• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Horizon-

The other thread is going nuts with that new pic. Going to take this moment to calm myself here.
I like Wolf. It was fun to play as him.

MisterHero

I wouldn't say officially, since Star Fox characters had an "official" game variant in Brawl.
Though it's not looking so good for him anyways.
No they didn't. The cameo models/voice actors were from Assault.
or Command, I didn't play it

CassSept

Nice thread and great title, I'm always wary of those since SS OT.

I hope we know the entire roster today, I'll have a terrible Internet access for the next week, I don't want to not be in the know :(

JoeInky

So I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but after playing the game demo for 12 hours, I'm not really feeling it.

I'll see what it's like when the full version comes out so I can customise the controls to not be shit and then after that I'll see what it's like when the WiiU version releases with a proper controller, but currently the game just doesn't sit right with me.

The air dodge feels too good, certain moves are laggier than they should ever need to be leading to a lot of things that feel like they should be combos just straight up whiffing, no momentum conservation makes it feel a bit stiff, the game just feels wrong to me after I've been playing Project M for so long.

I'm looking forward to trying out all the characters and custom moves and being able to play against actual people to get a better opinion on things though.

I really hope that insta-teching grounded meteor smashes is just a bug that's only in the demo or something though, that's been the most annoying thing about the game engine so far.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
"This game feels wrong to me because I've been playing this fan-made hack for too long."

Yeah, ehr, whatever.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It's never been more happeninger than now!

JoeInky

So I'm hearing the game has literally next to no shield stun.

Sakurai y.

Based on the demo this is true, It's also incredibly hard to punish rolls or just tech chase in general even if you read it correctly because they can just instantly roll/dodge a second time based on the CPU games I've played so far.

The defensive options are way too strong imo, the competitive meta is definitely going to shape up to be more like Brawl than Melee or 64 unless there's something massively game changing in the game that noone has found out about yet, which is a bit boring.

Also the air dodge, damn the air dodge is way too strong imo.

"This game feels wrong to me because I've been playing this fan-made hack for too long."

Yeah, ehr, whatever.

It's not just Project M, that's just my most recent smash game, the game feels off to me compared to PM, Melee and 64. The defensive options are insane imo.

I don't like certain aspects of the new one from a game design perspective, they just feel like bad decision to me.

TDLink

So play Mii fighter in classic mode unlock Black Pit, what about other characters unlock? I'm too busy to watch streams.

Dark Pit is unlocked just from Classic 3 times I think. Doesn't matter the character. Duck Hunt seems to be 10 Classic games.

Beat Classic with Marth for Lucina, with Link for Ganondorf, with Duck Hunt for Game and Watch, with Mario for Dr. Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom