• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

So after Charizard and Captain Falcon both appeared in a newcomer's trailer and had it treated as an official reveal, I'm just about prepared to declare Mr. Game & Watch and all the "retro" characters dead in the water. I'm NEVER usually this pessimistic, but there's a distinct focus on newer characters in this game, and ALL of the revealed characters have had their own game within the last decade...

It's probably just my usual crazy blathering, but I won't be able to let out that anxious breath that I'm holding in until the day when they're finally revealed.

I agree its kind of annoying(?) that G & W hasn't been "officially" confirmed after the the Pac-Man trailer and put up on the site but I think you're a bit hasty in jumping to conclusions. I especially don't know how you extrapolated this line of thought to characters like R.O.B or Ice Climbers. Patience good sir.

RbspzRu.jpg

fJonC0m.jpg

Xan9uy6.jpg
So, I went ahead and made those wallpapers I mentioned earlier. Feel free to use any of these if you want. I'm going to update it as more characters are announced.

Hey guys! I'm new to the SSB series. I literally only understood the whole ring out system like last year. I've played a handful of times at friends' houses but never had some alone time to understand the mechanics.

I'll own my first Smash game likely on the 3DS, though I want to sell it for a WiiU/WiiU version.

SmithnCo

So after Charizard and Captain Falcon both appeared in a newcomer's trailer and had it treated as an official reveal, I'm just about prepared to declare Mr. Game & Watch and all the "retro" characters dead in the water. I'm NEVER usually this pessimistic, but there's a distinct focus on newer characters in this game, and ALL of the revealed characters have had their own game within the last decade...

It's probably just my usual crazy blathering, but I won't be able to let out that anxious breath that I'm holding in until the day when they're finally revealed.

Pac-Man is one big retro fanservice character, so I don't think Sakurai would let that happen. I don't think he'd tease G&W without him being in either, that just seems needlessly cruel, lol. I assume G&W is unlockable. Hopefully he shows IC soon too.

Their clothes (which are just the default outfits from Awakening) are pretty loose, obscuring the finer points of their anatomy, so to speak
take notes, Ubi.

I thought that was the case. I just checked FE:A's artwork and medium size male and female Robin clothes and proportions really seem very similar. It's still a bit weird, though. I don't mind the body aspect, but I'd like if at least the clothes had something to differentiate between them.

Makai

Hey guys! I'm new to the SSB series. I literally only understood the whole ring out system like last year. I've played a handful of times at friends' houses but never had some alone time to understand the mechanics.

I'll own my first Smash game likely on the 3DS, though I want to sell it for a WiiU/WiiU version.
Enjoy! We get so excited about it for a reason.

-Horizon-

So, I went ahead and made those wallpapers I mentioned earlier. Feel free to use any of these if you want. I'm going to update it as more characters are announced.
I really like first one, feels balanced to have characters on both sides of the logo.

Welcome to SmashGAF.
#3DSOctoberMasterRace

Golnei

I thought that was the case. I just checked FE:A's artwork and medium size male and female Robin clothes and proportions really seem very similar. It's still a bit weird, though. I don't mind the body aspect, but I'd like if at least the clothes had something to differentiate between them.

Even if the standard versions seem very similar, if they go with more elaborate costumes like Villager's, there's a few classes they can choose that fit with Robin's moveset - aside from Tactician and Grandmaster, both Dark Knight, Dark Flier and Dread Fighter use the melee + tomes set up, and three unisex and two gendered classes would fit with the general amount of costumes we can expect. That with hair / face alterations would be perfect.

Thanks! I made the other ones on someone's request, but I still like the centered one most. Now I really need the 48 character roster to pan out so I can keep my symmetry. :)

No worries! Was fun to make.

I actually ended up using the one with all the characters on the right side, works really well and looks really clean on my desktop so I actually love it. Looking forward to when we have the final version!

Even if the standard versions seem very similar, if they go with more elaborate costumes like Villager's, there's a few classes they can choose that fit with Robin's moveset - aside from Tactician and Grandmaster, both Dark Knight, Dark Flier and Dread Fighter use the melee + tomes set up, and three unisex and two gendered classes would fit with the general amount of costumes we can expect. That with hair / face alterations would be perfect.

Although that would be very cool, I'm not expecting them to implement that many alternate costumes. When it comes to alternate costumes that actually change the model of the characters, they have been pretty conservative so far. Just take Light Suit Samus, for example. It could have easily been a different costume (model) for Samus, but it ended up as a recolor of her standard suit.

IIRC the only model change we had so far as an alternate costume as Little Mac's pink sweatshirt, so I wouldn't keep my hopes up for Robin.

They look great! You did a very nice job getting the rainbow colors to flow into each other.

Are we still getting a POTD tonight?

We even got PotDs during E3, so I assume we'll get one tonight. Nothing can stop the PotD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom