• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a month ago a user named Garfield64 made this post on gamefaqs

Thought you all should know "getmetsu" leak has a few characters wrong
1. Chrom is not joining Lucina is

She is the one on left - http://sonohara.donmai.us/data/66ad38541d9a0e8009c92c1e8579b5e7.jpg

2. Chorus Men are not getting in, neither are the "Chorus Kids", Marshal with Miss Ribbon Alternate are.

I'm not sure why but our "leaker" is unable to correctly identify people, I'm assuming he is using some type of image search program to identify them.

So people worried about there being "3" blue haired swordsmen who look nearly identical and play the same class, no longer need to worry.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69440637

He now claims he has been a leaking information for over 14 years (his account was created in 2000, and has been active). He says he is a game tester in Japan.

He claims a lot of his leak get shot down and modded.

My other leak was a exclusive feature to play as bosses for the Wii U making 5 players playable in this mode on top of making Ridley fans wet them selves. I even named the bosses and got modded. But WHAT EVER this will be a guess to. !$!@#ing @#$#s.

Oh I also leaked there NFC smash plans, and how they plan to unlock DLC with them and minigames in other games.

The DLC is not exclusive, though some custom abilities and alt costumes and early release will be exclusive.

That was leaked by me like 6 months ago. Found that out from promo Merchandise ads xD.

How does SmashGaf feel about this. The part about Gematsu being correct, except Lucina is in over Chrom has a lot of peoples attention atm. Sorry if this has been brought up already.

ffdgh

"Pic of the day. When Chrom joins the battle, Tharja takes his place in Robin's Final Smash."

2558C4475224723A088C2A

He now claims he has been a leaking information for over 14 years (his account was created in 2000, and has been active). He says he is a game tester in Japan.

How does SmashGaf feel about this. The part about Gematsu being correct, except Lucina is in over Chrom has a lot of peoples attention atm. Sorry if this has been brought up already.
Sounds really fake to me.

Interesting if true.

Kriken

I'm not inclined to believe any 'leaks' involving Smash Bros for a while. I have the patience to wait 8 more weeks to get full details

zroid

Banned

interesting I guess. not really enough there to make any judgments, but we'll find out soon enough.

Mariolee

Hmm, I don't trust Gamefaqs for shit but we'll see if any of his other predictions pan out.

Hmm, I don't trust Gamefaqs for shit but we'll see if any of his other predictions pan out.

People have speculated that by 'Chorus Kids' the Gematsu leak meant 'Marshall' since it was first brought up. Miss Ribbon as an alternate would lend it more credence, in my opinion. Seems he's also implying you can play as bosses in a 5 player mode? That'd be ... interesting.

Mistle

Marshal makes a lot of sense. I'd be happy with that. Who knows, they could know something!

That boss mode sounds really fun, and could explain why Ridley was only teased

People have speculated that by 'Chorus Kids' the Gematsu leak meant 'Marshall' since it was first brought up. Miss Ribbon as an alternate would lend it more credence, in my opinion. Seems he's also implying you can play as bosses in a 5 player mode? That'd be ... interesting.

How does adding Miss Ribbon as an alternate lend more credence?

Neiteio

Maybe it's just me, then, but she looks like a mannequin to me in the Wii U shot. A couple other people have said the same thing. But if she looks fine to you, that's good; I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough.
Oh, I see where you're coming from with her looking a bit mannequin-esque -- her and Palutena (and I'd say the rest of the females, for that matter) all look a bit "waxen." I just don't think there's much improvement in the 3DS version.

On a side note, I did a Google Image search for Marshal from Rhythm Heaven. A filtered Googe Image search. And I still saw Rule 34. Of Marshal.

GamerSoul

EDIT: apologies in advance if I go over any ground covered in the thread. I normally never post without reading the entire thing but I'm desperate to get some sleeps but wanted to get this up before i hit the hay XD

Heya folks,

After combing over the video and Gamexplain's analysis I'm fairly confident I've pinned down the rough jist of how the book and sword system works for Robin :D

I'd post pics and stuff to show how I came up with my theory, but I need to get to bed so I'll keep this short...

Basically Robin has two states: Tome state and Sword state.
In Tome state you are armed with the less ornate looking bronze sword. You can only cast magic while in this state. If you have a comb through the video you'll quickly see that Robin never casts magic while wielding the Levin sword, which is the fancier looking sword.

I was unable to see any kind of indicator of how many tomes you have on the character model, but there was no UI shown so I'm going to assume that like little mac this character will have something on there status UI to indicate how much magical power/tomes they have left.

When this power is exhausted, Robin switches to the Levin sword: It's important to note that aside from during the tome toss animation (which may even be part of a taunt rather than an indicator that you're out of magic), you never see Robin without a book, so the only consistent indicator of whether you can cast or not on the model itself appears to be which sword type is wielded.
While using the Levin sword, your melee attacks are considerably harder hitting and a bit slower.

Now, the only thing I've not worked out is what causes you to switch back to the 'tome stance' aka the bronze sword. Does the Levin sword wear out as gamexplain theorise? Is it a case of automatically switching between magic and sword as each is run down but replenishes the other? It seems the simpler solution.
Two other options are that your magic replenishes over time or that each hit with the Levin sword replenishes your magic/tomes a certain amount and you can switch back and forth between the two states at will.

Some might wonder about the book's colour but as Gamexplain notes, it seems to just change based on what spell you cast rather than actually being a restriction on which spells you can throw out (you can see this in action at the end of the normal video when Female robin attacks with fire, dodge-rolls and then immediately casts lightning without apparently doing any other actions and the book changes colour with the spells.)

Anyhoo, that's my observations. Lemme know what you think and add your own observations :3

Interesting. I always thought having a "stance" character would be great but with the Tomes added to the mix it sounds awesome. I like the idea of the Levine sword helping replenish Robin's magic also. I wonder if you could charge the Tomes to unleash the stronger versions of the spell.

Maybe it's just me, then, but she looks like a mannequin to me in the Wii U shot. A couple other people have said the same thing. But if she looks fine to you, that's good; I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough.

I agree with you. I think the 3DS version looks a bit better because it's more saturate with color and a bit more stylized. The WiiU one could still be getting refined but it looks fine.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

Yeah, a ton of people I recall thinking some sort of "God Mode" with the Wii U Controller made sense...

Although most people were thinking it'd be limited to like controlling Master Hand and messing with the players.

I can't see Yellow Devil being a controllable boss though, since all he seems to do is that multiply thing.

RomanceDawn

This sounds legit to me. I even assumed a playable Boss Ridley could be in the works and man... Not like that Sakurai! Not like that!

Like every leak though I will just have to wait and see. Ugh I want to play as the real Ridley in regular battle!

Heres the one about Lucina getting in over Chrom, posted over a month ago.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69440637

Tons of people made posts like this though. I remember people were taking a random leak seriously for the longest time just because it had "Ashley is an AT" on it. There's no reason to believe it.

I posted a few days ago that I think the WiiU exclusive mode might be playable bosses. Do I become a leaker if it is?

Kriken

Also, the "Play as bosses" sounds like a Ridley fan's wet dream to compensate for him not being playable rather than a credible mode

How does adding Miss Ribbon as an alternate lend more credence?

Because I hadn't seen it widely speculated. It just makes it more likely that it's a real, in my opinion, but it wouldn't confirm it.

Yeah, a ton of people I recall thinking some sort of "God Mode" with the Wii U Controller made sense...

Although most people were thinking it'd be limited to like controlling Master Hand and messing with the players.

I can't see Yellow Devil being a controllable boss though, since all he seems to do is that multiply thing.

Yeah, I was thinking that it would be a strange mechanic with the Yellow Devil.

zroid

Banned
Tons of people made posts like this though. I remember people were taking a random leak seriously for the longest time just because it had "Ashley is an AT" on it. There's no reason to believe it.

well I agree, taking leaks seriously without a pile of evidence is never wise. at the same time I don't see why we should immediately dismiss every claimed leak off-hand. people get too emotional over this stuff; better to always have a metered approach.

Blizzard

Banned
I rather figured "playable boss Ridley" was what E3 was hinting at, and would be (one of?) the Wii U's unique mode, instead of Smash Run. The player with the gamepad could do the boss stuff, and other players could fight.

I'm not personally interested in that, and I'd rather have a Smash Run style singleplayer mode for Wii U, but I could imagine it being a thing.

Neiteio

I rather figured "playable boss Ridley" was what E3 was hinting at, and would be (one of?) the Wii U's unique mode, instead of Smash Run. The player with the gamepad could do the boss stuff, and other players could fight.

I'm not personally interested in that, and I'd rather have a Smash Run style singleplayer mode for Wii U, but I could imagine it being a thing.
Definitely plausible. A boss mode for the WiiU version where the boss player uses the GamePad makes a lot of sense... and explains why Ridley is being teased the way he is.

We'll have to wait and see. I'm open to the possibility the month-old GameFAQs rumor might be of substance.

well I agree, taking leaks seriously without a pile of evidence is never wise. at the same time I don't see why we should immediately dismiss every claimed leak off-hand. people get too emotional over this stuff; better to always have a metered approach.

The best way to go about it is to completely ignore it. Maybe if we got playable boss mode or Marshal we could start looking at it seriously (but most of us here called playable boss mode anyway), but for now, it's just a random poster on GameFAQs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom