• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSah

Banned
The rest of the world in for a treat. I love this game so much. It beat every game in regards to hours played since I first bought my Japanese 3DS a couple years ago. So crazy.

Damn. Only nine more painful days..

...we can do it SmashGAF brothers

Finished Earthbound for the first time today. Pretty gooooood. Gonna try and give Ness a proper go this time around.

And listening to the Smash 4 remix of Smiles and Tears right now <3

Now, onto Mother 1 or Mother 3 next?

Platy

M2k is saying on Zero stream that the Rage mechanics are worse than tripping.

S30mRQm.jpg

CassSept

Damn. Only nine more painful days..

...we can do it SmashGAF brothers

Probably only 7 for EuroGAF :D

I put 5 hours into the demo, I know it's not much and a lot of you guys probably have more but for me it's mindblowing, 5 hours into a demo that has only a smidgen of the full game's content! The force is strong with this one.

The worst part about farming customization items is that I'll have to do it again on the NA 3DS version.

I am hoping the Wii U connectivity means we can automatically connect the games to unlock everything that we have done in the 3DS version because unlocking the roster twice would be annoying...

Gaston

M2k is saying on Zero stream that the Rage mechanics are worse than tripping.

I wouldn't say it's worse than tripping, but it doesn't sound good from a competitive perspective. It creates games that are can rubber band too much. We'll have to see how much of an effect it has later on.

Forkball

I am hoping the Wii U connectivity means we can automatically connect the games to unlock everything that we have done in the 3DS version because unlocking the roster twice would be annoying...
In the ROM dump there was info about transferring customized characters, but that may not mean every single customization item you've unlocked. I'm also worried you can only transfer if your Wii U and 3DS has the same NNID (my Japanese 3DS has a different one). There may be the possibility that it lets you transfer any character in though, that way your friends can store their custom characters on your Wii U. I hope that is the case.
Well they are playing for fun I doubt they care about winning :)
Pfft. We all know For Fun is the real Smash. I just dominated as Kirby with Ganondorf's Warlock Punch. You can barely tell Kirby's even doing it and the move has super armor so you can get a lot of unsuspecting people.

Thoraxes

In the ROM dump there was info about transferring customized characters, but that may not mean every single customization item you've unlocked. I'm also worried you can only transfer if your Wii U and 3DS has the same NNID (my Japanese 3DS has a different one). There may be the possibility that it lets you transfer any character in though, that way your friends can store their custom characters on your Wii U. I hope that is the case.

Pfft. We all know For Fun is the real Smash. I just dominated as Kirby with Ganondorf's Warlock Punch. You can barely tell Kirby's even doing it and the move has super armor so you can get a lot of unsuspecting people.

Well, you were able to bring custom control data to a friend's place via the Wiimote memory.

DaBoss

M2K is reactionary and says a lot of things lol. If there is one person you can ignore for insight on what they think of the game this early, it would be M2K (and people who don't have the game and are spouting nonsense, be it negative or positive).

Forkball

I have never seen Shulk win once online. I've never seen anyone use him 1v1 and he's never won in four player For Fun or Glory. A shame, he is actually a cool character.

What the hell is the rage mechanic? Also was there a consensus reached for vectoring/whatever over how big its impact on the game was?
You do more knockback (just knockback, not damage) the more damage you have taken on your current stock. I don't even think its effect is that significant considering how crazy Lucario's Aura can be. People are just quick to make assumptions about anything they find.
Is For Glory 2v2 random teams or can I enter matchmaking with a friend?
Random teams. Even if you and your friend get into the same lobby, I'm pretty sure teams are randomized every game. Team Attack is also set to off for whatever reason.

DaBoss

What the hell is the rage mechanic? Also was there a consensus reached for vectoring/whatever over how big its impact on the game was?
If you're at higher percent, your attacks will have more knockback.

I think there would need to be more til people have "mastered" VI before determining how big of an impact it has. It clearly has an impact though.
Is For Glory 2v2 random teams or can I enter matchmaking with a friend?
Random from what I understand.

I have never seen Shulk win once online. I've never seen anyone use him 1v1 and he's never won in four player For Fun or Glory. A shame, he is actually a cool character.

i get the same 5-8 characters online in 1v1. i don't think i ever saw a Wii Fit Trainer anywhere.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wouldn't say it's worse than tripping, but it doesn't sound good from a competitive perspective. It creates games that are can rubber band too much. We'll have to see how much of an effect it has later on.

Eh I disagree, for me it encourages aggressive play.

Forkball

Is this due to tier or no one just not enough people really using him?

I'm not tier expert, but it's probably because he is heavily reliant on his buffs. They are extremely useful though. The speed buff makes you extremely fast, the jump buff gives you the best double jump in the game, the attack buff racks up damage extremely quickly etc. The Smash buff is the signature one, as it can KO very early, and I'm talking 50-60%. Switching between specials takes practice though and is a bit annoying since when you press the B button, it just takes you to your current buff instead of next in line and if you miss, you have to cycle again. Also his other specials and attacks are a bit boring, so I can see people not wanting to hassle with the Monado modes and picking a more straight-forward character.

Molemitts

Finished Earthbound for the first time today. Pretty gooooood. Gonna try and give Ness a proper go this time around.

And listening to the Smash 4 remix of Smiles and Tears right now <3

Now, onto Mother 1 or Mother 3 next?

Mother 3, certainly. The first one isn't very good, it's not worth bothering with, unless, you're a big fan of the Mother/Earthbound series.

SmithnCo

Mother 3, certainly. The first one isn't very good, it's not worth bothering with, unless, you're a big fan of the Mother/Earthbound series.

I like Mother 1 a lot, but if you are playing the english prototype emulated I suggest using a fast forward feature because there is some grinding and the random encounters are numerous. That makes it more bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom