• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSah

Banned
This may be old, but apparently the DHG render was took from this:

LFXxnaT.jpg

Also, here, it appears that Charizard is missing out a large chunk of his wing:

That's not how things of this nature works. It's just there until proven real, OR fake. Not just automatically legit until proven wrong.

The "leakers" chose the right time to leak it. Most of the characters are known, and more than likely we won't see anything to prove either way until the games release.

Relax. You act as if you leaked it yourself, the way you're defending it.
Yeah, we really need to move away from the "It's 100% real/fake" posts. Right now, there's just no way to call either. For every Tomodachi Life or accurate Samus render, there's a clone corner or lack of a WiiFit stage. Until we see the next veteran or a deconfirm of Duck Hunt or something, all we can do is wait.

Wasn't that made from the Duck Hunt render?
Yup! It was one of those things where someone tries to retroactively "prove" something fake.

But where are we supposed to battle Wii Fit Trainer in Classic Mode? I'm currently trying to find the screenshot that shows the WFT icon on the map with branching paths.
In Brawl, R.O.B. had no stage that belonged to his "franchise" but he still had a dedicated home stage in single player--Mario Bros.

If this leak is legit, my guess on home stages for characters that lack a proper one:

Wii Fit Trainer: Tomodachi Life
R.O.B.: Pictochat or Balloon Fight
Duck Hunt: Balloon Fight or Living Room

The other franchises are all accounted for.

Miis probably won't appear as normal single player opponents as we know they are the Multi-Man opponents, though Find Mii would work for them in that situation.

CKzpCxk.png

One thing bothered me about that duck is that we got a duck with blue, purple and white feathers. Classic Duck would have Black, Green and White. since they are more recognized than other colors. I know that there is a possibly that Classic Duck could be alt color, but it's just strange that they would go with other colors for original color.
Mmh... I'm still convinced it's fake, but the blue/purple one could be the alt:

On a different note, what happened to the bottom bar?

I know this would likely constitute a formal logical fallacy, but I think the fact that it hasn't been disproven yet despite its detail is evidence of its veracity. Even in professional-looking hoaxes, fatal discrepencies are found. The "deconfirmations" of this leak aren't very convincing.

God is real because his existence hasn't been disproved. Unfortunately, that's not how things work.

There is no 3DS version of Wii Fit. Wii Fit is not for the 3DS. There is no 3DSFit. Hence no Wii Fit stage on the 3DS.

I don't think there's a hard-and-fast rule that the 3DS version can only draw from handheld games (hence the TTYD transformation in the Paper Mario stage,) just that it mostly draws from handhelds. If there's no handheld game for a franchise, I imagine they'll just pull from that franchise's console appearances. It seems silly to not give a franchise a stage just because it has no history on handhelds.

LFXxnaT.jpg

Or it could be that someone cropped out the leak's Duck Hunt image and filtered it. Apparently this render did not exist before.

But where are we supposed to battle Wii Fit Trainer in Classic Mode? I'm currently trying to find the screenshot that shows the WFT icon on the map with branching paths.

It's in Famitsu from August 6th. Obviously can't post because scans, but it's there.

It specifically says that choosing your route is choosing which "stage" you go to rather than who you fight, but, as has already been stated, it's technically possible that they could give Wii Fit Trainer a stage from another "casual" series.

Though it still would seem odd to not port over a stage they had already made like they did with Punch-Out but whatever we'll see if this is real soon

It's not fake just because it challenges conventions. Melee already came out so you know its character select screen is real and it's easier for you to defend what would otherwise seem like a nonsensical design decision.

But it doesn't seem like a nonsensical design decision, it makes perfect sense lol.
So far, every Smash Bros. roster was super particular and specific about the way characters are sorted.

While I don't think that it's impossible for the selection screen looking like in that leak, and I'm not saying that it's a compelling argument to say it's fake, I don't believe that Sakurai would change his very particular way of sorting characters.

LFXxnaT.jpg

The Duck Hunt thing is very old--that picture you posted seems to be a recreation of the render in the leak, not the other way around, as no one can find a source to it at all.

And Charizard's wing isn't missing a chunk, it's just bent and angled to the camera that makes it sort of appear to be missing a part.

So if Bowser Jr gets Koopaling alt costumes, how's the trophy situation going to work? One huge trophy with all of them on it? One trophy for each costume, requiring Classic mode/All Star to be beaten with every single costume? (Holy single player padding, batman!)

I'm leaning towards one huge trophy.

I know this would likely constitute a formal logical fallacy, but I think the fact that it hasn't been disproven yet despite its detail is evidence of its veracity. Even in professional-looking hoaxes, fatal discrepencies are found. The "deconfirmations" of this leak aren't very convincing.

As a point of logic, sure, that's bogus, but in this case I think it's a reasonable line to take. At this point, there's no way for us to 100% confirm or deconfirm the leak, which means that when we're trying to determine whether it's real or fake, the best we can do is judge whether it is seem more likely to be real or fake. So the fact that this leak has yet to be debunked when so many others are pretty well dismissed as soon as they appear is a point in its favor, even if it doesn't actually prove it true or not.

So if Bowser Jr gets Koopaling alt costumes, how's the trophy situation going to work? One huge trophy with all of them on it? One trophy for each costume, requiring Classic mode/All Star to be beaten with every single costume? (Holy single player padding, batman!)

Well, Overalls/Wario Land Wario didn't get a trophy in Brawl, for what it's worth

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
These are all points that bother me with the Duck Hunt render. The character looks a bit too simple and for a track record of having gotten most details on characters down to a pat (or in cases like Pit, upgrading them to a modern standard), Duck Hunt looks really off. The dog was always a bit more of an imposing hunting dog, and those ears look off. He looks a lot more like Pluto. They didn't even get the freckles down.

It's nothing that discredits the leak, mind. But it looks really cheap.

There is freckles, but very lightly speckles tho. Think about it, if it was faker, I'm pretty sure that they would trying too hard to accurately match to original source. *shrugs* It's hard to disprove this leak.

Heath, the pink duck appears very early on in Duck Hunt (the first wave?) so it's not unusual. Plus, I think the color helps differentiate as a video game character and not just some duck. I will agree they look clay-like, but I can't imagine that's not on purpose. Ness sort of has that going on too.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I just found it strange because almost everything you see on the internet is that you would see green headed mallard. I guess they could went with clayish appearance to make Duck and Dogs more cartoony so it wouldn't look too realistic for people to complains about or presenting any legal problems. Good point on Ness' clayish appearance, but it's not that obvious as it was for Duck Hunt Model.

Well looking at the video of Duck Hunt, purple head ducks are the first you see, but the ducks the dog holds up are always green headed. But other than that they seem to have equal priority. It's only looking at them from other games that one can say green ones are the main ones.

So really it could go either way.
Leak is fake = faker based it on what they assumed to be default (first duck you see)
Leak is real = it's true to the original and the first costume (default) should be based on the first duck.

Yeah, I'm aware with that but just that you know what you see on the internet. YOU would SEE green-headed mallard, so I'm curious if they would go with that or other colors. Yeah, fake is just tougher to disprove than what it used to be during Brawl.

I'm not sure. We can't even see the full Duck Hunt render, so for all we know there could be a black and green duck sitting down by the dog's feet or something. I don't think the color of the duck sways the leak either way.

Perhaps, it's quite possible.

The original Duck Hunt ducks were somewhat realistic, but the dog is a blatant cartoon character, especially when put next to a Nintendog.

Yeah, once Sakurai pointed out that Nintendog and Vilalger wouldn't be playable characters so I had a suspect that he really want to make Nintendog a playable character but it was dropped. Once Smash Bros 4 trailer came out, I noticed that Villager is now playable character so I was hoping that Sakurai might notice there is other dog characters in Nintendo franchise where he would transfer the concepts from NintenDog to other dog character.

LFXxnaT.jpg

Wasn't that made from the Duck Hunt render?

Or it could be that someone cropped out the leak's Duck Hunt image and filtered it. Apparently this render did not exist before.

The Duck Hunt thing is very old--that picture you posted seems to be a recreation of the render in the leak, not the other way around, as no one can find a source to it at all.

And Charizard's wing isn't missing a chunk, it's just bent and angled to the camera that makes it sort of appear to be missing a part.

Yep. /v/ was claiming that it was found on deviantArt, but no one could find the source.

Besides, that's missing the definition on the paw that appears on the character select screen.

Jaeger

Again, one of the damning things that bothers me is how and what we got. Classic super close/cropped images in the darkest of rooms possible, and absolutely zero video.

Still missing the other player status and status bar but I guess you could always say they cut off the bottom, leaving a thin colored line.

Mmh... I'm still convinced it's fake, but the blue/purple one could be the alt:

On a different note, what happened to the bottom bar?

Very interesting.

The alts could just be normal trophies, like I think things like the other Villagers and Sweatshirt Mac will be. Robin will probably have both though.

Molemitts

What's the point of having Doctor Mario as a separate character? Really, that's kinda dumb. Should just be an alternate costume.

Edit: Didn't realize he played differently in Melee. Still, would rather see time put into a different character but not like I get to make that choice anyway. Plus he's Mario so if Nintendo were gonna clone any character, why not their mascot? Maybe being able to pick a different moveset for Mario, whilst still having Doctor Mario as an alternate costume would be a good idea.

Jaeger

Yeah, we really need to move away from the "It's 100% real/fake" posts. Right now, there's just no way to call either. For every Tomodachi Life or accurate Samus render, there's a clone corner or lack of a WiiFit stage. Until we see the next veteran or a deconfirm of Duck Hunt or something, all we can do is wait.

Yup! It was one of those things where someone tries to retroactively "prove" something fake.

I actually agree with you here. That has to be a first.

In Brawl, R.O.B. had no stage that belonged to his "franchise" but he still had a dedicated home stage in single player--Mario Bros.

If this leak is legit, my guess on home stages for characters that lack a proper one:

Wii Fit Trainer: Tomodachi Life
R.O.B.: Pictochat or Balloon Fight
Duck Hunt: Balloon Fight or Living Room

The other franchises are all accounted for.

Miis probably won't appear as normal single player opponents as we know they are the Multi-Man opponents, though Find Mii would work for them in that situation.
R.O.B. is an accessory, and he was probably added late into development. The only reason he was battled on the Mario Bros. stage is because it had the Gyromite theme as one of the My Music options. Do you really think they're going to put Wii Fit music in the Tomodachi Life stage when they could have simply recycled the Fitness Room stage like they have done for Wily's Castle? Tomodachi Life is a 3DS exclusive that has absolutely nothing to do with fitness. I don't know why they'd even bother putting her in Classic Mode if she's not going to be battled on her home turf. Speaking of which, I fully expect to see a Gyromite or Stack-up stage in the Wii U version.

What's the point of having Doctor Mario as a separate character? Really, that's kinda dumb. Should just be an alternate costume.
Roster padding + providing a different playstyle Mario. (A riskier but stronger character if he's anything like Melee) Also possibly getting a Mario with the old down+b.

Berordn

Pretty classy how most of them implied that people who said the leak is fake are people who weren't happy with the roster it'd give us.

Yeah, that line of reasoning is getting old. I've always been a fan of the idea of the Duck Hunt Dog being playable, no matter how far fetched it seemed at the time. I was also totally okay with the idea of Jr. being playable, since I feel like he's earned his spot (especially if he's centered around using all his tools and gadgets). They'd have never been my top picks, but neither was He Fit Trainer and, well, yeah.

But I've got way too many reservations about how this supposedly came out (if it was shown behind closed doors to a bunch of ESRB people, it wouldn't be very hard to track them down, would it?), a bunch of weird inconsistencies here and there, the layout of the character select screen, the fact that it's just based on an earlier Smashboards leak... On top of my natural skepticism, it's too much for me to devote myself to either side seriously.

So yeah, everything's fake until proven real undeniably 100%. Personal policy.

I think these past few pages of leak discussion are actually the best it's been, btw. Nobody's really trying to pass things off as decisive evidence or acting like there's one obvious truth, and we're just sorta... talking. It's nice.

This, so much. Hopefully Sakurai resolves this soon.

Yep. /v/ was claiming that it was found on deviantArt, but no one could find the source.

Besides, that's missing the definition on the paw that appears on the character select screen.

I really hope that image is indeed someone re-creating/adding to the render on DeviantArt, because the ears look absolutely fucking stupid.

Hatchtag

Banned

Probably one being just Bowser Jr., the other being a group, and individual trophies for the other Koopalings that have their own unlock conditions.

R.O.B. is an accessory, and he was probably added late into development. The only reason he was battled on the Mario Bros. stage is because it had the Gyromite theme as one of the My Music options. Do you really think they're going to put Wii Fit music in the Tomodachi Life stage when they could have simply recycled the Fitness Room stage like they have done for Wily's Castle? Tomodachi Life is a 3DS exclusive that has absolutely nothing to do with fitness. I don't know why they'd even bother putting her in Classic Mode if she's not going to be battled on her home turf. Speaking of which, I fully expect to see a Gyromite or Stack-up stage in the Wii U version.

1) There's no reason to believe R.O.B. was added late into development. Hell, he's so central to the SSE storyline that he was almost certainly not added late into development.
2) They could easily put Wii Fit music on the Tomodachi Life or Nintendogs stage, just like they put Fire Emblem music on Temple and Gyromite music on Mario Bros. Plus, the reason R.O.B. was on the Mario Bros. stage probably had more to do with it being an NES game, thus at least somewhat fitting R.O.B. Likewise, Tomodachi Life or Nintendogs being more casual games would at least somewhat fit WFT.
3) They put every character in classic mode. It's meant to be a mode where you just battle other characters in a sort of ladder. It'd be weird to not have one of them be in it.

SmithnCo

I really hope that image is indeed someone re-creating/adding to the render on DeviantArt, because the ears look absolutely fucking stupid.

It is, it's also missing the freckles. Someone just went in PS and tried to edit out the lines, while poorly trying to add to the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom