• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS: New Characters Video LEAKED! (SPOILERS)

Blues1990

Now I want to see how the Duck Hunt Dog & fowl will work in this game. Bowser Jr., while by far my least favourite Mario character, looks pretty sweet flying around in that mini clown car & Shulk looks sweet as well.

AdanVC

HOOOOOLY SHIT! What an amazing news (leaks) to start off the week!! Since the first batch of leaks I was on #TeamReal because Bowser Jr., Ness and Duck Hunt/Dog looked totally rad and genuine. I was still having my doubts on Shulk but he is actually in the freaking game! Who is this person leaking so much stuff?? It's like the leaker just practically stealed the final build game from Reggie's desk and she/he doesn't care if it gets caught! It's obvious Nintendo is aware of this and I'm sure their Ninjas are as pissed as the moon from Majora's Mask while trying to find the leaker.

But I have to say now I'm 100000% more excited for this game. Ness is back!!! My main since Melee. :D

The bad thing about this tough... All of this leaked content is probably going to appear in a second big Smash Bros Direct and know it's not going to be so exciting anymore because we already know the full roster :( Oh well, I'm still looking forward to see the CG reveal trailer from Shulk and Bowser Jr!

rekameohs

Banned
1408981157473.png

More on the way it seems....

Jamie OD

It baffles me that almost a month away from release there's still stuff to show.

It was like that for Brawl. Even days before release the Smash Dojo was showing off new items and levels. I don't think we even knew at the time who all of the secret characters were until the game came out.

Weiss

Banned
How is it disappointing?

Newcomers: Greninja, Lucina, Mega Man, Pac Man, Little Mac, Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, Mii Gunner, Palutena, Robin, Rosalina & Luma, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Clown Car Bowser Jr/Koopalings, Shulk, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog, Chorus Men (rumored DLC)

Brawl had 39 characters and 18 newcomers.

Assuming the leak is 100% true and complete, Smash 4 has:
51 characters and 17 newcomers (not including DLC)
56 characters and 18 newcomers (including DLC)
Plus, each character has 12 specials now. Each of the 4 specials you can have in your moveset has 3 variations you choose from.

Specifically, I'm only down on what was revealed in the leak that I mentiod. I was hoping there wouldn't be any more clones, and I just plain don't like Bowser Jr. I may not be super enthused about, say, Mii Fighters or Wii Fit Trainer, but they fill an interesting niche. Bowser Jr. is one of the worst characters Nintendo's introduced lately. Not to mention Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wolf being relegated to DLC.

Having Shulk is awesome, though. Glad he's showing up.

Thorakai

All I want are the Ice Climbers and then I will be happy. I can accept the loss of Lucas, Snake, Wolf, and the other Pokemon. I am even fine with no Ridley. Bring back Nana & Popo.

RPGCrazied

Holy hell at Shulk, if this isn't real, biggest troll over. How can someone fake videos? Pictures I could kinda see faking. This has to be real.

Moondrop

Banned
I'm not saying Ganondorf doesn't need much fixing from his Brawl state; he does. But I maintain it's an under-recognized fighting game trope that characters stay mostly consistent in moves and style between releases.

Ezalc

If there is any game where you could never call the developer lazy, it's this game. There is so much cool shit in Sakurai games that to call him lazy makes you look like a buffoon.

Unless you're joking, which you'd have to be.

Having a major villain play nothing like he's supposed to for three games in a row is some pretty lazy shit. I'm in the small minority who doesn't worship Sakurai though.

Mariolee

THAT IS THE NESSINENGLAND ICON DESCRIPTION.
NessInEngland leak is real then, meaning we have more characters on the way. He mentioned All-Star mode was locked off, then described its image as look just like that.

People really need to start posting sources more.

Dr. Buni

... Shit. This is easily the worst Smash roster IMO.
Yeah, the roster with 95% of the characters from previous games + tons of newcomers is the worst roster.

Holy shit @ some people.

This is easily the best roster so far, the only bad thing is the lack of Ice Climbers. Smash 4 > Brawl > Melee > 64 in terms of rosters.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Specifically, I'm only down on what was revealed in the leak that I mentiod. I was hoping there wouldn't be any more clones, and I just plain don't like Bowser Jr. I may not be super enthused about, say, Mii Fighters or Wii Fit Trainer, but they fill an interesting niche. Bowser Jr. is one of the worst characters Nintendo's introduced lately. Not to mention Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wolf being relegated to DLC.

Having Shulk is awesome, though. Glad he's showing up.

If you don't like bowser jr, then use an alt. Supposedly he has 8 alts, each of which is a different koopaling.

Pociask

Still clone Ganondorf sucks, Bower Jr. reminds me of how much I don't like Bowser Jr., but Duck Hunt Dog confirmed? THANK YOU BASED SAMURAI!

Surprised people think Ganondorf would get a whole new moveset. That's not how fighting games generally work between iterations.

Ganondorf BLEW chunks in Brawl. He needs a rework. He does look faster though, which is one of his main problems in Brawl as I recall.

Gartooth

I didn't like the final roster when I first saw the leak... but I'm glad it got leaked regardless to tamper my expectations.

H1PSTER

My friend is making the point of the character select being fake because there are some characters from the same series that are nowhere near each other and that the grouping is a pattern in pretty much every game's selection screen.

Anyone care to prove him wrong? I can't, and I am starting to believe him.

Hatchtag

Banned
People really need to start posting sources more.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69924128
- Class mode with mario running down the level ________________________- Allstar mode with Sonic, Mario, Mega
select grid that you saw in the previews ________________________________ man and pac man doing the 3ds _________________________________________________________________ box art pose

- Traning mode, that features a black dumbell____________________________ - Stadium featuring the bomb __________________________________________________________________ and sandbag

My friend is making the point of the character select being fake because there are some characters from the same series that are nowhere near each other and that the grouping is a pattern in pretty much every game's selection screen.

Anyone care to prove him wrong? I can't, and I am starting to believe him.

You serious. Even after the video? Cmon son./

Yeah, the roster with 95% of the characters from previous games + tons of newcomers is the worst roster.

Holy shit @ some people.

This is easily the best roster so far, the only bad thing is the lack of Ice Climbers. Smash 4 > Brawl > Melee > 64 in terms of rosters.

I agree with this, though we still don't have a final roster let's be clear. Or at least, we don't know if we do or not.

This roster so far is the broadest, craziest roster any of the games has ever had.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
NessInEngland leak is real then, meaning we have more characters on the way. He mentioned All-Star mode was locked off, then described its image as look just like that.
You mind giving us the actual leak, buddy?

The video leaker also responded to a thread about the leaked character select screen and said there were more characters.

Fuck yeah Shulk
Fuck yeah Bowser Jr. on the Koopa Car
Fuck yeah Duck Hunt Dog

This is an incredible roster. With DLC (or those possible unlocked characters) we could get there, to the 10/10 for me.

Sadly that it's confirmed that the 3DS version did indeed keep back the WiiU one. We lost Squirtle, Ivysaur and Ice Climbers because of the 3DS version.

Top Bottom