, sweet chiptune renditions of the songs that I find are often catchier than the PS2/3/SP synth versions, and systems that change a bit from the norm with K and L (though it's admittedly quite unbalanced in K). W is great for its cast and general balance based on the single unit system, K is interesting for some of its cast and music choices (come on, Zips) and L is great for it's use of the partner system and, again, music - to me, it has the best Dancougar Nova animations, for instance (and not just still shots). That, and Iczer. Is that not worth checking out?

I wouldn't say I'd take a DS SRW over a PS2-era one any day (though, pretty close), but... portability and sleep mode is a really, really big plus you can't overstate with these games.

They sure do, and those pixels look pretty good on the XL, too!

these japanese ds games work on NA 3dsxl's ? they're not region locked ? nice.

Another question, what is the song that plays here http://youtu.be/RCD78P1wAwQ?t=15s starts at 15 ends around 30

CorvoSol

You'll be fine. :)

I mean, my front two lines are all at 100%, but my back line is battleships and healers that I'm worried about having to pass through Gaioh's kill zone. I guess I can load the battleships and then Accel them as far from him as possible, but it's gonna be a trip.

Speaking of, it kind of blows that the Eternal can't repair in this game. In Super Robot Wars W the Eternal was useful for that reason. Granted I don't think it could dock, so that's the tradeoff, but still. Aside from having a safe place for people to hide in, battleships have felt pretty useless in SRWZ. It could just be that between the Guren Seiten, Gurren Lagann, Brasta R and Wing Zero there's little to worry about, but I dunno.

I'm fielding Nirvash, Guren, Strike Freedom, Gurren Lagann, Brasta R, Zeta, Wing Zero and Lancelot in the front row. Row 2 is Destiny, Mazinger, Getter, Turn A, 00, Infinite Justice, Hyaku Shiki and Nu. Third Row is Yoko Tank, Pearl Nail, Big O, Shinkiro, Ozma and Virgola Glory. Back row is battleships, healers, suppliers and the Sniper Valkyrie.

Tsukumo

I really doubt this is something that will be ever fixed. Considering the nature of SRW games, they are bound to have a lot of issues with emulation depending on settings you use.

Different shots from the Famitsu ones?

I don't know, you guys were saying no news on Famitsu this week so...
At any rate, they update the site and added screenshot for a couple of series: 00 (Tiera) Mazinger and...something else. Mazinger's new screenshot have Zeus fighting with his sword and portrayed in full-Nagai Go style.

link: I removed http because I still can't figure out the policy about which site are SFW and which aren't.
srw-z3-jigoku.suparobo.jp/character/

zeroshiki

I mean, my front two lines are all at 100%, but my back line is battleships and healers that I'm worried about having to pass through Gaioh's kill zone. I guess I can load the battleships and then Accel them as far from him as possible, but it's gonna be a trip.

Speaking of, it kind of blows that the Eternal can't repair in this game. In Super Robot Wars W the Eternal was useful for that reason. Granted I don't think it could dock, so that's the tradeoff, but still. Aside from having a safe place for people to hide in, battleships have felt pretty useless in SRWZ. It could just be that between the Guren Seiten, Gurren Lagann, Brasta R and Wing Zero there's little to worry about, but I dunno.

I'm fielding Nirvash, Guren, Strike Freedom, Gurren Lagann, Brasta R, Zeta, Wing Zero and Lancelot in the front row. Row 2 is Destiny, Mazinger, Getter, Turn A, 00, Infinite Justice, Hyaku Shiki and Nu. Third Row is Yoko Tank, Pearl Nail, Big O, Shinkiro, Ozma and Virgola Glory. Back row is battleships, healers, suppliers and the Sniper Valkyrie.

The Shin Getter Dragon is one of the best units in the game and its a battleship.

I guess? I dunno, because I barely bother with Super Robots. They're slow, they run out of energy hilariously fast and they dodge nothing.

Shin Getter-2 is one of the 2 fastest units in the game. The other being Arios. Also Getter-Vision/Mach-Special.

Edit: Of course the real virtue of super robots tends to be giant spirit pools and not having to rely on dodging anything in the first place.

CorvoSol

Shin Getter-2 is one of the 2 fastest units in the game. The other being Arios. Also Getter-Vision/Mach-Special.

Edit: Of course the real virtue of super robots tends to be giant spirit pools and not having to rely on dodging anything in the first place.

I get that they're meant to be tanks but it's pretty meaningless in Z2, I think, considering the bosses all had like, 1 million HP, infinite defense, full hp recovery halfway through every. single. time. and crazy attacks.

Late game in SRW never really feels much fun to me because it just becomes the slogs of "Oh did you waste all your spirit trying to kill this HP sponge boss? WELL HERE'S THREE MORE."

Thankfully SRWZ2 gave me SP recovery mid battle, but otherwise I dunno. Of course the other half of the problem is I don't read Japanese so I'm always missing out on things like skills and items.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I guess? I dunno, because I barely bother with Super Robots. They're slow, they run out of energy hilariously fast and they dodge nothing.

If you're managing resources correctly, you'll at most only need to resupply (refill EN) on a Super Robot maybe.... once a stage? Barely at all, if you actually take the time to choose the appropriate attack, as opposed to just using the default one that pops up when you counter.

Shove a HP and EN regen item on them, and you'll do pretty damn well with one.

Getting hit on purpose is useful for Supers, because that lets you build up Morale pretty damn quick.

I get that they're meant to be tanks but it's pretty meaningless in Z2, I think, considering the bosses all had like, 1 million HP, infinite defense, full hp recovery halfway through every. single. time. and crazy attacks.

Late game in SRW never really feels much fun to me because it just becomes the slogs of "Oh did you waste all your spirit trying to kill this HP sponge boss? WELL HERE'S THREE MORE."

Thankfully SRWZ2 gave me SP recovery mid battle, but otherwise I dunno. Of course the other half of the problem is I don't read Japanese so I'm always missing out on things like skills and items.

Abuse ranges.

Just send out one unit to be bait for the boss... let him focus on the bait until you get all your units JUST out of the boss's attack range. Then on the beginning of your next attack turn, rush the boss. Abuse the Move Again seishins. Abuse the EN refill seishins/items. Abuse the seishins in general.

Well yes, that's the only challenge left in SRW games and even then only if you handicap yourself.

Then on the beginning of your next attack turn, rush the boss. Abuse the Move Again seishins. Abuse the EN refill seishins/items. Abuse the seishins in general.
Pretty much. I finished the last stage of Z2-2 in 2 turns. You can probably finish it in 1 turn if you actually try to.

Bebpo

Banned
Late game SRW is honestly only good for the plot because that's when stuff finally happens and bosses start dying instead of running away.

For me the fun in SRW is:

first 1/3rd - getting new units and seeing their attacks

second 1/3rd - getting all the mid-series upgrades and seeing their attacks

last 1/3rd - you don't get much new unless bosses join, but the story kicks into gear and usually gets pretty interesting by the last few maps.

My favorite srws are the ones where you're still getting upgrades, new units, new attacks in the last 1/3rd + story moving.

It's why the z2 split was annoying because it split half the excitement (mid-series upgrades) into a separate game. Hope z3 handles it better somehow.

zeroshiki

Setsuna getting the Innovator skill in, like, the 3rd to the last stage was annoying (fun?) though. He goes from unbalanced killing machine to basically god in those last stages.

Setsuna getting the Innovator skill in, like, the 3rd to the last stage was annoying (fun?) though. He goes from unbalanced killing machine to basically god in those last stages.

Still better than his ace bonus in Hakai-Hen. They can let you toy around with it in Z3 while he is stuck in gimped 00.

Bebpo

Banned
I just realized they can't finish the OO movie in z3-1 unless they're willing to cut Setsuna and crew out of Z3-2...shit :(

I wonder if he'll even get Quan[T] in Z3-1 since in the movie he doesn't get it until the last ten minutes, iirc he got it a little earlier in UX. I hope we're not fighting the metal things for all of both games lol

CorvoSol

I just realized they can't finish the OO movie in z3-1 unless they're willing to cut Setsuna and crew out of Z3-2...shit :(

I wonder if he'll even get Quan[T] in Z3-1 since in the movie he doesn't get it until the last ten minutes, iirc he got it a little earlier in UX. I hope we're not fighting the metal things for all of both games lol

I'm bracing myself for the fact that AWTB and EW will both be stretched over two games. As it is I have no idea what there is left for Code Geass to do.

zeroshiki

I'm bracing myself for the fact that AWTB and EW will both be stretched over two games. As it is I have no idea what there is left for Code Geass to do.

There have been series before where the stories end and they just hang around. For example, there is zero movement in Char's Counterattack in the entirety of Z2. Unless Char is gonna leave in Z3, there's probably gonna be no movement there either.

For Geass, assuming the Z2-2 twist is Z-series canon, all of their units will just hang around as support characters ala the Z characters in Z2.

CorvoSol

There have been series before where the stories end and they just hang around. For example, there is zero movement in Char's Counterattack in the entirety of Z2. Unless Char is gonna leave in Z3, there's probably gonna be no movement there either.

For Geass, assuming the Z2-2 twist is Z-series canon, all of their units will just hang around as support characters ala the Z characters in Z2.

Ah. So how many such series are in Z3, then?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member

I think they'll probably actually play out Char's Counterattack. The first clue to that was during the original broadcast of the Z3 trailer (during the stream), it was Amuro talking in the opening CG clip, and you see a giant asteroid split in half. That's pretty much from Char's Counterattack.

2nd clue is Unicorn. You can't really have Gundam UC unless you do Char's Counterattack first.

Although technically, you can't really have Char's Counterattack w/o Gundam ZZ, so I'm curious as to how they're going to patch up that plothole.

Ah. So how many such series are in Z3, then?

With the recent trademark filing, we're now assuming that Z3 is two parts (Hell and Heaven Chapter), like Z2. No hard confirmation on that, though.

CorvoSol

Just finished Z2.2. I'm having a hard time saying whether it's better than Z2.1 or not. On the one hand Z2.1 felt kinda lame because it ended so abruptly. On the other hand Z2.2 made me sit through Lemon Brasta and had a kinda shaky opening in terms of what was going on.

I'm not qualified to say anyway because I don't read a lick of Japanese. I'm actually surprised there isn't a translation project in the works for these two, since I assumed the Z timeline was as popular as it got for SRW.

Pehesse

these japanese ds games work on NA 3dsxl's ? they're not region locked ? nice.

Another question, what is the song that plays here http://youtu.be/RCD78P1wAwQ?t=15s starts at 15 ends around 30

Have fun with the PS2 games, then :) I really liked OG (but then again, I loved them on GBA, and if you can get them, you might like them more since they're both in english), OG Gaiden a lot less, but that was more because of difficulty and balance issues.

The DS games are not region locked so they'll work on any DS/3DS. Only a select few DSi games are locked, like the second Fire Emblem, and you generally know in advance :-D

As for the music, if you mean the one right at the beginning from 0:15 to 0:40, that's Fire Wars from Mazinkaiser, if I'm not mistaken ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUBMi8igtf0

Back to Z3 : I can't wait ;_; I'll probably take it for Vita, single account thing be damned... currently considering rebuing both Z2's (or at least Saisei) to have a savegame handy when it's out.

It hasn't been said yet what having a Z2 savegame will grant, right? Probably money/PP like before?

(And I'm strangely very excited for the HD remake of the original... can't wait to hear the music!)

Just finished Z2.2. I'm having a hard time saying whether it's better than Z2.1 or not. On the one hand Z2.1 felt kinda lame because it ended so abruptly. On the other hand Z2.2 made me sit through Lemon Brasta and had a kinda shaky opening in terms of what was going on.

I'm not qualified to say anyway because I don't read a lick of Japanese. I'm actually surprised there isn't a translation project in the works for these two, since I assumed the Z timeline was as popular as it got for SRW.
You are wrong about Esther. Also here is the Hakai-Hen plot http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~mneideng/srwz2h.txt

zeroshiki

I'm not a big fan of OG characters so they're all the same to me. I like Z2-2 better because of the system. It gave you more skills and allowed you to actually get SP Regen and the morale booster skills got merged into one.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully we'll finally find out who the hell the two girls are from the images that pop up in Asakim's attack.

Can someone recap the status of all the Zodiac Spheres?

Jubern

Oh yeah I didn't like Asakim. He kind of seemed like the sort of villain I'd expect to find in a PS1 game?

I found the way he tormented Setsuko to be pretty fucked up and, dare I say, amusing. Maybe because, like you say, he behaves like a villain from 15/20 years ago which we're not used to anymore.

But his popularity has a lot more to do with the fact he's reverse Masaki.

Also, Vita users REJOICE!
Super Robot Wars Z3 will get a physical release on Vita! Not sure what changed since it was supposed to be a size problem but I don't care. Also the cover doesn't have the "Memory card needed" mention, so I hope the save is actually saved to the cart...
http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2014/01/22/73706.html

CorvoSol

I found the way he tormented Setsuko to be pretty fucked up and, dare I say, amusing. Maybe because, like you say, he behaves like a villain from 15/20 years ago which we're not used to anymore.

But his popularity has a lot more to do with the fact he's reverse Masaki.

Also, Vita users REJOICE!
Super Robot Wars Z3 will get a physical release on Vita! Not sure what changed since it was supposed to be a size problem but I don't care. Also the cover doesn't have the "Memory card needed" mention, so I hope the save is actually saved to the cart...
http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2014/01/22/73706.html

YES YES YES.

Vita is region free, right? As in it plays Japanese physical carts just fine, right?

Top Bottom