• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: PIRATE STAGE FROM BRAWL IS BACK

Oh I didn't know the Wind Waker Stage was Wii U only. That's too bad. I wanted some wind Waker music in the 3DS version.

This is the first console exclusive DLC isn't it?

I checked the 3DS shop and you can't buy it from there which I guess is nice of them, at least it won't taunt people

Hatchtag

Banned
Oh I didn't know the Wind Waker Stage was Wii U only. That's too bad. I wanted some wind Waker music in the 3DS version.

This is the first console exclusive DLC isn't it?

I checked the 3DS shop and you can't buy it from there which I guess is nice of them, at least it won't taunt people

Pirate Ship is apparently named the same way cross-platform stages are in the files. Might've been intended for 3DS but unable to run on it.

Sakurai's stance on Smash is that it's a party game and that players don't need to know the minutiae. He's a stubborn fella.

We should have a thorough patch list coming from Smash Boards in the next few hours.
I'm currently on Smash Boards reading about individual changes and I feel so sorry for these people they don't deserve to be treated like this.
Praying for Zelda buff

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Posted this in the Ballot thread, but thought I'd share here. You guys know how when you use the Metal Box, the reflection shows the actual stage?

WVW69icC0pk5Is9XtG

That ain't SMB3. An easter egg of some kind...?
I think I see King K. Rool

deleted

Nice stage addition - I was hoping for a new character, but whatever.

It's pretty telling that among the new costumes are Falcon and Fox, two Characters already in the game. I'd figure that they'd add costumes for characters from the series that are not in the game
not that I'd buy a costume anyway :p

It's nice to get a new stage once in a while, but they have to add some missing Melee stages next. I figure we'll see something new (including a new fighter) around the time holiday sales usually take off.

SoulUnison

Banned
Not likely -- the Pac-Man stage on the 3DS has a feature not possible on the Wii U. Each player gets to see their own Power Pellet that others don't see on their screens.

Huh. I ever noticed that.
Is there some way to see other players pellets, 'cuz I feel like I've played "keep-away" trying to keep people from theirs on For Fun.

Tenrius

How do you get the new 3DS stage, then? My game doesn't seem to have been updated.

EDIT:

Ah, okay. I forced an update by trying to go the AOC shop.

Whoa they added some new modes under regular tourney, including "1v1 for glory (Battlefield)". Shane no one is on regular tourney mode right now.

Pirate Ship is apparently named the same way cross-platform stages are in the files. Might've been intended for 3DS but unable to run on it.
Oh yeah, I just read the whole weather effect issue

I suppose making it available to New 3DS owners, assuming that model can run it, would be out of the question too since there's no way to delineate the different platforms like that?

Can the eshop tell which 3DS you're on? I have no idea if you can see Xenoblade in the store if youre viewing it from a regular model.

Anyway, the Mario Maker stage is awesome.

SoulUnison

Banned
I don't know what's with Nintendo's aversion to patch notes, but it's insane. Even when they do give patch notes for something, they are incredibly incomplete. It's ridiculous that fans constantly have to compile their own.

I think it's a conscious choice to have people simply "play" the game rather than obsess over the math and the meta.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I don't know what's with Nintendo's aversion to patch notes, but it's insane. Even when they do give patch notes for something, they are incredibly incomplete. It's ridiculous that fans constantly have to compile their own.
Didn't Splatoon's 2.0 update come with a very long list of patch notes? I don't play the game so I don't know how it's handled by those developers.

Escalario

Banned
Didn't Splatoon's 2.0 update come with a very long list of patch notes? I don't play the game so I don't know how it's handled by those developers.

Yeah, Splatoon 2.0 patch had a pretty extensive patch note.
At this point it's obvious that it is Sakurai's mandate that there shouldn't be any patch notes. Every other Nintendo game does have patch notes, but since Nintendo rarely adds things to it they normally amount to "Fixed some bugs and glitches". There were few games that had added controller support in a patch, and it was reflected in the patch notes.

Mistle

I'd guess Pirate ship isn't on 3DS because you can't swim in the 3DS version?
Also a shame there's no 8 player for it.

Also the Mario Maker stage is great!
"never the same level!" but I'm guessing the very first time is always the same? It was for both 3DS and U

OmegaFax

The 3DS version of the Super Mario Maker stage doesn't update as frequently in some cases.

The only real differences I noticed with the Duck Hunt stage is that Duck Hunt HUD moves with the camera ... otherwise, you'd never see the whole thing. Camera doesn't tilt at all when the game's paused, so virtually no 3D-ish look from the stage.

I think it's a conscious choice to have people simply "play" the game rather than obsess over the math and the meta.

This is likely the case, but it's not a good one either. People who "obsess" about that information are going obsess regardless of whether or not Nintendo makes it easy for them. Being opaque for the sake of "making people play" is just nonsense. And the thing is, Nintendo has a long history of missing or incomplete patch notes that extends far beyond obscuring high-level meta-game changes. They just have a tendency not to tell people what they've changed about any of their products across any area, which is absolutely not a policy anyone should agree with.

This is actually true, but for the time being that seems to be an anomaly, just like many things pertaining to Splatoon.

there's literally nothing wrong with wanting to know frame data and recovery/speed changes etc.

like? obviously they play the game extensively? this is why they want to know this data right away in the first place? what the fuck

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
HECKKKKK YEAHHHHHH WE FINALLY GOT PIRATE SHIP! :D :D :D :D

Also I'm very happy that they finally add Duck Hunt stage to Smash 3DS, and best part is that it's FREEEEEE!!!!!!

SoulUnison

Banned
Hope it's in the online playlist. Not dropping 2 dollars for offline play

I just played Mario Maker in Online "For Fun" about a half hour ago.

I wish they'd introduce some sort of stage voting online, though.
I don't like the feeling of paying for stages and then leaving it up to the RNG to see if I ever really get to use them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So if the Wii U should get 3DS stages, what stages should be ported from the Wii U to the 3DS version along with Duck Hunt so not everything unique about that version is taken away from it?

Weird how everyone only considers the one way trip despite there being a sizeable 3DS only audience.

Dr. Buni

So if the Wii U should get 3DS stages, what stages should be ported from the Wii U to the 3DS version along with Duck Hunt so not everything unique about that version is taken away from it?

Weird how everyone only considers the one way trip despite there being a sizeable 3DS only audience.
That's because some people still see the 3DS version as a "filler", even though the playerbase is bigger than the Wii U's. Go figure.

Anyways, stages I want on the 3DS from the Wii U are:

Gamer
Kalos Pokémon League
Windy Hill Zone
Smashville
Onett
Kongo Jungle 64
Skyworld
Delfino Plaza (pleaaaaaase?)

That is it.

For 3DS > Wii U, I only really want Magicant and maybe Paper Mario.

Illucio

Banned
That Rathlos set will be the first costume I'll buy ever. It's too amazing not to pass up!

They are getting much better at this costume game.

(I wonder if a Monster Hunter will get a rep for DLC, have people been voting for a Hunter in the ballot? xD)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That's because some people still see the 3DS version as a "filler", even though the playerbase is bigger than the Wii U's. Go figure.

Gamer
Kalos Pokémon League
Windy Hill Zone
Smashville
Onett
Kongo Jungle 64
Skyworld

That is it.

I think I'm going to ask for Magicant and Yoshi Island (Brawl) for Wii U. Well, I would love to see Spirit Train stage and Pictochat 2.

Gamer
Kalos Pokémon League
Windy Hill Zone
Smashville
Onett
Kongo Jungle 64
Skyworld

That is it.

Its not filler but its not the version people playing at tournys and stuff. Beside 3DS installl base is like 4-5Xs the Wii U what a silly comparison.

Top Bottom