• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

Symphonic

I could have SWORN there was a mention of at least considering cross-play when it was first announced. No way in hell I'll be able to find that quote though, even if it exists.

ash_ag

What are the chances we see something like this when SSB4 comes around? :|

gKSPEVz.png

Though I'd rather it be a remapped U Pro Controller, since Wii Remote extensions can't provide rumble.

...I can't see this as a bad thing....character wise.

Nah. I'm glad. It means Sakurai is intent on making the games as full on content as possible. Planning on DLC means leaving characters out for later, which is done way too much with fighters nowadays.

It'd suck having to get an awesome character via dlc.

Other then the returning regulars and Mega Man I can't really see them adding any characters I like. DLC gives me hope that someday they might include characters that interest me, I would love to be able to download Wart, King K Rool or King Hippo. Guys that don't have the selling power of Wii Fit.

Also they could get some fun synergy going between games. As an incentive to try out some of Nintendo's new Ips give out a free download of the main character for Smash.

Do the same with close 3rd parties to encourage Nintendo fans to try out theses games too.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I have to say, I'm quite surprised. No one really cares about the speed news? Thought that would have been a bigger deal around these parts...

You know looking at the picture you posted and before reaching the end of the post I actually thought you were going to say a silhouette of Mega Man jumping into a boss door, it's iconic!

I'm in love with SSB4's Mega Man to the point where I hope we don't see a single NES MM sprite in the whole game. Even in silhouette form.

Snake doesn't deserve to be in Smash because he doesn't have a game coming to the Wii U, unlike the dozens of Wii games he appeared in.

(snake owned and totally fit)

linko9

What are the chances we see something like this when SSB4 comes around? :|

Though I'd rather it be a remapped U Pro Controller, since Wii Remote extensions can't provide rumble.

Mayflash makes a converter; already got mine :D

I'm just praying to jeebus they don't omit Wii remote/classic controller support.

RM8

Do we even know if this game will support Classic Controller? Because I'm fine with a Classic Controller in any case. I just don't want the "C-stick" being above the buttons, I think I can get used to everything else.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Snake doesn't deserve to be in Smash because he doesn't have a game coming to the Wii U, unlike the dozens of Wii games he appeared in.

Plus Kojima has an anti Nintendo agenda if he put Kingdom Hearts 3 on Wii U then maybe but until then no.

RM8

Eh, I don't care about Snake. It's fine by me if he's in or out. But the fact is - he didn't fit in Brawl and he wouldn't fit in this - Smash is a Nintendo thing, you'd think 3rd party characters would be somehow related to Nintendo (in Sonic's case, well, he's pretty much the most direct rival Mario has ever had).

Do we even know if this game will support Classic Controller? Because I'm fine with a Classic Controller in any case. I just don't want the "C-stick" being above the buttons, I think I can get used to everything else.

I hope so! I bought four Classic Controller Pros just for this!

Third Parties

This really sucks..
Source

Eh, I'd rather they focus a few less characters that are good than have a few more characters that are average. (of course having a few more characters that are all great is the best case scenario, of course, haha)

Limitations aren't always a bad thing IMO. At least in the film industry movies like Jaws and the original Star Wars wouldn't have been nearly as good if it weren't for difficulties and limitations during filming.

Now I'll agree that this is perhaps an unrealistically optimistic outlook to have, but I'll hold off my cynicism until closer to the games release. I find that following some game's development too closely can lead to a lot of unnecessary stress or unrealistic expectations you end up creating for yourself.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Haha I wanna see that source
Scroll to the bottom of the page.

Please understand that snapshots depicting inappropriate content or containing inappropriate comments will not be eligible for selection.

To this point, I’ve received a great number of screenshots that focus on peeking at the undergarments of certain Brawl combatants. So let me just say it again—shots like these will never be posted to the Dojo or sent out to users via the Smash Service.

(snake owned and totally fit)

Well, he fit because he didn't fit. Kojima is a pretty weird guy (shocking revelaitons) and his craziness bled through to Snake's brawl appearance damn well. Plus MGS was in a pretty weird place at the time too, what with the most batshit insane game in the series coming out weeks after, so nothing about the series felt so nailed-in that something like Brawl couldn't happen.

Now Snake's gone, so I guess it'd be a bit odd to see him return. Plus, you know, Hayter's still salty and probably would refuse to voice Snake for just a spin-off.

Azure J

I am TOTALLY down for Wii U version getting a shit load of DLC characters. 3dsers gotta deal man.

Also, earlier ITT: tons of "Chicken Little"-ing.

I am TOTALLY down for Wii U version getting a shit load of DLC characters. 3dsers gotta deal man.

Also, earlier ITT: tons of "Chicken Little"-ing.

Yes on both of these.

DLC characters would be great as long as much love and care was put into them as in the main game.

As for the people who were "Chicken Little"-ing, as Azure J called it, Sakurai doesn't exactly strike me as the type that would cut characters. Maybe scale them back if he has to, but not outright cut them, but that could just be me.

Top Bottom