• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. (3DS): new update available (1.0.3)

Rhapsody

Banned
Some people are reporting that shield recharge time has been nerfed.

I like the change if true.

I'm testing it, but the recharge time feels the same, imo. I could be wrong though.

Yoshi teleports still work in 1.0.3. I thought that would've been patched out.
Maybe that one will take some time.

Edit: Yeah, definitely no change from what I can tell.

Some people are reporting that shield recharge time has been nerfed.

I like the change if true.
So for someone like me still doing single player I should probably stay offline, right as nerfed sheilds are going to make things harder for me...

Shame it is hard to test as it deleting the patch won't let you load your save (I guess you could use the default but I'm scared to do anything in case it does save over your progress).

Edit: So maybe it isn't true...

CaVaYeRo

Just tried a couple of online matches. Looks pretty much the same to me, but connection yesterday was terrible and it was faster now...

Fiktion

Banned
So for someone like me still doing single player I should probably stay offline, right as nerfed sheilds are going to make things harder for me...

Shame it is hard to test as it deleting the patch won't let you load your save (I guess you could use the default but I'm scared to do anything in case it does save over your progress).

Edit: So maybe it isn't true...

JoeInky just tested it with two versions side by side and found no differences, so yeah deconfirmed. No changes to gameplay have been found. The lack of detailed notes probably means there are no changes worth noting.

Cidfox

Neo Member
can anyone let me know if I'm crazy? I feel like mega man's up air is wider. Seems a bit bigger, but I might just be delusional.

can anyone let me know if I'm crazy? I feel like mega man's up air is wider. Seems a bit bigger, but I might just be delusional.

Now people are just seeing what they want to see lol

I think Metaknight needs his range back. I also think kirby's up smash should have more range. Yoshi damn near seems to have the best up smash in the game (for that type of kick)

rekameohs

Banned
If you can still watch your old replays, then nothing in-battle was changed or it wouldn't let you watch it now would it?

Yeah, I think that the only change in this patch is the Conquest change, perhaps some minor under-the-hood performance tweaks. Probably nothing gameplay related. My guess is that would be in a 1.1 patch, not a 1.0.x patch.

Greenzxy

So there's a chance for balancing patches?
skylK.png

Crocodile

That game has been out for only 3-6 weeks around the world. Why is anybody expecting character balance changes at this point?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Is it me, or do all the characters suddenly feel more pleasant to play as?

woopWOOP

Current progress for Conquest Mode is hidden. We can no longer see the current percentage for the teams
Oh, I like that. Previous conquests was just bandwagoning the winning team if you wanted to get those rewards, so there was no chance for the other teams to catch up after the first few hours. This should make it more even.

SalvaPot

So I just saw someone on reddit say this:

Hey just posting to say that I went and asked some ProjectPokemon guys (peolpe responsible for hacking pokemon games/pokegen/pkhex/etc ) and the verdict is that there seem to be no character specific balance changes.
Shiek, Ganon, Bowser, Palutena, Ness, and Pacman had some changed files, but they appear to be just model/texture tweaks.

Am I allowed to link to it?

CaVaYeRo

noticed while watching replays there's a new warning, something like you could lose previous replays if they were saved pre-update. Didn't lose anything though, and I guess this warning was there already for 1.0.2...

Top Bottom