• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 5: Yarning for Yoshi

DaBoss

I'm disappointed that they are not trying to make new stage that would share the similarity with Brinstar Depths. That stage was insane fun for my circle of friends.
Yea, I hope they do, or bring back Brinstar Depths. Is there any game that could have a stage like that?
and we've been doing fine without all the banning stuff since. just ignore it and move on if it bothers you
Actually, banning stuff have been discussed before. Though I think that is just silly, but it is a tired reaction.

GAMERG0D

I believe someone said that 11 years ago today Wind Waker came out in North America. It can't be a coincidence with Toon Link in the pic of the day is it? Do any other upcoming dates match up with game releases, particularly with Metroid or F-Zero?

I'll never understand the idea that Lucas could be cut. Sakurai wanted to add him in Melee, and finally got to in Brawl. Why would he be cut? Makes no gah damn sense to me.

^Not necessarily referring to your post^

I hope R.O.B. gets confirmed first.

Or we see Olimar in a 3DS pic. I don't think that's happened yet.

We have, just without his Pikmin.

screen-10.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I hope R.O.B. gets confirmed first.

Or we see Olimar in a 3DS pic. I don't think that's happened yet.

I would be super okay with ROB, Ike, Lucas or Wolf since I want those characters to disprove those rumors. There are too many leaks that kept saying that those characters were cut.

DaBoss

And neither Villager and Wii Fit Trainer
Oh yea, they are working on the Wii U version of things first. Thanks for the reminder.

But god damn, Olimar was revealed in July and we've only gotten the first 3DS pic of him in January for the Little Mac reveal.

This may be jumping to conclusions, but it seems like they had to work on Olimar for quite some time.

We have, just without his Pikmin.

screen-10.jpg

Oh, thanks. :) I must not have seen that pic. Well, it'd be nice to see one with Pikmin, though.

I would be super okay with ROB, Ike, Lucas or Wolf since I want those characters to disprove those rumors. There are too many leaks that kept saying that those characters were cut.

Indeed. The more characters are confirmed, the easier old rumors are to debunk.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
But god damn, Olimar was revealed in July and we've only gotten the first 3DS pic of him in January for the Little Mac reveal.

This may be jumping to conclusions, but it seems like they had to work on Olimar for quite some time.

They released first picture of Olimar on Sept 16, 2013.

daily-2013-09-16.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Pikachu looks freakishly large next to Little Mac. :p

LOL Yeah. Can you imagine Jigglypuff have a chance to be bigger than Little Mac?!

Oh, so we have 2 Olimar pics on 3DS, but no Pikmin yet.

Release the Pikmin!

Now that I think about it, Bulborb for AT!

Bulborb as AT would be nice. I can't really think of anyone that would work as AT other than Bulborb or Burrowing Snagret. I haven't play Pikmin 3 yet so please go easy on the spoilers.

Edited: I wonder if they change Olimar's moveset in 3DS where they would have pikmin being a part of moveset by default instead of summoning it out. I seriously doubt that anyway.

Ryce

I just dislike how the fansite is spread out because it sows misinformation. Like how do we know that is WFT's taunt? etc.
It isn't, actually. Sakurai showed all three of her taunts during his E3 demonstration, and that isn't one of them. Deep Breathing is either a special move or her entrance animation. There are a bunch of other mistakes, too, and I don't like that the very obvious single player locale is lumped in with the stages.

(Also, this is more a nitpick than anything else, but "[insert name here] joins the Assist Trophy!" is the most nonsensical thing ever.)

Bulborb as AT would be nice. I can't really think of anyone that would work as AT other than Bulborb or Burrowing Snagret. I haven't play Pikmin 3 yet so please go easy on the spoilers.

Either would be cool and I feel like they are the most iconic enemies for the series, anyway.

Edited: I wonder if they change Olimar's moveset in 3DS where they would have pikmin being a part of moveset by default instead of summoning it out. I seriously doubt that anyway.

I doubt it, but I was wondering the other day whether there would be some alterations to him on the 3DS.

Alternatively, they could make it a very horrid punishment if they made you transform into the Cucco temporarily, a lá Twilight Princess...with no means to defend yourself, meaning everyone can attack ya for a brief time before transforming back. Your idea is much more fun and I'd love to see it happen tho

Yeah, that would be a fun idea too! It's easy to see how the cucco is a great addition, just by looking at the possible stuff you can do with it. I seriously hope Sakurai gets creative!

Caladrius

I doubt it, but I was wondering the other day whether there would be some alterations to him on the 3DS.

I think they will. Since the games don't have true Cross-platform multiplayer there's nothing on the technical front stopping them from making adjustments for the 3DS characters.

Sooo... I'm super stoked that the Cucco is happening, but

oreomunsta confirmed to be Sakurai.

this forum is no longer safe for me

>.>

<.<

*vanishes in a poof of hype dust*

I wish I was making Smash...

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 6: We're cucco for Jiggly-puffs

I can't really imagine anyone else than Sakurai working on Smash. It would be so weird to see that happening in the future if they decided to continue the series without Sakurai.

I hope he doesn't get locked into the series forever, though. His work on Kid Icarus, and Kirby Airide shows the man has talent to use outside of it.

I can't really imagine anyone else than Sakurai working on Smash. It would be so weird to see that happening in the future if they decided to continue the series without Sakurai.

I have a suspicion that the Namco partnership has a secondary motivation in that several of the current employees will be working again on future Smashes, whether it's still through Namco Bandai or a new Sora Ltd.

Btw Heath, I hope you'll take that OT suggestion I made in my comment =p

Greenzxy

lol, I remember the times when people were actually EMBRACING that sakurai may not return for smash 4, smfh.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I hope he doesn't get locked into the series forever, though. His work on Kid Icarus, and Kirby Airide shows the man has talent to use outside of it.

You are right that he have talents so I'm curious what games he would work on next after long break to recuperating his injuries. Who would be better replacement for Sakurai to work on Smash series?

lol, I remember the times when people were actually EMBRACING that sakurai may not return for smash 4, smfh.

Well, if Sakurai didn't accept Iwata's offer for Super Smash Bros Brawl, then they would do Melee online project without Sakurai.

You are right that he have talents so I'm curious what games he would work on next after long break to recuperating his injuries. Who would be better replacement for Sakurai to work on Smash series?

I have no idea. I don't know of any current Nintendo staff who could fulfill the role, but that could be that we don't know them yet. I'm sure they could find someone. Sakurai could stay on as Producer for future games and have them developed under Sora if he wanted to retain some creative control, but wanted to step away from full-time directing. That might also allow him to 'train' a suitable Director as a successor.

EDIT: Miyamoto stepped away from Mario and Pikmin, Sakurai stepped away from Kirby, and so on.

Top Bottom