• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably wouldn't matter.

If real, Sakurai would just change the character art, atleast on the website if its too late to do ingame. (But please no, all the art looks perfect.)

No, he probably wouldn't.

Stuff like Amiibo designs are probably locked and those are based on the renders.

Edit: Plus obviously someone would just check the game when it comes out.

Forkball

Smash GAF vs. Smashboards tournament for the one true Smash community.

It's impressive that Sakurai managed to post THREE PotDs that completely dodged the leak. He can't keep it up forever though, and a Direct is almost certain. We will know the truth soon enough. Just think, in three weeks will will have 100% proof of the roster and many other things.

Some mod on SmashBoards claims that MOTHERFUCKING LEAKER came forward as another account saying that the DLC part of the leak was a fake meant to lure out frauds.

We don't know if the user in question is in fact the original Mofo Leaker, as the SmashBoards mods have been mistaken before, but it's something to consider.

Well damn, that's not good. :( Not that Smashboards is trustworthy in the least, but IF that's true and the leak is also real, then... goodbye Chorus Kids, Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Wolf. Gah, that's not something I want to see happen.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Quas-Quas finally released wallpaper version of his work!

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/234/e/e/wallpaper_by_quas_quas-d7w7gbe.png

wallpaper_by_quas_quas-d7w7gbe.png

No, he probably wouldn't.

Stuff like Amiibo designs are probably locked and those are based on the renders.

Edit: Plus obviously someone would just check the game when it comes out.

Ummm, *clearly* you don't realize how much of a troll Sakurai is to this fandom. I mean, he made us believe that Zero Suit Samus was cut for like a whole two seconds. Sakurai is not bound by Nintendo corporate's pushing of some toy line; no, Sakurai aims for the stars.

backlot

Some mod on SmashBoards claims that MOTHERFUCKING LEAKER came forward as another account saying that the DLC part of the leak was a fake meant to lure out frauds.

We don't know if the user in question is in fact the original Mofo Leaker, as the SmashBoards mods have been mistaken before, but it's something to consider.

Considering a few recent Smashboards posts it seems pretty clear that the leaker is claiming to have faked the DLC.

I don't know if you can see these without an account but Vaanrose claims he asked the leaker to verify that he was Smashboards user Anon1776.
http://smashboards.com/threads/gene...scussion-thread.354188/page-466#post-17363798
If you can't see it he posts a link to this post in the archives:
https://archive.moe/v/thread/258782560/#258807689

Seems pretty legit.

Later, Anon1776 posted this: http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/page-69#post-17366974

I believe this post should be public, but he outright admits he lied about the DLC. Seems like it has been disproved unless Anon1776 is lying about lying.

Pikma

Banned

Why do people always like to turn everything into fucking soap operas?

Neoxon

Considering a few recent Smashboards posts it seems pretty clear that the leaker is claiming to have faked the DLC.

I don't know if you can see these without an account but Vaanrose claims he asked the leaker to verify that he was Smashboards user Anon1776.
http://smashboards.com/threads/gene...scussion-thread.354188/page-466#post-17363798
If you can't see it he posts a link to this post in the archives:
https://archive.moe/v/thread/258782560/#258807689

Seems pretty legit.

Later, Anon1776 posted this: http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/page-69#post-17366974

I believe this post should be public, but he outright admits he lied about the DLC. Seems like it has been disproved unless Anon1776 is lying about lying.
I can't see one of the posts, but I get the general idea.

Forkball

Pfft, it doesn't even have Duck Hunt.

Let's look back on previous Smash leaks on our very own Neogaf.

So this basically confirms no Mewtwo? Lucario and Sakurai can so go fuck themselves.

Putting ROB in the game over King K. Rool, Little Mac, etc. is incredibly lame if true.

ALSO keep in mind that we're probably looking at NO CLONES this time!

rjinaz

maaaaaan that "oh I faked the DLC" thing sounds really douchey

I'd like to know why the people that have access to the real info like the images (Assuming they are real) keep passing it along to jerks that lie and make stuff up? This whole "trying to smoke out copy cats" is clearly an excuse and an attempt to act shitty and get away with it.

Plot twist: the entire leak is fake.

I don't know what to believe anymore. It's gotten to the point where I'm feeling stressed out over a video game. Help me.

It would be nice if it was fake, I miss feeling like anything could be revealed and the world was still magical.

I'd miss Duck Hunt Dog though. He looks so fun and happy.

J@hranimo

Banned
Plot twist: the entire leak is fake.

I don't know what to believe anymore. It's gotten to the point where I'm feeling stressed out over a video game. Help me.

Yeah that's why it has been best to not put too much though into it, and just ride the wave maaaaaaaaaan.

3 weeks out anyway!

Duck Hunt Dog would be cool though. Sounds like the ROB-like character Sakurai would conjure up in his maniacally brilliant mind lol.

I've never played a Smash Bros. game before.

What is this series like for someone who has only ever played fighting games casually, the rare times he has played them?

Do I have to be a fan of fighting games to enjoy this series? To be perfectly frank, I find the FGC to be way too hardcore for my liking. I just wonder how Smash factors into that.

I have a 3DS XL and I was considering a purchase. Not sure if this should be a reason to dust off old Red or not.

Jintor

What is this series like for someone who has only ever played fighting games casually, the rare times he has played them?

Do I have to be a fan of fighting games to enjoy this series? To be perfectly frank, I find the FGC to be way too hardcore for my liking. I just wonder how Smash factors into that.

I have a 3DS XL and I was considering a purchase. Not sure if this should be a reason to dust off old Red or not.

Smash is probably the most accessible of fighting games ever made probs. Most of us here aren't even hardcore fcg anyway

ffdgh

For a game like Smash where you become emotionally invested in the characters, that's easier said than done. Nothing in life bothers me more than uncertainty. :/

Really tho don't stress out over something that's not even confirmed from an rather dubious "leaker". It's best to wait until Sep 13th or a direct if sakurai is feeling generous.

Smash games are far more accessible than other fighting games.

I'd like to know why the people that have access to the real info like the images (Assuming they are real) keep passing it along to jerks that lie and make stuff up? This whole "trying to smoke out copy cats" is clearly an excuse and an attempt to act shitty and get away with it.

yeah I know right

let's give lucas/ice climbers/wolf fans along those who want metal gear/rhythm heaven content in the game false hope just to expose those dirty no-good fakers for maybe three weeks

great idea

I mean, granted, it's Smashboards, but still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom