• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

I always assumed custom moves were going to be super imbalanced and more just for goofing around than for competitive play since I heard you couldn't use them online. Is there any consensus from the community whether or not they'll be allowed in tournaments? I don't really know what to think of them yet.

They're being allowed until proven broken and/or problematic.

Rh8nsgI.jpg

Next time buddy

Also I'm sorry guys, but I couldn't resist

9Fm8xsi.jpg

Moonlight

Banned
Yeah, you're right... I mean this happened so pros aren't always right

Just gotta have faith. There's still time!
There's definitely more time, lol. There's a time in the Melee years when Jigglypuff was considered a joke character. Day two impressions don't mean much, and Palutena looks like she's got pretty strong tools. Up Smash looks a really strong (although the hitbox seems deceptively narrow) kill option for her and Reflect seems really good at walling people out. Plus her roll is goddess-like. I think Palutena will be okay.

Either way, day two impressions are absolutely nothing to stress too much about.

-Horizon-

I haven't look all of them. I like to discover them myself like I did in the past without internet.

It might be best to steer clear for a while then. While I think some of the unlocking conditions are still being figured out, they're being discussed every now and then in this thread and the other big Smash threads.

Esque7

Ganon looks slightly better. Has some armor on his warlock punch, wizard's foot looks slightly faster, dair has great KO potential even on the ground now due to the new rebound mechanic. Probably won't be a great character but he has some improvements.

georly

Every time I play with Link, I feel like a beast.

Yup, I'm so happy he's not shit tier. At least not yet.

It's looking to me like custom moves will be VERY crucial to keeping some characters competitive. I'm just hoping custom moves don't make 'top tier' characters 'god tier' to the point where customs get banned.

I'm hoping that maybe SOME specific custom moves get banned rather than banning the mechanic entirely. A lot of characters are looking like they'll really need the customs to help them out. Particularly palutena and mega man.

Fireblend

Banned
Been listening to the soundtrack and holy shit. Some of these are crazy good.

The Mother songs and the ones from Fire Emblem Awakening. Damn.

i know its no battle music, but i wish they could find a way to work this into the game. I just love it so much and theres not a whole lot of Yoshi music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xZUISErsxg

A lot of songs on stages aren't really 'battle music', like the town theme playing on that Pokemon tower level from X/Y. I think this would be great on a Yoshi level, it's got a good rhythm to it and it builds up over time which kinda gets the battle pumpin'.

Beats

Never really looked into stale moves all that much, but is it actually possible to "refresh" a move that's stale during a match?

Revven

Just checking in. What's the impressions of online so far? Laggy & disconnects or smooth sailing?

Pretty smooth sailing from what people have said so far.

Beats said:
Never really looked into stale moves all that much, but is it actually possible to "refresh" a move that's stale during a match?

Yes, you have to use other moves to refresh the one that is stale or you have to die -- your moves refresh when you get KO'd.

georly

Just checking in. What's the impressions of online so far? Laggy & disconnects or smooth sailing?

Laggy sometimes, ok when playing w/ friends in the US, i believe. Sometimes i have fights that are alright, but it's never been perfect.

Very interested to see what it's like once it's out here and I play w/ someone relatively near me.

Cody_D165

Banned
God after reading some posts on /r/smashbros and seeing some horrific photos I am truly afraid of breaking my circle pad

Is this how they're going to sell New 3DS? by breaking everyone's old one? LOL

Rapture

A lot of songs on stages aren't really 'battle music', like the town theme playing on that Pokemon tower level from X/Y. I think this would be great on a Yoshi level, it's got a good rhythm to it and it builds up over time which kinda gets the battle pumpin'.

You. I like you.

Anth0ny

smash 64 - 5 stock
melee - 4 stock
brawl - 3 stock
smash 4 - 2 stock
smash 5 - 1 stock
smash 6 - rock paper scissors bo3, smash bros isn't even played

Hatchtag

Banned
Fox's custom specials are fairly similar to Wolf's. Gonna try to unlock the rest of them though, see if they become more or less Wolf like.

DaBoss

God after reading some posts on /r/smashbros and seeing some horrific photos I am truly afraid of breaking my circle pad

Just stock up on some super glue lol. But seriously, it would be an easy solution to either the whole circle pad coming off, or only the rubber portion.

emb

I'm gonna get a 2DS just for Smash. Apparently they're $99 at Gamestop for a little while.

I just hope I can make it through the demo. Don't really want to transfer digital stuff off of my launch 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom