• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set your phone reminders guys

CmEpvnK.png

I'm setting my phone reminder for the POTD today. I expect a very angry pic of Sakurai or something.

I was hoping for Lucina, but that's because I didn't think the (customizable) protag from awakening would have a chance at all. I thought that if they were going for anyone they'd pick Chrom and so even that dream was farfetched, but Lucina + Robin is fantastic and I love that they're both in.

Durden77

I've been asleep for the past few hours. Last I heard All Star was locked. Anything new? What's this Snake memorial stuff? My heart can't take this...

Kouriozan

Made me giggle. I wouldn't believe that either if I had read a random junior post that, but honestly, I just don't want to put to throw anyone under the bus. I perhaps should not have posted that, as it seems dubious as hell without being able to show you any solid proof. Take it or leave it. My apologies.
Sorry, my attempt as a joke failed miserably.

Jawmuncher

I've been asleep for the past few hours. Last I heard All Star was locked. Anything new? What's this Snake memorial stuff? My heart can't take this...

We're sitting at 3 or apparently 5 characters left to reveal maybe.
But snakes chances now are rock bottom after finally getting a raise from the composer mention.
More than likely for us Snake fans it's going to be all about the DLC push.

JoeInky

Out of the newcomers the one's not Xed are the additions that actually pumped me up.

Much better than Brawls 2 which only consisted of Ike and Snake for me.
Though to be fair Snake counts more than every single newcomer we got in Smash4 for me.

So basically all the boring humanoid ones?

Tan

I have a source that has just informed me that Nintendo have identified the leaker. He has been fired and is being sued. He does not work at ESRB itself. He was an employee of NoA, who was sending materials to the ESRB. This is a completely internal leak.

The leaker, despite having been fired, still has a copy of the Smash Bros 3DS game in his possession; as well as one of the 3DS systems used for internal ratings. Nintendo has yet to seize these from him. It's a copy of the final build of the game.

If there is more to be unlocked in the game, such as new characters, it is possible we'll see more from him (if he still cares to share it); given that he still has it.

walking on fire

Hatchtag

Banned

ESRB looks at the most extreme cases, which, while explaining why we might not have seen everybody...Snake would almost certainly be an extreme case of the cartoon violence in the game, meaning...Snake...had a hard life.

MxBxM

Banned
So no footage of Duck Hunt Dog then...

Out of all the characters, he is the one I am most interested in yet.

Maybe his FS will be similar to Snakes Final Smash.

-Horizon-

I have a source that has just informed me that Nintendo have identified the leaker. He has been fired and is being sued. He does not work at ESRB itself. He was an employee of NoA, who was sending materials to the ESRB. This is a completely internal leak.

The leaker, despite having been fired, still has a copy of the Smash Bros 3DS game in his possession; as well as one of the 3DS systems used for internal ratings. Nintendo has yet to seize these from him. It's a copy of the final build of the game.

If there is more to be unlocked in the game, such as new characters, it is possible we'll see more from him (if he still cares to share it); given that he still has it.

LiamR
iamLR
I am Liar

Sorry :x

LiamR
Liam Neeson
Who played as Ra's al Ghul
Batman confirmed
and the leaker is part of the League of Shadows.

Duck Hunt Dog is a really genuinely great choice that I didn't expect at all. Pumped for him, Pac and MM. The rest I don't really care for. I don't want to be another hater, but I never played FE or Kid Icarus so the influx of chars from those series don't really mean much to me. Never liked Animal Crossing. Bowser Jr. is too 'D-list' for me? Trainer is terrible, I've been laughing about it since s(he) was announced. I don't know what a Greninja is. Reducing Pokemon Trainer to just Charizard seems like a bit of a regression. Little Mac deserves his spot.

But yeah, as I said, pumped for Dog, Pac and Mega. They alone make this roster, IMO. Please don't be mad at the above opinions.

brinstar

My most wanted characters for Smash 4 were: Waluigi, Rosalina, Little Mac, Palutena, Hades, Lucina and Shulk. So I'd say I'm very pleased with the roster. No Hades is a bummer but I'm sure he'll be in there somewhere. Hopefully with his amazing voice.

Though I will say I find Dark Pit's inclusion to be bothersome. I understand why he's in, though. And I'll probably warm up to him when I see him in action/hear his voice.

Jawmuncher

So basically all the boring humanoid ones?

If you look again it's all the girls (Sans Anime Crossing Alt) and 2 guys (Robin is Female Main in my book).
I know what I like and I don't fault anyone who like the others. But those characters for me are bottom of the barrel in terms of inducing hype for me.

ugoo18

What I don't understand.. If Ice Climbers are cut because of "limitations" then why do we have Duck Hunt (dog & duck), Rosalina & Luma, Pikmin & Olimar? I know they aren't the same, but still, they come pretty close. Especially if Chorus Men are in the game, I mean they have Smash Run enemies just as the Ice Climbers have the polar bear.

I can't see them gone from the game at all.

Aren't they each quite different compared to the Ice Climbers though.

Rosalina and Luma are more or less one character that splits to attack?

Olimar and his Pikmin are essentially like any other character using an item they pick up to attack.

Duck Hunt Dog probably will be the same as one of those two (Is there any footage of him fighting?), Although i would love something similar to Banjo and Kazooie actually.

Whereas Ice Climbers correct me if i'm wrong are technically 2 characters, 1 player controlled and 1 with basic AI to mirror the player controlled one.

Sponge

Banned
So no footage of Duck Hunt Dog then...

Out of all the characters, he is the one I am most interested in yet.

Maybe his FS will be similar to Snakes Final Smash.

I'm personally hoping for some sort of mix of Duck Hunt, Snake's FS and Banjo-Kazooie.

I'm sure one of the mods would be kind enough to verify this information?

Kriken

Bish will likely ask you to look at your PMs

Hoping this guy gets caught

J@hranimo

Banned

Just who are you?

He still has the game though. Will he be reckless and leak everything else? Will he play by himself and snicker that no one else will no for another 2-3 weeks?

Probably none of the above :p

Durden77

We're sitting at 3 or apparently 5 characters left to reveal maybe.
But snakes chances now are rock bottom after finally getting a raise from the composer mention.
More than likely for us Snake fans it's going to be all about the DLC push.

So no confirmation on who those last 5 are? I know that All Star guy pretty much said 3 were Dixie, Chorus Men, and Mewtwo, but no other news?

I just can't believe he's fully gone yet. I know it's not good for me, but I can't.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Would go along with those claiming to have insiders at NoA. Likely the same person.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a C-Sticker who got upset by being told one too many time to go home.

Akai

I'm setting my phone reminder for the POTD today. I expect a very angry pic of Sakurai or something.

"Because everyone already knows everything about the game, POTD is canceled. Enjoy the game in a month."

Sad for Sakurai, but satisfied by this roster. A nice selection of fighters I wanted and 'didn't know I wanted'. It actually makes me really thankful that they don't just make the roster a popularity contest...

Cody_D165

Banned

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

Aside from Palutena, I wanted the following:
Mewtwo
Ridley
Demise (or reworked Ganondorf)
Hades

So, the roster is pretty weak for my tastes, though I am sure I will find someone I want to play as. I am still curious about the last 6 slots and what their story is.

Why? Who is he hurting?

Years of work / lives and an entire development team as well as a marketing team that want to communicate info on their schedule and not other people's? Can you imagine Sakurai right now?

That said, this info would have all leaked in about 3 weeks time anyway, so that is something.

GamerSoul

Guess I'm the only one whose underwhelmed by the roster. I only have interest in playing. Bowser Jr, and Greninja. Don't care for anyone else.

I got 0 characters I wanted in, and that fucking sucks.

Yea it can be deflating when are favorites miss the cut, but I think when we spend some quality time with the true roster we'll find those characters that fit our different play-styles.

Jawmuncher

So no confirmation on who those last 5 are? I know that All Star guy pretty much said 3 were Dixie, Chorus Men, and Mewtwo, but no other news?

I just can't believe he's fully gone yet. I know it's not good for me, but I can't.

Yeah who ever is remaining is pure speculation.
Don't worry I always have a piece believing Snake is still there.
Even if the game comes out and he isn't there.

Sponge

Banned
Aside from Palutena, I wanted the following:
Mewtwo
Ridley
Demise (or reworked Ganondorf)
Hades

So, the roster is pretty weak for my tastes, though I am sure I will find someone I want to play as. I am still curious about the last 6 slots and what their story is.

I was personally hoping for Dixie. Hopefully we can get some of these characters as DLC.

If this is true thanks for the info Liam.

I dont really know what he was thinking if he was really working at NoA, when i worked at a game I had to sign a bunch of stuff with pretty scary legal stuff and it would have never crossed my mind to leak info on the internet. Maybe he was fed up of his job or something, but then theres still bigger consequences like being sued.

JoeInky

If you look again it's all the girls (Sans Anime Crossing Alt) and 2 guys (Robin is Female Main in my book).
I know what I like and I don't fault anyone who like the others. But those characters for me are bottom of the barrel in terms of inducing hype for me.

Welp, guess you like what you like.

Those newcomers are the worst by far for me, save for Little Mac, WFT and maybe Shulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom