• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly is, but they would have had to pick it from one of 100+ rooms. Not really likely. And we're talking about it because it could very likely be real.

to make an exact image of a room we haven't seen(until the next day) but at a different angle? doubt it.

Oh ok, now I understand the significance of the Tomodatchi rooms. I'm wondering if the leaker is related to Corocoro or Famitsu, and may have pulled from extraneous material sent to them to make their articles, but I'm not sure

NeonZ

I don't know how you would really make Dark Pit not a clone of Pit.

He's literally a clone of Pit.

He could just use different weapon types from Pit's. Give him a different weapon for melee, and he instantly gets a completely different A moveset. Changing the weapons for specials would be easy too. Still, his position in the selection screen means that he's going to be a straight clone. Probably just having different weapon models and proprieties, not different weapon types.

Anyway, if we were going to get an Uprising clone, I'd have preferred if we had gotten Medusa or Viridi based on Palutena, especially considering who she has the completely different custom special attacks that could be shuffled for them...

Oh ok, now I understand the significance of the Tomodatchi rooms. I'm wondering if the leaker is related to Corocoro or Famitsu, and may have pulled from extraneous material sent to them to make their articles, but I'm not sure

He would be risking his job for something that would be easily trackable to just a few people.

Also, that is getting in to black helicopter-style thinking.

Vashzaron

Urgh, that Sunashine gif is awful and such a childish way of discussing things.

Nah it's the best way yo.

J5Vr67F.png

Seriously I posted this before on Gamefaqs and had someone tell me it didn't line up but was convinced by the Mario Sunshine.

Urgh, that Sunashine gif is awful and such a childish way of discussing things.

Wait, really? It's a direct example of how official renders of Mario have existed relatively unchanged for almost a decade, across different series even. It's pretty relevant when you guys are claiming that because Dr. Mario looks an awful lot like Mario it's clearly a fake...

The leak could easily be fake (still #TeamReal !) but the Doctor Mario comparison is the least compelling argument against it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Lots of people speculated this when the stage was first revealed. It wouldn't hurt or help the leak.
True. Long before we even knew of the GameBoy stage I was asking for a Dream Land stage with GameBoy graphics.

I could argue it's one of the parts of the leak I'd want true.

Spinluck

Fixed for Time Paradox

We've gotten better FE characters since Roy, and I'd much rather have Lucina.

Pichu was always a shitty addition and Melee's roster was decent tier. The metagame is really what pushed that roster forward.

Toon Link is different enough to warrant a slot, and Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are still alts. I can give you Mewtwo though, and I'm not sure where R.O.B. even came from, he's a completely unique character.

JoeInky

Do you mean just find the image of Mario outside of the gif? If so...

s1_53a2d945892ac.jpg

It didn't take long to find it on Google Images.

But that image of Mario you have there is not the same as the one in the gif.

The one in the gif was edited to show that you can make an existing render of Mario look like... Mario, it literally proves nothing other than Dr. Mario looks like Mario.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
He could just use different weapon types from Pit's. Give him a different weapon for melee, and he instantly gets a completely different A moveset. Changing the weapons for specials would be easy too. Still, his position in the selection screen means that he's going to be a straight clone. Probably just having different weapon models and proprieties, not different weapon types.

Anyway, if we were going to get an Uprising clone, I'd have preferred if we had gotten Medusa or Viridi based on Palutena, especially considering who she has the completely different custom special attacks that could be shuffled for them...

That would be awesome if we got that.

If the Kirby's Dreamland 1 stage is the only new stage Kirby gets on the 3DS, I'll be highly disappointed. Yeah, it's a classic stage, but for a series with so many bright, colorful settings to choose from, a 2D monochrome stage would be a huge letdown.

Spinluck

Does Mik post look that serious? If anything you guys responded more serious than he did lol.

In Smash threads you really cannot tell sometimes.

He would be risking his job for something that would be easily trackable to just a few people.

Also, that is getting in to black helicopter-style thinking.

I'm not at the tin foil hat level of thinking yet, at least =p

If this leak is true, then the leaker is likely putting someone's job at risk anyway, whether it be their own or not.

Or... Is anyone considering /v/ hacked Bamco or Sora Ltd.? -.-

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Pichu was always a shitty addition and Melee's roster was decent tier. The metagame is really what pushed that roster forward.
In an alternate world, we would have gotten Raichu instead of Pichu as the Pikachu clone and that would have been glorious.
We've gotten better FE characters since Roy, and I'd much rather have Lucina.

[...]

Toon Link is different enough to warrant a slot, and Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are still alts. I can give you Mewtwo though, and I'm not sure where R.O.B. even came from, he's a completely unique character.
The point was that all those arguments are stuff that people already voiced when the real Brawl roster was leaked. I don't actually disagree with you on anything.

If the Kirby's Dreamland 1 stage is the only new stage Kirby gets on the 3DS, I'll be highly disappointed. Yeah, it's a classic stage, but for a series with so many bright, colorful settings to choose from, a 2D monochrome stage would be a huge letdown.
It would be pretty strange that every time you fight a Kirby character in single player mode you'd be fighting on what is a glorified Flat Zone-esque stage.

Wait, really? It's a direct example of how official renders of Mario have existed relatively unchanged for almost a decade, across different series even. It's pretty relevant when you guys are claiming that because Dr. Mario looks an awful lot like Mario it's clearly a fake...

The leak could easily be fake (still #TeamReal !) but the Doctor Mario comparison is the least compelling argument against it.

Yes, really.

Clearly, people (not me, because I'm neutral on the veracity of the images) are arguing that it's possible the Dr. Mario 'render' is photoshop of an existing render not that 'Mario looks like Mario'. Posting the Sunshine gif is just being dismissive and trying to make the those who believe it's fake look ridiculous without presenting your own argument.

In an alternate world, we would have gotten Raichu instead of Pichu as the Pikachu clone and that would have been glorious.

The best thing about Pichu is that someone asked Sakurai why he didn't make Raichu instead and his answer was "it's funnier if it is a pokemon that hurts itself".

Comedy is the #1 requirement for Smash roster

Greenzxy

But that image of Mario you have there is not the same as the one in the gif.

The one in the gif was edited to show that you can make an existing render of Mario look like... Mario, it literally proves nothing other than Dr. Mario looks like Mario.

Remember that was the point. You could find any image on the net and Photoshop it to look like a new render.
I'm not saying this is true for the leak though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you're going to try and challenge people with renders, do a little more than using one that's just been smudged.

When the leak was first posted (i.e. we only had small icons and not the larger renders) I made this Wario icon in a few minutes to show how easy it is to make an original asset:

6IKNqYI.jpg

Interested if someone can work out the sources of that image. (Hint it's just two different images merged together)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The best thing about Pichu is that someone asked Sakurai why he didn't make Raichu instead and his answer was "it's funnier if it is a pokemon that hurts itself".

Comedy is the #1 requirement for Smash roster
Game Freak shits on Raichu.
Sakurai shits on Raichu.

Being a Raichu fan is hell.

Kriken

This thread has gotten insane even for SmashGAF standards, we desperately need Sakurai to debunk or confirm this leak ASAP

Yes, really.

Clearly, people (not me, because I'm neutral on the veracity of the images) are arguing that it's possible the Dr. Mario 'render' is photoshop of an existing render not that 'Mario looks like Mario'. Posting the Sunshine gif is just being dismissive and trying to make the those who believe it's fake look ridiculous without presenting your own argument.
But the people who think it's fake because it looks like Mario are being ridiculous. There's no pre-existing render to go off of, somebody just took the possible Doc Mario render and made it look like Mario... Which just shows that Mario looks like Mario.

Yes, really.

The thing is, any of these characters could be photoshopped from something else. But going "this Mario looks like this other Mario?" isn't going to help you make that point at all. You'd need way more compelling evidence than that.

Remember that in all the other leaks people found the exact images that were used as renders within minutes, so saying "it looks like it could be edited? take a look" isn't going to do anything. We have looked. And it could be edited. But there's no proof it is and there's no proof it isn't.

We have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom