• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well hey, Monday is deconfirmation day so we'll see
Linebeck as an assist trophy who goes around shaking everyone by the collar,
which will definitely tell us what we need to know.

Guys, I think I figured it out

QHKl1pb.png

R.O.B. is an accessory, and he was probably added late into development. The only reason he was battled on the Mario Bros. stage is because it had the Gyromite theme as one of the My Music options. Do you really think they're going to put Wii Fit music in the Tomodachi Life stage when they could have simply recycled the Fitness Room stage like they have done for Wily's Castle? Tomodachi Life is a 3DS exclusive that has absolutely nothing to do with fitness. I don't know why they'd even bother putting her in Classic Mode if she's not going to be battled on her home turf. Speaking of which, I fully expect to see a Gyromite or Stack-up stage in the Wii U version.
R.O.B. was one of (if not the) the central characters of the Subspace Emissary, no way was he a late addition. We don't know why he lacks a stage, so let's not make up reasons.

And I'm not entirely certain it is required for matching music to appear on a character's home stage, but even if it is, I don't see what's so crazy about having a Wii Fit song as the alternate track to Tomodachi Life--I have a hard time seeing them add two separate songs from Tomodachi Life.

As for why the Wii Fit Studio isn't just in the 3DS version, who knows? That's certainly not the strangest aspect of the stage leak. Perhaps Sakurai just didn't consider it a priority. Just because something seems absurd to you doesn't necessarily mean it's fake. I mean, I still consider the lack of a Fire Emblem stage in Melee to be weird, but it's still the truth.

SuperSah

Banned
I think these past few pages of leak discussion are actually the best it's been, btw. Nobody's really trying to pass things off as decisive evidence or acting like there's one obvious truth, and we're just sorta... talking. It's nice.

You just jinxed it.

itz fuken f@k3 u nobz /jk

Guys, I think I figured it out

QHKl1pb.png

Finally. The mystery is solved.

Leak deconfirmed.

I'm half-expecting Sakurai to reveal a stage tomorrow to disconfirm this. :p

Well, this would kinda make up for the wrong Hyrule Warriors did by not making him playable.

Camjo-Z

My point is that I don't think it was ever posted on deviantArt. That "original" was clearly just something some 4channer whipped up to "debunk" the leak.

Even if it was posted on DeviantArt before, it still wouldn't make any sense. Why would the leaker make their own duck render but be too lazy to make their own art for the dog?

My point is that I don't think it was ever posted on deviantArt. That "original" was clearly just something some 4channer whipped up to "debunk" the leak.

It is, it's also missing the freckles. Someone just went in PS and tried to edit out the lines, while poorly trying to add to the image.

Considering the enormous loss of detail compared to the leak dog, I don't think you have to worry about this for a second.

Ok, gotcha. Thank you all for putting my silly worries about that specific picture to rest. :)
It's good to know that at least one picture involved in this shit-show has been 100% debunked.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still think that Ness shirt thing has a lot of standing because it is one of those really obscure details that only the hardcore Earthbound fan would pick up on and thus an area a faker could very easily trip up on.

Honestly if I was making a fake Ness render I'd never think about his shirt being slightly tucked in.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Duck Hunt Dog :(

*running away before someone shot him* *shot*

Hatchtag

Banned
Hey guys, any developments today? Been out all day, need a summary for the last ~30 pages or so.

I wouldn't mind a summary of what's happened since Fridayish.
However, if my understanding is correct, it's basically Smashboards mods and users claim they've faked leaks/faked this leak, but offer little to no proof of doing so.

i would love to dump the brawl character select screen in to 2007 and have people come up with all sort of things to prove that it's obviously fake.

SuperSah

Banned
Still think that Ness shirt thing has a lot of standing because it is one of those really obscure details that only the hardcore Earthbound fan would pick up on and thus an area a faker could very easily trip up on.

Honestly if I was making a fake Ness render I'd never think about his shirt being slightly tucked in.

This, right?

Makai

i would love to dump the brawl character select screen in to 2007 and have people come up with all sort of things to prove that it's obviously fake.
The whole roster was leaked on Smash Boards in text form. The leaker was more or less laughed out of the forum and a mod vandalized the OP to mock the leaker further.

Hey guys, any developments today? Been out all day, need a summary for the last ~30 pages or so.
We've mostly been talking about inconsistencies/confusing things about the stage selection. Ryce also pointed out that there are two different Samus renders on the website, one correct and one stretched, and the leak used the lesser-known correct one.

Molemitts

May have been mentioned already but Duck Hunt Dog and Bird reminds me of Banjo-Kazooie. Which makes me sad because of what could have been.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We learnt an important lesson that there can never be too many Marios in Smash.

Duck Hunt Dog :(

*running away before someone shot him* *shot*
Well I did come up with one way he could work as one.

Anyway Duckhunt Dog as an assist could be interesting. Basically, a bush can grow at the back which is jumps behind and then it summons ducks that bounce/fly around the screen which get shot randomly. If a duck is near you while shot you get hit. It could also do the black with white square overlay to reflect how a light gun game works to obscure the screen briefly. However sometimes the "shooter" will have a bad aim and will shoot in places where the ducks are not so you could get hit even if you're not near a duck. During these instances the "shooter" misses and the dog will of course pop back up and laugh.

It seems that a lot of people are surprised that the 3DS stage selection is so limited in the leak:

yb78gun__large.jpg

I actually think it makes perfect sense, especially if we look back at what Sakurai originally said about the 3DS version, that it was supposed to focus on an INDIVIDUALIZED experience. This is why Smash Run is being advertised as the big feature of the 3DS game, and is likely the reason that stages will be taking a backseat by comparison. To compensate for this, I expect that the Wii U version will have a BIG roster of original stages whilst the 3DS version, as seen in the leak will be a healthy mix of exclusive locations based on recent handheld games, past stages from Melee and Brawl, and crossover stages between both versions.

SuperSah

Banned
Apparently the pic with the Duck Hunt dog is the bottom screen of the waiting room. Someone posted a picture of Mega Man in the waiting and the bottom screen matched up more with the leak.

I was just searching this up, and this is false, if I'm reading correctly.

The pic is in the waiting room so it has no bottom bar? But, in this official video, the bottom bar is indeed in the waiting room too, I may have read this wrong, if so, I apologise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVaXwcRJi4s

Jaeger

Call it a hunch, or disillusioned. But I think any leak without Mewtwo at this point is fake. Purely because I know Sakurai-san wouldn't let me down. :p

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind Dark Pit. Don't care for Shulk, but I know alot of people do. It would explain that one guy retweeting it that one time.

Berordn

It seems that a lot of people are surprised that the 3DS stage selection is so limited in the leak:

I actually think it makes perfect sense, especially if we look back at what Sakurai originally said about the 3DS version, that it was supposed to focus on an INDIVIDUALIZED experience. This is why Smash Run is being advertised as the big feature of the 3DS game, and is likely the reason that stages will be taking a backseat by comparison. To compensate for this, I expect that the Wii U version will have a BIG roster of original stages whilst the 3DS version, as seen in the leak will be a healthy mix of exclusive locations based on recent handheld games, past stages from Melee and Brawl, and crossover stages between both versions.

The problem with that is the awful stage roster pervades the other modes of the game. What good is having a really robust and dynamic Classic Mode if you're just fighting on a stages that you've already seen in the past entries? Smash Run is great but if the majority of the final matches are just going to be variations of standard Smashes, the awful stage roster brings that down with it. It's something that's going to sour the entire experience, solo and versus, if that's the extent of the stages in the game.

Hatchtag

Banned

yb78gun__large.jpg

Actually, I think the stage roster is just the opposite, that it is great evidence against the leak. Sakurai's mentioned several times that one of his goals with the 3DS version is to take advantage of everyone having their own screen. Smash Run is a way of doing this, the menus and CSS definitely do it, but so far, of the stages revealed, only the Pac-Man stage and Golden Plains do it. And to be honest, I don't see any stage on this leak that looks like it would somehow be able to use that feature. And while that is hard to tell from just seeing a small shot of each of the leak's unrevealed stages, I don't think that any of them have a very high potential to incorporate this feature, ESPECIALLY with how many of them are past stages. So, overall, it's a bit odd to me that only two stages would take advantage of everyone having their own screen when Sakurai seems to so clearly want to do that with more stages.

Of the unrevealed stages on this leak,
-6 are past stages that will not be changed.
-3 are new stages, F-Zero Gameboy, the Xenoblade stage, and the Mother stage. I'll be honest, there's not enough from the Mother stage or Xenoblade stage to even take a guess at what happens on them . The F-Zero stage, however, features a car racing by, and judging off of every F-Zero stage in the series so far, it's likely that this is a changing stage in which cars drive by, and as the hazards change, they would likely have to change for everybody at the same time, meaning it would be the same across every system playing a match on the stage.

There's also 2 stages that we have minimal details on, Kirby Gameboy and N's Castle. N's Castle features a Pokemon, implied to be in a similar way to Spear Pillar, so if each of the Pokemon used attacks or changed the stage in a certain way, the stage would have to stay the same for everybody. Kirby Gameboy is implied to be a changing stage and would likely have to stay the same for every player as well.

EDIT: Cleared some things up.

Call it a hunch, or disillusioned. But I think any leak without Mewtwo at this point is fake. Purely because I know Sakurai-san wouldn't let me down. :p

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind Dark Pit. Don't care for Shulk, but I know alot of people do. It would explain that one guy retweeting it that one time.

Don't forget that the VA favorite a tweet that was asked for him regarding if Shulk's in SSB4, and if he could give a hint.

Camjo-Z

The very first Google Images search result for "ness" clearly shows the correct shirt pattern:

Ness%28Clear%29.png

I can't imagine this leaker spending time getting actual obscure details like the CSS line glitch and Tomodachi room correct but completely missing an extra stripe on the most readily avaliable Ness render on the internet.

Jawmuncher

Don't forget that the VA favorite a tweet that was asked for him regarding if Shulk's in SSB4, and if he could give a hint.

Hopefully the VA isn't a mean guy.
Because if I was in his shoes I would have done the same thing to get people's hopes up just because i'm terrible.

Sponge

Banned
Where was it stated that it was allegedly a waiting room screen?

If I can find that, I can counter it with my video evidence, and snap, it seems like there's a flaw in this leak.

I feel like there was post here that said it. Lord knows I won't be able to find it considering how fast this thread moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom