• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 5: Yarning for Yoshi

I hope he doesn't get locked into the series forever, though. His work on Kid Icarus, and Kirby Airide shows the man has talent to use outside of it.

Well... That's if he returns to making games with the health of his arm =(

I agree with you though on his talent. He's at a Miyamoto-level for creativity and vision =)

Street's post above

You'd think though that if there was ever a time when he would be most likely to train someone, it'd be now with his future as a developer uncertain

Meesh

Has anyone thought it would be kinda sweet to be able to play as one of the characters from the great Final Fantasy's of yore?

Have Nintendo tap SE for say, Kain, Cecil or maybe Golbez? Even better, toss in Sabin, Edgar, Terra or Kefka? Could be a good idea to tie in some of these guys to games that were big on the Nintendo consoles of history.

While we're at it Nintendo could be asking Capcom for characters from Ghouls and Ghosts or Final Fight.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Has anyone thought it would be kinda sweet to be able to play as one of the characters from the great Final Fantasy's of yore?

Have Nintendo tap SE for say, Kain, Cecil or maybe Golbez? Even better, toss in Sabin, Edgar, Terra or Kefka? Could be a good idea to tie in some of these guys to games that were big on the Nintendo consoles of history.

While we're at it Nintendo could be asking Capcom for characters from Ghouls and Ghosts or Final Fight.

Arthur
Mega Man
Sonic
Simon Belmont
Onion Knight (can change into 3 basic jobs)
Bomber Man
Pac Man

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Lightning is the only acceptable SE character for any game.

Smash will be fine without Sakurai.

uh oh
hide

86419-sound-the-alarm-gif-Nightmare-6j5z.gif

Tomohawk

I have no idea. I don't know of any current Nintendo staff who could fulfill the role, but that could be that we don't know them yet. I'm sure they could find someone. Sakurai could stay on as Producer for future games and have them developed under Sora if he wanted to retain some creative control, but wanted to step away from full-time directing. That might also allow him to 'train' a suitable Director as a successor.

EDIT: Miyamoto stepped away from Mario and Pikmin, Sakurai stepped away from Kirby, and so on.

I think new talent comes in on a franchise, we are less likely to see it a evolve, because the talent is unproven with the franchise and the company is less likely to do anything new because of it. If they were going to find someone i think it would probably be some who worked on smash before.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Super Smash Bros. For Wii U and 3DS OT 6| "O Captain Falcon! My Captain Falcon!"

If Captain Falcon is revealed tomorrow.

Caladrius

We're getting Ridley, Palutena, Issac, King K. Rool, Black Shadow, Krystal, Hades, Mewtwo, Blaziken, Kumatora, Claus, Micaiah, Ike, Roy, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Takamaru, Ray Mk III, Yoshi and Jesus all at once on the new Final destination.

Yeah.

It's 3 AM where I live, but I count tomorrow as when I wake up, lol.

Haha, I do that too! It's 11AM where I am though, but with so many time zones, I just wanted to be sure if I should hype today or not, haha.

It's Captain Falcon tonight

Pic of the day. Ridley and Tingle battle it out on Pyrosphere. How intense! By the way, one of these is a Stage Hazard and on is an Assist Trophy, but I'm not telling. Sometimes I wonder who I am becoming.

Haha, I do that too! It's 11AM where I am though, but with so many time zones, I just wanted to be sure if I should hype today or not, haha.

Pic of the day. Ridley and Tingle battle it out on Pyrosphere. How intense! By the way, one of these is a Stage Hazard and on is an Assist Trophy, but I'm not telling. Sometimes I wonder who I am becoming.

LOL sounds Sakurai.

We're getting Ridley, Palutena, Issac, King K. Rool, Black Shadow, Krystal, Hades, Mewtwo, Blaziken, Kumatora, Claus, Micaiah, Ike, Roy, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Takamaru, Ray Mk III, Yoshi and Jesus all at once on the new Final destination.

And in a few hours, when only Anthony Higgs is revealed:

"it's nothing"

Platy

No sign of that dude from Mario RPG that everyone wanted on brawl ????

MEH

Smash will be fine without Sakurai.
Yes, yes it will. As good a dev as Sakurai is, Smash can (and likely will) exist without him.

And if they need an awesome director
they can just hire me
I'm sure they could find someone with no trouble at all. It's Smash Bros., who wouldn't be chomping at the bit to work on that?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I still stand by with my idea that, if Kalos Trainer Serena exists in Smash, she should carry all starters in their final forms.

Top Bottom