• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: PIRATE STAGE FROM BRAWL IS BACK

Boney

Banned
Samus:

Nothing major. I guess, the big changes only come, if they include new fighters. Since the team has to balance the new ones anyway.
They also reduced fair's landing lag from 30 to 26

i've seen some stuff regarding this, but what are the broken moves?
Throw, running throw, pivot throw, jab, ftilt (hurts the most because this was good pre Mewtwo), nair (at least it used to be dunno now), missiles, super missiles and rolls are all f tier moves

Davey Cakes

I am so sad that my friends don't like Smash Bros. :(

The game is brimming with amazing content (old and new) that keeps coming but I can barely enjoy it.

Davey Cakes

sounds like you need new friends
Lol. I mean, these guys love Mario Kart and most of Nintendo's party games, plus other games like Rocket League.

Smash just never caught on. Maybe two or three of my friends enjoy it enough to play with me on rare occasion.

To be honest, I'm not in love with Smash either but I still find it fun and the fan service is orgasmic to me. It's just that the most I've ever gotten out of the series is the single player content like Events and just playing all the modes until I unlock all characters and stages.

Maybe I should take it online. But that's never as fun as same-room multiplayer.

Seiniyta

I don't think people should be surprised it's taking a while for another character. All the previous characters were probably already in various stages of developement when Mewtwo was announced.

It took a long ass time before Mewtwo got released (3+ months?) So it wouldn't surprise me if the next batch comes near the end of November or early 2016.

woopWOOP

Pirate Ship not even being playable for 5/6-players is a bit of a downer, but to be honest I'm not too upset since the Super Mario Maker stage works even with 8 people.
Since it's not too agressive with the hazards, I have a feeling we'll be picking that one more often.

I Hope to see Green Hill zone on wiiU. also emerald hill music.
Mario 2 level make a comeback.
And the 3DS pacman level on wiiU too :D

Neoxon

I don't think people should be surprised it's taking a while for another character. All the previous characters were probably already in various stages of developement when Mewtwo was announced.

It took a long ass time before Mewtwo got released (3+ months?) So it wouldn't surprise me if the next batch comes near the end of November or early 2016.
As Sakurai said, it takes time to make a new character from the ground up ;)
If that was the case, Sakurai should have saved Roy for the Late July/Early August update & Ryu for this update. If characters take this long to make, Sakurai should have spaced his releases accordingly.

I guess if they released a character they might've held some kind of event. Though Directs do seem to have ceased since Iwata's passing.

Boney

Banned
If that was the case, Sakurai should have saved Roy for the Late July/Early August update & Ryu for this update. If characters take this long to make, Sakurai should have spaced his releases accordingly.
Uhm no? Why would you want that?

Neoxon

Uhm no? Why would you want that?
Spread out the hype & better space the release of the characters instead of a ton of dead time which is clearly impacting sales (if you look at Tournament Mode, barely anyone bought the N64 stages from the Late July/Early August update).

Exile20

How incredibly disappointing that they made Monster Hunter into Mii costumes when an original fighter had so much potential.
You think the effort and time is the same between making costumes and an actual character?

They mostlikely are making new characters but that shit takes lots of time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ah yes, the biggest AoC surprise in Smash, Ryu, should have been saved for now so it could be revealed by tweet rather than being revealed at one of the biggest gaming trade shows.

KingBroly

Banned
I'd still like New Pork City to return. I think it'd work really well in 8-player Smash unlike Palutena's Temple, which is a Smash Run stage.

Boney

Banned
Spread out the hype & better space the release of the characters instead of a ton of dead time which is clearly impacting sales (if you look at Tournament Mode, barely anyone bought the N64 stages from the Late July/Early August update).
Because they're crap stages. I'd rather get the characters earlier and enjoy them longer.

Smh

This is freaking me out
WVW69icF_6UozctQ2V

My mind is having a hard time with these characters being on this stage

KingBroly

Banned
Ugh. NPC played like a Brawl custom stage. A poorly made one

I still think the best thing they could do going forward is have dynamic stages based on the number of players left in a game. It'd maintain the overall speed of games instead of them devolving into run away fests.

shauntu

Eh, just put one general Power Pellet for everyone to fight over. Or different colored ones! That stage is great and I'd pay a pretty penny to have it on the big screen!

(I'd, no lie, pay for every single 3DS-exclusive stage to have on the Wii U)

Ok, I made a mistake. The Power Pellet shows up for everyone, while indicating who it is for. However, when someone has taken a Power Pellet, the ghosts turn Blue (edible) only on that player's screen; everyone else's screen still shows the ghosts as normal and are hurt by them.

Basically, the stage makes use of all players having their own screen to show different information to players. It's the only stage I know of that does this.

The Pirate Ship has completely overshadowed the Mario Maker stage. I wish they would drip feed us content, rather than giving us lots at once. For example:

1st week of September: Mii Costumes 1
2nd week of September: Pirate Stage
3rd week of September: Mii Costumes 2
Last week of September: MM Stage

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ok, I made a mistake. The Power Pellet shows up for everyone, while indicating who it is for. However, when someone has taken a Power Pellet, the ghosts turn Blue (edible) only on that player's screen; everyone else's screen still shows the ghosts as normal and are hurt by them.

Basically, the stage makes use of all players having their own screen to show different information to players. It's the only stage I know of that does this.

NSMB2 stage gives everyone a unique coin counter.

woopWOOP

Also I can't believe I'm playing the Smash Bros SMM maker stage before I can play the actual SMM again. #%!@*

As for old stage wishes, I'd really like the Great Bay to make a return. That little space under the laboratory was such a fun death zone.
Saffron City and Pokéfloats too, though I wonder if that's even possible with the way the Pokémon Company protects its IP.

Though whatever stage they churn out I'll end up purchasing it anyway (aslong as it's playable on 8-player Smash)

KingBroly

Banned
The Pirate Ship has completely overshadowed the Mario Maker stage. I wish they would drip feed us content, rather than giving us lots at once. For example:

They know people are going to datamine it, so why hold off? they want some of the stuff to be surprises. The costumes are also sold in a bundle.

Edag88

Banned

It's like how nobody even reported that Lucas had released when he did because Ryu was such a big deal surprise character.

Bulzeeb

Yeah, I know but for the time being, these "bombs" out of nowhere is amusing.

Sometimes I'll see something posted and am like "not sure if serious".

They just come out of nowhere.

Well instead of trowing a bomb to formally announce new stuff they are just letting their ninjas do the work while Nintendo re structures the direct format

Revven

Never enjoyed this stage and the Mario Maker stage doesn't really interest me so this month there's nothing I want from this batch of DLC.

Woo hoo?

They know people are going to datamine it, so why hold off? they want some of the stuff to be surprises. The costumes are also sold in a bundle.

They could just not include data in the updates. If they're pushing out updates at 2am EST, it's not like having 4 in one month would be a big deal–people are asleep by the time these updates are being installed.

Or they're easy to make with next to no effort behind them.

On topic, do you guys think the next batch of characters will be in November or early next year?

November for the game's anniversary. Probably the week of Black Friday. People will have $$$ to spend and there'll be a lot of online multiplayer that weekend as families are back together.

Shauni

I Hope to see Green Hill zone on wiiU. also emerald hill music.
Mario 2 level make a comeback.
And the 3DS pacman level on wiiU too :D

That's probably the one level that just absolutely need to have carried over from the 3DS. I really hate the Pac Man level from the Wii U version.

Top Bottom