• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

I repost my comparison image for seeing the diferences better.

Fox is, in my opinion, almost identical.

ssbcompkth.jpg

Kirby gets me every time. I wish they had another Brawl trailer moment where even he was confused why he looked pretty much the same. I'll still miss Melee Fox and Falco. It had the best representation of them out of all of their games

I repost my comparison image for seeing the diferences better.

Fox is, in my opinion, almost identical.

ssbcompkth.jpg

That's a better comparison. Looking good so far (with the exception of Link's facelift).

And like I said, Kirby looks better in 4. That video comparison showed him all zoomed in and worse looking than Brawl's version.

Mario looks awesome.

Village

I don't understand EVERYTHING you said.

Because she doesn't have all of those bumps/extra stuff on her armor it makes it look like she doesn't have armor? What?

And it looks like there isn't a person in there? I won't even bother asking how.

Great pic, thanks for creating it.

The old armor was chunky, looked more like it could fit a person. The new one is way more thin in certain places and looks odd, looks more like a robot rather than a suit of armor.

tumblr_inline_moautnjID11qz4rgp.jpg

The old armor was chunky, looked more like it could fit a person. The new one is way more thin in certain places and looks odd, looks more like a robot rather than a suit of armor.

Well but the armor was created by birdmen. It wouldn't be odd to think they'd have a different physique.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
IF they are taking some people out, it probably would be Lucas, Snake and R.O.B

Lucas because he was pretty much an exact copy of Ness.

Snake because the only way he could appear is if MGSV comes to Wii U.

And R.O.B because he wasn't really the best playable character.

I hope in the end when SSB4 is finished that there will be more characters, guess we'll see.

This is factually incorrect. ROB was amazing.

Azure J

If we could have Other M's slickness with Super Metroid/Brawl's general design that'd be the best suit.

Oh wait, we already had that. It's called her Prime Varia Suit.

=/

Still think the current Samus model is gorgeous though. I hope this Samus has more of her grappling moves and her attacks have impact like they did in Other M. Only thing that game got right were her combat animations.

DaBoss

Nope, I don't see it. Brawl's did look more clunky, but I don't see how SSB4's doesn't fit a person. It doesn't look any thinner than Brawl's.

SSB4's looks more agile and speedier.

kirblar

New samus looks plastic, toy-ish. I do not like it.

Brawl samus looks like she has armor on, and there is a person in there.
Her midsection looks ridiculous. I'm not normally one to go after unrealistic proportions, but this is "hourglass" taken just a bit too literally.

So, who else wishes that more of Samus's moves were from her games? After seeing how Mega Man is pretty much purely a projectile character in being faithful to his games, I started thinking about Samus. Outside of her specials, she shoots a short range flamethrower and kicks. I wish more of the things she did in her games were incorporated into her moveset.

Almost thought the same about Kirby, but most of his moves are from either Fighter or Suplex, and I'm cool with this.

EDIT:
Still think the current Samus model is gorgeous though. I hope this Samus has more of her grappling moves and her attacks have impact like they did in Other M. Only thing that game got right were her combat animations.

Lol, saw your post after I made mine. I agree with this.

Her midsection looks ridiculous. I'm not normally one to go after unrealistic proportions, but this is "hourglass" taken just a bit too literally.

It's armor! It's not like it's hugging her. It's not different from her shoulder sections being far larger than her shoulders actually are

Village

Nope, I don't see it. Brawl's did look more clunky, but I don't see how SSB4's doesn't fit a person. It doesn't look any thinner than Brawl's.

SSB4's looks more agile and speedier.

we will have to disagree

I like alot of armored characters, so I have developed my own notion of what thin armor should look like.

Though not sure my notion of what thin armor is would work with samus, it could. I just do not know if they would do it.

Azure J

So, who else wishes that more of Samus's moves were from her games? After seeing how Mega Man is pretty much purely a projectile character in being faithful to his games, I started thinking about Samus. Outside of her specials, she shoots a short range flamethrower and kicks. I wish more of the things she did in her games were incorporated into her moveset.

Almost thought the same about Kirby, but most of his moves are from either Fighter or Suplex, and I'm cool with this.

The thing about interpreting Samus any further is that she has potential to be the single most broken thing in the series easily. Imagine:

- Walk/run speed as fast as she was in Smash 64
- Power Bombs (down + hold B)
- Armored Speed Boots Run as her side smash; cancellable with down into a Shinespark charge
- Plasma+Wave+Ice fusion beam that was spammable (and had the same piercing/chance of freezing as it did in the games); hold B to hold charge and release to fire stupid fast beam

Fuck, I want this now. :lol

GAMERG0D

What's the 8-bit theme that played when Mega Man was shown?

I know I know, I've never played Mega Man. I'm buying them soon.

JoeInky

What's the 8-bit theme that played when Mega Man was shown?

I know I know, I've never played Mega Man. I'm buying them soon.

Megaman 2 robot master intro music, then the megaman 2 title music, then it plays the get item music and ends with megaman 2 wily stage 1, I think.

Did you guys already talk about this? Character customization? Is it worth a new thread?

The Wii U and 3DS versions of the new Super Smash Bros. will not feature cross-platform play, director of Sora Ltd. Masahiro Sakurai tells Joystiq. Since each version of the game has completely different stages, cross-platform play wouldn't work, he told us through an interpreter. Each version will interact with one another, however, as announced back in 2011. Specifically, players will be able to take characters they've customized and transfer them to the Wii U version.

He wouldn't elaborate on exactly what those customizations are, saying only that they won't be costumes and they won't be something that players have to unlock through repetitive tasks. Different costumes, he said, would take away from what makes each character unique. He also wanted to avoid boring, repetitive tasks, while Sora works to produce a "stress free, easy connectivity" between the two versions.

When asked if the level editor would return, Sakurai gave us a "no comment."

DaBoss

Did you guys already talk about this? Customization? Is it worth a new thread?

The Wii U and 3DS versions of the new Super Smash Bros. will not feature cross-platform play, director of Sora Ltd. Masahiro Sakurai tells Joystiq. Since each version of the game has completely different stages, cross-platform play wouldn't work, he told us through an interpreter. Each version will interact with one another, however, as announced back in 2011. Specifically, players will be able to take characters they've customized and transfer them to the Wii U version.

He wouldn't elaborate on exactly what those customizations are, saying only that they won't be costumes and they won't be something that players have to unlock through repetitive tasks. Different costumes, he said, would take away from what makes each character unique. He also wanted to avoid boring, repetitive tasks, while Sora works to produce a "stress free, easy connectivity" between the two versions.

It's so vague lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So there WILL be something that can be transferred between the two versions. That makes me happy in knowing there'll be a reason to get both versions aside from having one for portability and one for online. I wanna see more games that have 3DS & Wii U versions have some kind of connectivity.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Did you guys already talk about this? Character customization? Is it worth a new thread?

Too vague. I'm not sure what is new news from this.

Kouichi

Deconfirmation on alternate costumes :(

Well the good news is that the customization idea he had in the past is apart of the game. I'm very interested to see what it is and how it works.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Deconfirmation on alternate costumes :(

Well the good news is that the customization idea he had in the past is apart of the game. I'm very interested to see what it is and how it works.

At least, it put the rest to Alt. Costume Discussion, without wasting any of our times. :p

GAMERG0D

Bulky Samus is the best Samus, the Other M arm cannon looks like a mere pea shooter by comparison, i'm still disappointed Prime Samus got skipped over twice now.
I do like the lights on this newer Samus though.
I hope they have a costume for the old look.

Megaman 2 robot master intro music, then the megaman 2 title music, then it plays the get item music and ends with megaman 2 wily stage 1, I think.
Alright, thanks.

Village

How would take make a character not special. What the world?

Harada is like on a toilet somewhere and his heart just sank
" something just made my soul die"

( please my his ideas change over development )

ugly

Sakurai you are a very clever little monkey but think about it
You don't wanna play as WW Link in his pajamas?
Mario in his Dr uniform again?
Link in his Ordon Village clothes?
Look how cool it was for Wario!
We could have some original stuff too, how about DK in a tux? Ystring Cpt Falcon? No?

At the very least I'm predicting New Leaf connectivity for both Wii U and 3ds versions, allowing you to use your character from those games. I don't think it'd be hard at all to implement really.

Linkhero1

So what's the general consensus on characters leaving the series? Who's more likely to leave the series?

My guess would be Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Wolf, Toon Link, Snake (obviously). I'd say Lucas too but I'm not sure how popular he is and since Ness is the only other Mother character, he has a chance to stay.

Edit: I see there's a discussion on the previous page.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Technically he is saying the customisation will not be costume based, but don't hold your breath for alt costume for each character.

At best we may get more Melee Peach's Daisy looks which modified a few things rather than strictly alt colours.

Top Bottom