• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

Wait, so Shulk is bad too? Oh come on, now that's 3 out of my 4 most excited newcomers that people are claiming are low tier... ;_; (being Little Mac, Shulk, Pac-Man, and Mega Man)
I've seen a LOT of Shulk matches, by competitive players on streams, and the Shulk player won in most cases. Shulk definitely has potential. But it's going to take people a while to master him: Knowing when, where and how to use each Monado Art will be key. I've seen a lot of people switch to certain arts for their buffs but not take into account the debuffs (I.E. how the Smash Art launches enemies easier but also makes Shulk easier to launch, so it's not always wise to use this when Shulk is at high percent).

It turns out this guy Iggy was one of the best PSABR players in the world, which is why no one had ever heard of him.
9udBh8U.gif

Teknoman

I see a lot of demand here for a good Megaman player. I'm guessing most of you guys missed the TourneyLocator stuff last night so I'd like to draw your attention to this.

Last night a player no one knew showed up at the tourney and did very well by using Rosalina and Megaman in creative ways. It turns out this guy Iggy was one of the best PSABR players in the world, which is why no one had ever heard of him.

In this match Iggy uses Megaman to destroy AeroLink's Sheik.

If you want to see a good Megaman check this out.

Learning some possible tips from this, but I hope lemons doesnt stick as his buster shot nickname. I really wanna learn how to wall jump off lower areas though!

emb

I was really looking forward to Dedede until I heard his gordos were reflected just by hitting them.
i guess we had a good connection since we are pretty close to each other but he combo'd me like there is no tomorrow.
You should have told us when you encountered him, we would have checked out the stream! It might be archived too, idk.

Durden77

He's been made a lot better, but accidentally using that utilt is a death sentence. Simply changing the edge mechanics has made him 10x better, since he can actually recover now. His f tilt,down tilt, uair, are all prety great, and his warlock punch has super armor.

Well that's good to hear. I was mainly just basing that off his Brawl incarnation. I still can't believe they haven't axed or greatly improved that move though.

Neiteio

I see a lot of demand here for a good Megaman player. I'm guessing most of you guys missed the TourneyLocator stuff last night so I'd like to draw your attention to this.

Last night a player no one knew showed up at the tourney and did very well by using Rosalina and Megaman in creative ways. It turns out this guy Iggy was one of the best PSABR players in the world, which is why no one had ever heard of him.

So to play an excellent Mega Man, you play Mega Man like you'd play Mega Man in a Mega Man game

mega

Wait.

There was enough of a competitive PSABR community for somebody to be considered one of the best players in the world?

I really hope Custom Moves are easy to completely unlock in the Wii U version. It'd be a shame if how much of a pain they are to collect prevents competitive use, because they're fun to watch.

Valus

I think I prefer yesterday's 3 stock rule instead of these 2 stocks. Players are much more cautious with just the two stocks from what I've seen so far.

boxter432

what's with all the reaction .gifs to "Iggy"? is it b/c he is actually known, or b/c the name is a koopaling's? nobody posted these last night and nobody at the tourney knew him

emb

what's with all the reaction .gifs to "Iggy"? is it b/c he is actually known, or b/c the name is a koopaling's? nobody posted these last night and nobody at the tourney knew him
It's because that sentence said he was (un)known for being one of the best at PSABR. People are laughing at PSABR.

(The bold on "Iggy" was from the original post.)

ffdgh

I think it's more of a shock to some that psasbr has a big enough competitive sceen where someone could be considered the best in the world?

Violet_0

Banned

this part
"one of the best PSABR players in the world, which is why no one had ever heard of him"

RagnarokX

The joke is that nobody knew who he was because he's the most famous player of a game nobody likes. It's a sick PSABR burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom