• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DLC info makes a lot of sense really

- The files for those characters are probably partially completed on the cart and ESRB requires publishers to disclose all hidden content in the code, even if it isn't used, or will be used later.
- There are 5 slots on the CSS and it's set up in a weird way that seems to line up a bit better with the DLC characters.
- The original release date was "summer" and in the majority of the world the game won't be out in Summer and in Japan it'll only be summer for like a week and a half after the game comes out. It seems like it was probably delayed a few months.
- The characters "cut" for the DLC aren't really high profile characters, or they're complicated characters, or Snake, who is perfect for WiiU marketing.

I don't believe for a minute the guy on Smashboards is the leaker.

ffdgh

Triple_Bomb_Boo.png

Terrifyingly close, good eye

Nah someome said it earlier.

200px-BombBoo.png

With kirby's mouth and blue feet

To give you a visual idea.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Woah, I thought eatchildren gave up on us, never see you post in here anymore

I drift in and out of consciousness.

With all the other miracles sakurai and team have pulled with this game, I'd actually be surprised if they DIDNT figure out how to add ice climbers. I mean, the game runs at 60fps on 3DS, which is no small feat for a game with this much stuff going on. They're basically miracle workers.

I believe they're in the game, and I also believe there is a reason we haven't seen them yet, just like wario. Maybe they're in a newcomer trailer (like charizard or captain falcon). Maybe they're getting redesigned and he wants to show them off in a direct (like yoshi, ZSS, etc). Maybe they're DLC.

I'm not discounting them at all.

I'm not discounting them. They could be in. But ultimately miracles aren't real, even hardware ones, and the most impressive, optimised, balanced, magical engines still adhere to the logistics of hardware strengths and limitations in processing. No matter how smooth Smash runs on 3DS, or how pretty Naughty Dog's games are, they're the end result of hard work and intelligent programming that still have limitations. I'm not suggesting the 3DS does have an issue with Ice Climbers as we know them; I wouldn't have a clue. Just that if it is a massive technical hurdle then it is possible the hardware just isn't capable without massive overhauls to the core design.

End of the day the 3DS cannot enter the ball park of matching the Wii U, and so the latter will be shackled by the limitations of the former.

While I agree that games like Mario Kart and Smash would actually work better that way, since the core gameplay remains the same, and its the new stages and characters that make it interesting, I doubt this is something Nintendo would do cause a service like model doesn't quite work for consoles cause they eventually get outdated and replaced by a successor, unlike PC which one can upgrade.

A fair point. Tis a downside of consoles.

J@hranimo

Banned
There is a good reason though, they have a spotty record on what they verify and during Brawl some mods were calling legit leaks fake because it wasn't what they wanted to see

Oh no I actually agree. I used to browse on there during the Brawl days for advanced Olimar techniques. Regular discussion never looked inviting to me.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Or I could say there is a chance that I could be right about group theory. There is a huge group that would work together to trick Smash Community with fake roster, etc. I have seen this situation happened in the past for other games. It's not that hard to building up suspense of fake leaks.

Hey Heath, I saw you say this on Smashboard...

What games has this happened before? I can't recall any leak of this magnitude for any game. At the most I remember someone took a text rumor on GF and turned it into the Cactowl Scan.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I just posted my opinion there.

http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/page-70#post-17367403

To be honest, leakers shouldn't have share the pictures if they valued their jobs in first place. It's their faults for trusting wrong people. The leak situation itself is getting at the point where it is completely silly and messy. I would like to see leak being real but right now the situation is just strange enough to make me felt that I should stay neutral at this.

I'm going to be frank about this situation.

1. First Leaker leaked CSS Roster and DLC List, after he had a discussion with a moderator and certain people if I understand this right. He suddenly backtracked and claimed that he faked the list. I wonder if "someone" could pressured him to announced that it's fake (in order to save someone) or it's actually fake after all.

2. MasterXLink faking few pictures in order to save someone, If I recalled correctly? I found it really strange that he said that he worked on the picture(s) for 50 hours, and he just happened to have few pictures READY at precise timing right after the first two leaks happened. Coincidence? I don't know. I just found his comment fishy.

3. What really bothered me that moderators here kept telling people that the information could be wrong when they are actually wrong in the past with their previous supports. It really make it harder for some people to believe moderators' words now. I have heard many people have been using that excuses at multiple forums. How do we know that moderators are right about their source right now? I felt that moderators are overstepping their bound with leaks, and trying to control the leaks much as they can. Yeah, I think I'm going to say that there is a possible that they are trying to influence the rumors and leaks itself. From my experience, I don't even remember moderators overstep their boundary in any way other than delete the threads in the past or trying to pressure people to share their informations with the moderators.

It would leave me down with two things.

Again, this situation is completely mess. There are too many influences over the rumors. Maybe some people are trying to save someones' jobs so they are trying to backtracking with the information. It's just like Pokemon White/Black and Pokemon X/Y all over again.

Or I could say there is a chance that I could be right about group theory. There is a huge group that would work together to trick Smash Community with fake roster, etc. I have seen this situation happened in the past for other games. It's not that hard to building up suspense of fake leaks.

It don't meant that I'm right but I have spider sense that are tingling all over the place there.

Neoxon

The DLC info makes a lot of sense really

- The files for those characters are probably partially completed on the cart and ESRB requires publishers to disclose all hidden content in the code, even if it isn't used, or will be used later.
- There are 5 slots on the CSS and it's set up in a weird way that seems to line up a bit better with the DLC characters.
- The original release date was "summer" and in the majority of the world the game won't be out in Summer and in Japan it'll only be summer for like a week and a half after the game comes out. It seems like it was probably delayed a few months.
- The characters "cut" for the DLC aren't really high profile characters, or they're complicated characters, or Snake, who is perfect for WiiU marketing.

I don't believe for a minute the guy on Smashboards is the leaker.
To add to this, here's a modified version of the leaked CSS picture that YouTuber Relax Alex whipped up.

Screen_Shot_2014_08_23_at_12_45_43_AM.jpg

To add to this, here's a modified version of the leaked CSS picture that YouTuber Relax Alex whipped up.

Screen_Shot_2014_08_23_at_12_45_43_AM.jpg

Yeah, space for 5 characters (6 if you get rid of random), looks pretty reasonable that we could get some DLC.

But then again in past Smash games there's been empty space that didn't get filled so who knows!

Neoxon

Hey guys, been driving to San Francisco all day. Have I missed anything big or leak-related?! I'm guessing not, but just in case...
Some mod on SmashBoards claims that MOTHERFUCKING LEAKER came forward as another account saying that the DLC part of the leak was a fake meant to lure out frauds.

We don't know if the user in question is in fact the original Mofo Leaker, as the SmashBoards mods have been mistaken before, but it's something to consider.

Hey guys, been driving to San Francisco all day. Have I missed anything big or leak-related?! I'm guessing not, but just in case...

Aaaaaabsolutely nothing. Smashboards drama that basically is meaningless for the leak itself(the images) but further discredits the text-based DLC stuff. The only new information is the new Kirby costume that looks like an unmasked Metaknight, which is pretty cool.

Neoxon

Yeah, space for 5 characters (6 if you get rid of random), looks pretty reasonable that we could get some DLC.

But then again in past Smash games there's been empty space that didn't get filled so who knows!
I know I may be overthinking this, but usually only one row has a fewer number of spaces filled, not two. Unless Sakurai wanted to have a better-looking pyramid effect for the CSS, the screen itself does kinda support the DLC half of the leak.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Spider sense that all of this is just a massive fake made by tons of people?

It would be kind of cool tbh haha, it's a very impressive fake/leak after all.

I'm trying to be silly but oh well. :D

Some mod on SmashBoards claims that MOTHERFUCKING LEAKER came forward as another account saying that the DLC part of the leak was a fake meant to lure out frauds.

We don't know if the user in question is in fact the original Mofo Leaker, as the SmashBoards mods have been mistaken before, but it's something to consider.

I don't see how would DLC List Leak luring the frauds since it's just silly excuse.

For some strange reason, I don't really believe everything what they said. If you followed the leak from the beginning, there are many things that don't really make sense.

I'm not saying that you should believe in DLC list or the leak/rumors itself since there is chance that it could be hoaxes.

The DLC list is not worth considering or looking into until there's solid evidence proving that the leak is real.

Until then, it's just some words some guy typed that are meaningless without the context of coming from a legitimate source.

Neoxon

The DLC list is not worth considering or looking into until there's solid evidence proving that the leak is real.

Until then, it's just some words some guy typed that are meaningless without the context of coming from a legitimate source.
Same source, it's worth looking into. Albeit not as much as the pictures, but it shouldn't be completely discarded. Of course, we don't know if either one of the leaks are legit, yet.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I drift in and out of consciousness.

I'm not discounting them. They could be in. But ultimately miracles aren't real, even hardware ones, and the most impressive, optimised, balanced, magical engines still adhere to the logistics of hardware strengths and limitations in processing. No matter how smooth Smash runs on 3DS, or how pretty Naughty Dog's games are, they're the end result of hard work and intelligent programming that still have limitations. I'm not suggesting the 3DS does have an issue with Ice Climbers as we know them; I wouldn't have a clue. Just that if it is a massive technical hurdle then it is possible the hardware just isn't capable without massive overhauls to the core design.

End of the day the 3DS cannot enter the ball park of matching the Wii U, and so the latter will be shackled by the limitations of the former.

A fair point. Tis a downside of consoles.

Then explain rouge squadron/rebel strike tough guy, huh, HUH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom