• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

We have 3 weeks... you can't do a direct the week before, right? That's cutting it too close, I think. If I were a gambling man, I'd say direct next week.
They could do a Direct the week of. It's probably happened before. But if it gets to that point I would expect Sakurai to just let the game come out and leave a few (extra) surprises. We also need 3+ days notice before a Direct... the time is running really short. :x

SmithnCo

I just posted some responses people could give to two of those if they contradicted the leak.

Similarly, if a new 3DS stage was revealed, people could argue that the stage is (or was intended to be) unlockable, and wasn't included in a video to the ESRB.

I really hope people don't argue Sakurai's team could just change stuff so fast in a game that should be going gold to contradict a leak that won't matter after the game is out anyway. But I guess I wouldn't be surprised.

Vuapol

I'm just curious but, assuming the whole ESRB story is true as well, would this be the first major leak to come from the ESRB itself? I can't recall something like this happening off the top of my head.

I hope that you would same for your new avatar.

I could said that your new avatar would be inspired by Mallo

Speaking of which, Heath, what is your avatar, right now?

It looks to me like some kind of pig version of Thanos learning how to paint and not being very happy about it.

emb

It looks to me like some kind of pig version of Thanos learning how to paint and not being very happy about it.
Thanos Pony.

Because he loves ponies. If he could, he would hug every pony. ;__;

GAMERG0D

The line thickness, tomodachi stage, and the fact that brinstar was shown less than a day before the leak make me on team real.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, OK. Never mind :p

I'll just go back to whining about Lucas. He's in the game, right guys? Now I guess I have to go all in on believing the DLC leak too. I just can't live without Lucas in my smash...

/melodrama

Don't believe the Smashboards mods, they are not a credible source. If you believe any part of the original leak, then that includes the DLC leak, since it's by the same person.

georly

What will the meltdowns be like if Shulk is an Ike clone?

Will the xenoblade fans finally feel the pain that I feel as a Zelda fan?

Revven

I would love that if we are getting smash direct but I doubt that. It's more likely that we will get Smash Direct in two weeks.

Yeah, that's what my thoughts are as well -- I was saying if people wanted this discussion of the leak to "end anytime soon" the soonest would be hoping for a Direct next week.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

It's Thanos Cat ;P

I'm just curious but, assuming the whole ESRB story is true as well, would this be the first major leak to come from the ESRB itself? I can't recall something like this happening off the top of my head.

It might be our first time having the leaks from ESRB, so that's why I doubt the rumor at the moment.

Ahnez

Well that's more boring than the fake answers! So he really is just a Marth Clone?
Nope, if he is in, will easily be the most unique sword user in the game. Even more than Robin..

But.. rly.. play the game.. its hard to explain things when you cannot say then :p

Don't believe the Smashboards mods, they are not a credible source. If you believe any part of the original leak, then that includes the DLC leak, since it's by the same person.

I thought it was just some person claiming to be the original leaker who mentioned the DLC stuff, was it actually all released at the same time by the same person? Verifiably?

Has afoni confirmed or denied this leak yet!?!?

So I wanted to ask the same thing! There was a post a while back where he said something about how the Human players in the screenshot have levels, which 100% proves it's fake. But that was quickly debunked (they're handicap levels) and I haven't seen him post since then. Did he get banned, per his tag??

Fandangox

So, seriously you guys, what's a Monado? I feel like I should marinade a chicken in it.

In Xenoblade the Monado is a sword that can't harm living things fromthe Bionis (Where the characters live) although that isn't accurately portrayed in gameplay.

The Monado can grow its blade in lenght and change what types of moves to use. When Shulk switches The Monado to use special Monado arts, he can give a variety of buffs to his allies, and debuff enemies.

The word Monado comes from "monad" something about creation, I don't really remember.

Monado arts, he

If this indeed is real, I will be very disappointed. Am I the only one? :(

If it's the roster "leak" with the DLC, then I honestly got over my dislike and wouldn't mind it being the real roster. The clone characters make sense if you think about it like they didn't have enough time to implement the missing veterans in the base game, so they made clones to pad out the roster.

Nope, if he is in, will easily be the most unique sword user in the game. Even more than Robin..

But.. rly.. play the game.. its hard to explain things when you cannot say then :p

Which game? Xenosaga or something? Is it like Monster Hunter? I don't like Monster Hunter.

emb

So, seriously you guys, what's a Monado? I feel like I should marinade a chicken in it.
The blade that 'Xenoblade' is talking about. At least that's how I thought about it. Basically the fancy red sword Shulk is always using.

Go play Xenoblade. ;)

In Xenoblade the Monado is a sword that can't harm living things fromthe Bionis (Where the characters live) although that isn't accurately portrayed in gameplay.

The Monado can grow its blade in lenght and change what types of moves to use. When Shulk switches The Monado to use special Monado arts, he can give a variety of buffs to his allies, and debuff enemies.

The word Monado comes from "monad" something about creation, I don't really remember.

Monado arts, he

Oh, that sounds cool.

Hindl

I feel like there could be a fascinating case study/thesis on the psychology of the hype train/arguments over validity of leaks of the Smash community before the release of a Smash game

I just realized the July leak said that Bowser Jr would fight in the Koopa Clown Car

In the pic leak you can see the Koopa Car

LEAK CONFIRMED IT'S HABBENING

Well that's more boring than the fake answers! So he really is just a Marth Clone?

We have Lucina for that.
Should've been Roy if we're putting clones back in. :/

But nah. The Monado is way longer than Marth's Falchion, it's even longer than Ike's Ragnell. It's basically an anti-mech laser sword and the size of the blade befits that. As Fandangox above said, it also can change length and bestow various effects. It's got different functions, which vary from slightly spoilery to very spoilery if you haven't played Xenoblade.

emb

I just realized the July leak said that Bowser Jr would fight in the Koopa Clown Car

This leak is based on that one, yes. That much, certainly.

Or maybe they're both based on the TRUTH. :O !!!

But yeah, I had to take a second look for the Koopa car when I remembered the previous leak. Sure enough, there it was.

TreIII

Again, all I care about is seeing the Koopaling alts part of that rumor confirmed. Roy/Morton/Wendy in a Klown Kar would make it so that they would become instant main status.

Didn't that also say all the koopa kids would be his alt costumes? I still don't trust text-based leaks but that would be really cool if they could figure out how to not mess with hitboxes when doing that.

Bowser Jr is basically short and bald, and the other Koopalings get into 'tall' and 'lots of hair' territory.

Regardless of validity, I assume the hair could quite easily just not have a hit box at all.

After all, it's just hair.

Yep, true. I'm more concerned about the height range. I guess they could all just be sticking out the same amount as Jr and you hide the rest inside the clown car.

Koopalings.jpg

If you discount hair, Iggy's really the only outlier. Everyone else is basically the same proportions, but he's The Tall One.

Zubz

Banned
Yep, true. I'm more concerned about the height range. I guess they could all just be sticking out the same amount as Jr and you hide the rest inside the clown car.

Koopalings.jpg

If you discount hair, Iggy's really the only outlier. Everyone else is basically the same proportions, but he's The Tall One.

Have him duck? Again, I still don't believe this leak in the least for a number of reasons, but I can still see Iggy fitting in the Clown Car that way.

Was that leak the same as the one we just got, or were there differences?

I thought that leak included Dixie & Ridley as well as Chorus Kids, but also had the Duck Hunt Dog/Dark Pit as newcomers. Again, though, this could be somebody trying to build off of a pre-set leak to garner attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom