• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Leak Summary *WARNING SPOILERS!!*

Zozz

Banned
Jenga said:
rolleyesmiley.gif

Only think I'm looking forward to is SSE now. If it weren't for the online matches I would just cancel the preorder.

obvious trolling

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Amir0x said:
Let them have their light, it's not all the time the hardcore gaming community actually supports something Nintendo does these days.

If it gets too out of hand than like Bioshock, we'll put a rope on it.

Well, I gotta say. That's rather nice of you. :)

[Nintex]

le.phat said:
jebus, what's there to spoil about a party game :lol :lol :lol
This game has a story mode and the scenario is written by the scenario composer from Final Fantasy VII. Epic stuff

EktorPR

Jenga said:
rolleyesmiley.gif

Only think I'm looking forward to is SSE now. If it weren't for the online matches I would just cancel the preorder.

For it to be "not dissapointing", what characters would you rather have in?

le.phat

[Nintex] said:
This game has a story mode and the scenario is written by the scenario composer from Final Fantasy VII. Epic stuff

it has a story mode??? you don't say! i'm sure its a tale of epic proportions :lol

MGrant

[Nintex] said:

I wish people would stop saying this. It was written by the FF7 guy and Sakurai. If the FF7 guy had his way, it'd be "So there are some Nintendo characters on a bus, and Snake is watching."

[Nintex] said:

If it's as bad as FF VII's story (angst, grrrrrrrr) then it isn't worth avoiding potential spoilers.

Aeris dies

Jenga

Banned
MGrant said:
I wish people would stop saying this. It was written by the FF7 guy and Sakurai. If the FF7 guy had his way, it'd be "So there are some Nintendo characters on a bus, and Snake is watching."
We should be thankful they didn't get Nomura for the character-redesigns! Belts an Zippers for everyone!

miyuru

le.phat said:
i find it downright hilarious how many OMGSPOILER threads a fricking partygame deserves. let me have my fun.

Please stop trolling...you don't understand that Smash Bros. is a game that many of us look forward to each generation, it's a pretty big deal as to who the secret characters are and so forth.

miyuru said:
Please stop trolling...you don't understand that Smash Bros. is a game that many of us look forward to each generation, it's a pretty big deal as to who the secret characters are and so forth.

Then why are you in a thread that say "WARNING SPOILERS" in the title?

Fireblend

Banned
StrikerObi said:
Then why are you in a thread that say "WARNING SPOILERS" in the title?
Because the fact that it's a big deal doesn't imply we want to avoid them? Some people might tho, hence the title.

EktorPR said:
For it to be "not dissapointing", what characters would you rather have in?
While I don't agree with Jenga and think the roster is that disappointing, I would've rather seen the following characters playable:

- Little Mac instead of Diddy Kong (I fucking hate Diddy).
- Saki from Sin & Punishment (Final Smash could've been awesome).
- Krystal instead of Wolf, just so we can have someone from Star Fox that doesn't play almost identical to Fox.
- Ray MK II from Custom Robo instead of ROB. Seriously, why is he even playable?
- Dark Samus (one that played very differently when compared to Samus) instead of Dedede.
- Mewtwo instead of Lucario.

I'm fine with Dedede, but Wolf, Diddy, Lucario and ROB should've been assist trophies.

Jenga

Banned
vertopci said:
Urgh...I thought SSBB wasn't going to have any clones?
They have their own new move-sets now. Anyhow, ROB is like an over-used nintendo joke. GOOD JOB SAKURAI 10/10 YOU ARE THE GREATEST TROLL OF 2007/08

Oblivion said:
Told you losers WW Link was gonna be in it. Now I have 3 bulbous headed mutants to beat on. :D

Dude, you have to add me when this game comes out!

You can TRY and beat on bulbous headed Toon Link then, I won't let you :D

I'm so glad both links are in.

vertopci

Jenga said:
They have their own new move-sets now. Anyhow, ROB is like an over-used nintendo joke. GOOD JOB SAKURAI 10/10 YOU ARE THE GREATEST TROLL OF 2007/08

Is this confirmed? The OP says falco is a rumored fox clone :(

I'm really behind on wtf is going with all these SSBB leaks :lol

Ashhong

Tim-E said:
You're an idiot.

heh heh heh. that got me banned before too :lol

Quick question, do we know of a ZSS Final Smash? I remember people speculating she would have her own, but...I haven't read anything about it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
radioheadrule83 said:
Dude, you have to add me when this game comes out!

You can TRY and beat on bulbous headed Toon Link then, I won't let you :D

I'm so glad both links are in.

Oh, it's on! :D

Hope you don't mind me kicking your butt with Mario, do you? :p

Formless

Ashhong said:
heh heh heh. that got me banned before too :lol

Quick question, do we know of a ZSS Final Smash? I remember people speculating she would have her own, but...I haven't read anything about it.
She has some sort of energy aura that hurts you if you're close, then she regains her suit.

MMaRsu

Banned
[Nintex] said:

That's not even true. He wrote a bus script, but Sakurai didn't want it.

Also Brawl ( or Smash in general ) is not a party game..

Fireblend

Banned
MMaRsu said:

No, he rejected the first script, but then worked together to get what we have now.

MMaRsu said:

He did write the bus script, however Sakurai and him revised it and they BOTH created this story.

MMaRsu said:

Uh, no. According to the Iwata Asks interviews, Kazushige Nojima did indeed turn in the "bus script" in the initial stages of story development, but Sakurai turned it down as he was looking for something more serious. The Subspace Emissary is what Kazushige came back with. I'm assuming Sakurai and perhaps other staff had a hand in the final piece, but the scenario is his.

MMaRsu

Banned
Fireblend said:
No, he rejected the first script, but then worked together to get what we have now.

Ohh ok my bad well, damn.

I knew I should have read the rest of Iwata asks :(

continue on with the discussions then

firex

I'm not surprised, but I'm still kind of disappointed they didn't put in Sagi from BKO. the whole time I played that game I thought he would be a good "who the fuck is this Nintendo character?" person to put in Brawl, especially given that he'd have a good set of moves/could easily be adapted to SSB. Kind of like Roy and Marth were for most people in NA/Europe when Melee came out.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
firex said:
I'm not surprised, but I'm still kind of disappointed they didn't put in Sagi from BKO. the whole time I played that game I thought he would be a good "who the fuck is this Nintendo character?" person to put in Brawl, especially given that he'd have a good set of moves/could easily be adapted to SSB. Kind of like Roy and Marth were for most people in NA/Europe when Melee came out.

Milly would kick all sorts of ass, in addition to having a unique style. Oh well.

dude

dude
MicVlaD said:
While I don't agree with Jenga and think the roster is that disappointing, I would've rather seen the following characters playable:

- Little Mac instead of Diddy Kong (I fucking hate Diddy).
- Saki from Sin & Punishment (Final Smash could've been awesome).
- Krystal instead of Wolf, just so we can have someone from Star Fox that doesn't play almost identical to Fox.
- Ray MK II from Custom Robo instead of ROB. Seriously, why is he even playable?
- Dark Samus (one that played very differently when compared to Samus) instead of Dedede.
- Mewtwo instead of Lucario.

I'm fine with Dedede, but Wolf, Diddy, Lucario and ROB should've been assist trophies.
That's a horrible roster.
For me, the only real improvement would be Mega Man, other than that I'm perfectly content with what we got, covers the bases nicely.

En-ou

i've got some questions and since it's hell in the other 2 threads, i'll ask it here.

can a friend watch (spectate) a live match between other friends?
is there a wii friend code thread around?

Redd

dude said:
That's a horrible roster.
For me, the only real improvement would be Mega Man, and bomberman other than that I'm perfectly content with what we got, covers the bases nicely.

fixed:D

Top Bottom