• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, well SuperSah can still pull out if he wants. I won't think ill of him; in fact the opposite for coming to his senses.
Haha please keep doing stuff like this. I love how you're shaming all of the "I'm 100% positive the leak is false" people. Sahs definitely gonna back out sooner or later.

Wait, Sah doesn't actually honor avatar bets? That's lame.

I don't even know what team I'm on anymore.

On the one hand, the leaks have taken too many chances with unique assets when unique assets weren't needed for it to be fake as well as the famitsu thing.

On the other hand, I think there's no way the final roster will be that good given the other newcomers we've had.

i feel pretty much the same.
they went all out and showed stuff they didn't need to in spectacular quality and nobody could prove them wrong on anything major. They didn't mess up stages, they didn't mess up major details that instantly prove it wrong.

if someone really faked it, they deserve having a few days of giggling and making fun of us after.

::

I don't get the "too much Mario" complaint, those guys are way too cool/important to not include in the game, if anything they should get more.

So I bought one of those sexy white GCN controllers a little while back, and it arrived this week!

Feels nice, considering all my Cube stuff is preowned and I've never had a brand new controller.

Also, the longer cable is awesome, don't even have to pull the Gamecube out onto my bed anymore.

TYvA8PM.png

Zalman

So I bought one of those sexy white GCN controllers a little while back, and it arrived this week!

Feels nice, considering all my Cube stuff is preowned and I've never had a brand new controller.

Also, the longer cable is awesome, don't even have to pull the Gamecube out onto my bed anymore.
Man I can't wait to buy brand new GC controllers. Haven't tried one right out of the box in more than 10 years.

Durden77

Is that cable a part of the controller's design? If so I'd really like to grab on. I have two GCN controllers but could use a new one.

Holy shit, if Paper Mario was to look like this in the game, damn.

294px-MarioPMSS.png

That looks hot.

It always bothered me that Paper Mario was simply Pixel Thin Mario, and his games didn't even carry the style of paper or crafts or anything.

Meanwhile,around the same time as Thousand Year Door, a Winnie the Pooh game came out that had a really cool 'paper/cardboard' looking level that took the concept so much further than Nintendo bothered to.

Paper Mario needs to look toward Little Big Planet for inspiration.

Eew oh god no

Huh? Why's that?

I'm not saying it needs to play like Little Big Planet, but LBP may be the most crafty, papery, textured, feels like real materials, game, I've ever played.

I don't have a Vita, but Tearaway looks ridiculously cool too. Nintendo doesn't have the balls to go all out like this.

To be fair, I'm talking pre-Sticker Star. Haven't touched Sticker Star.

So let's humor that the dlc isn't true

That leaves 5 slots on huge CSS. Would that mean those 5 characters are on the roster and just weren't unlocked yet? For some reason they would make ice climbers unlockable with very time consuming tasks to complete to unlock? Or are those 5 cut, making smash 4 the most cuts of unique fighters the series has ever had? That doesn't seem right either.

The leak only really starts making sense if you accept the DLC as real.

Makai

This. I want to see that he's been buffed from Brawl. If they can't make him like his Melee self, at least make him like his 64 self.
As a given, his Knee needs a much bigger sweetspot and more power. And his moves need to send people at upward angles for comboability.

Caladrius

It'd be hilarious if the characters revealed pre-release were the only ones in the game.

The sheer despair in the Smash fandom would be palpable.

It'd be hilarious if the characters revealed pre-release were the only ones in the game.

"Pic of the day: Here's Wario! Well, we've finally made it, I've shown off every playable character in the game. I hope you'll enjoy playing as them when the game releases!"

Kyzon

The lag! You need a crt stat!

Given the recent spolery Nintendo I think that we are going to see every character in the game days before release. On the other hand, Sakurai likes to do things his own way so who knows. I don't think that there are going to be many secret characters anyway, the roster is pretty large.

Berordn

Given the recent spolery Nintendo I think that we are going to see every character in the game days before release. On the other hand, Sakurai likes to do things his own way so who knows. I don't think that there are going to be many secret characters anyway, the roster is pretty large.

Just as long as there's no character unlocked by "beating Classic with the starting roster," I'd be okay with that.

Because otherwise? Yikes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Interesting thing to note. While I know many, even those on #TeamReal, think the DLC list is totally fake, they make the mistake of calling the Chorus Kids by their Japanese name of Chorus Men. As we know the leaked screens are clearly from a English language version so it's odd that a Japanese name would creep in if the leaker had a final list.

As we know Chorus Men has been the common name used during discussion because of the original leak and as we also know apparently many are not familiar with the Rhythm Tengoku series so they are not aware they have a slightly different name in English.

So consider this a bit of further evidence that the DLC list is fake.

Golnei

Just as long as there's no character unlocked by "beating Classic with the starting roster," I'd be okay with that.

In general, I hope there aren't too many "beat (x) mode on all intensity settings with all characters" challenges. With the larger roster and changes to the difficulty system, it'd get really tedious.

"How to unlock Snake in Smash 4: play this remake of Subspace Emissary with even worse level design using every character. With the Wiimote!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom