• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is easy in an air focused game like Smash

Didn't say it was easy. Having to constantly dodge to not fly off the stage after getting hit or getting grabbed and waiting for an opening doesn't sound like it. But I imagine it's important to not chase off stage after sending an opponent flying.

Rushing down with patience.

Someone Zero is facing right now is VI-ing properly.

EDIT: Zero left the guy. >_>

Robin went to the 160% range before he got killed. He/she was playing as Robin and was getting bodied by Zero's ZSS.
For VI, what is the timing necessary for it to have an effect? If you've already been launched and you haven't started pushing in the direction, is it too late?

georly

Well I was thinking the scenario where you hit them with the dash attack or some other move that tends to send them pretty high vertically.

Pull out the bomb, jump -> throw, land, and prepare your smash the instant you hit the ground.

Doesn't seem that hard, I usually lead my bomb throws well enough. :p

Can't make Gifs since I'm on my phone but I pulled it off. Here is a YouTube video.

http://youtu.be/_SOostsVGaQ @125% at start of video

Here is a video w lower % ko.
Bombs 3: http://youtu.be/boeY29usZdE

All against dumb bots of course. Sorry for shitty off screen

RomanceDawn

Amazing bomb play with Link! Stuff like that gets me so excited for the competitive development!

So what's up with Toon Link? I know there is no way he outclasses Link in every way this time around. What's the general word on him?

If you are talking about Wii U version then you should ask that in Wii U thread. :p

That's only for direct discussion of Wii U though :v My question pertains to how 3DS got three stages from Melee that were also from Brawl - will the remaining Past Stages from Brawl end up in the Wii U version? Or is it just coincidence that the three we got were from Brawl?

rekameohs

Banned
That's only for direct discussion of Wii U though :v My question pertains to how 3DS got three stages from Melee that were also from Brawl - will the remaining Past Stages from Brawl end up in the Wii U version? Or is it just coincidence that the three we got were from Brawl?
I would imagine that the Smash 4 engine is much closer to Brawl than Melee, so transferring over stages from Brawl (including past stages) would be easier than from Melee.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Whatever you want to do. I think we should discuss about wii u stages in other thread. To answer your question, it's no brainer that they are going to use any stages that exists in Brawl because they ported everything from Brawl to Smash 4. I don't think we will see unique stages that only came from 64 or Melee at all unless they decide to release Melee Stages DLC.

PKrockin

For VI, what is the timing necessary for it to have an effect? If you've already been launched and you haven't started pushing in the direction, is it too late?
There's hitlag, where you're frozen in place for a few frames BEFORE you get launched. This is when you can SDI to move your character slightly. Whatever direction you're pressing at the end of hitlag and the beginning of hitstun (the instant you start flying away) determines your VI. So yes, if you're already launched, it's too late.

I hope I didn't use the wrong term for the state you can SDI in. I'm pretty sure it's hitlag.

There's hitlag, where you're frozen in place for a few frames BEFORE you get launched. This is when you can SDI to move your character slightly. Whatever direction you're pressing at the end of hitlag and the beginning of hitstun (the instant you start flying away) determines your VI. So yes, if you're already launched, it's too late.

I hope I didn't use the wrong term for the state you can SDI in. I'm pretty sure it's hitlag.
Okay, that's sort of what I figured. Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I'm practicing it right.

Pirate Ship's only hope is that they bring back more than one level from a series, because it's likely Temple is back, especially considering Temple's music is in the 3DS version as a bonus track.

Ok I like Temple more. But I want Pirate Ship too :p

My favourite Brawl stages were:

Pirate Ship
WarioWare Inc
Bridge of Eldin
Smashville
Mario Circuit
Yoshi's Island

Two of those are in 3DS.
Smashville is replaced by Town and City so it doesn't need to come back.
I'm hoping Mario Circuit is in Wii U seeing as MK got a new stage on 3DS, so Wii U can have a retro stage for it.
Then the other two are Zelda and we can't realistically have them all :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom