• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros X (Brawl) homepage countdowns, where everyone knows your name

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo2046

new information coming ?
http://www.smashbros.com/

Copied from ant1532 :D
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6473170&postcount=911

So here's just a quick throw down of the already confirmed stages and characters:

Stages:
image865508td4.jpg

-Mario Circuit
-Yoshi's Island (Changes seasons)
-Pokemon Stadium
-Starfox Lylat Planetary Orbit (speculated to enter Corneria atmosphere
-Shadow Moses/Alaska
-Angel Land
-Battlefield (might be a Kid Icarus level due to the greek pillars and logo on the stone but Nintendo Power claims it's BF.. but it's Nintendo Power..)
-Fire Emblem Castle Stage
-Meta Knight's Ship (platform follows the ship from hangar like in Mute City)

Characters:
300pxssbbrawl3pq3.jpg

Returned characters
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Fox

New Characters

Wario
Zero Suit Samus (not confirmed if she's a transformation of Samus yet)
Solid Snake
Metaknight
Pit

Semi-confirmed

Yoshi(He has a stage but hasn't been shown yet.)

-------

Sakurai said all the characters from Melee (26) won't be in Brawl probably. He also said he's not putting any Manga characters in. So don't think you're going to be playing as Goku.

He also stated that the third party characters that will be in the game(which he said he was thinking how many he should try and get in. His quote went something like this
"maybe 3 more?" The characters would have to appear on a Nintendo console in the past also.

E3 2006 Trailer

Nintendo World 2006 Trailer

--------

For those who forgot here are the Melee characters for comparison (thanks to shaft)

Melee characters:
(26 total, including 4 clones and 1 transformation

-Mario
-Link
-Donkey Kong
-Yoshi
-Pikachu
-Kirby
-Fox
-Samus Aran
-Luigi
-Jigglypuff
-Captain Falcon
-Ness
-Peach
-Bowser
-Ice Climbers
-Zelda
-Ganondorf
-Pichu
-Mewtwo
-Mr. Game & Watch
-Marth
-Dr. Mario (clone)
-Young Link (clone)
-Roy (clone)
-Falco (clone)
-Sheik (transformation)

Espada

Wait, so the game's called SSB:X? Either way, we might be getting more info soon. Maybe stages and some audio samples?

fernoca

OMG!
Sonic, Master Chief, Jill Valentine, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Lara Croft, Batman, Superman and Peter Griffin..CONFIRMED!!!

Only the bolded ones will.....

Yessir.

Along with the long-rumored Nintendo event to be held next week and the supposed upcoming Metroid Prime information, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fairly large outpouring of information from Nintendo very soon on all three of their big titles.

cvxfreak

Espada said:
Wait, so the game's called SSB:X? Either way, we might be getting more info soon. Maybe stages and some audio samples?

It's Dairantou Smash Brothers X in Japan (the GameCube game was called Dairantou Smash Brothers DX).

laserbeam

Banned
Espada said:

just the sites name. Like it Says Smash Brothers Dojo for the English site and underneath it says official site of Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Tristam

cvxfreak said:
Whoo-hoo, let new media + info commence! :D

I've got to wonder if this is somehow connected to speculation of a "Nintendo Gamer Day" and impending Metroid Prime 3: Corruption news.

Anyways, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

EDIT: Wait, is it confirmed that Nintendo is holding some sort of event..?

I'm pretty sure it's a result of the timezone difference between Japan and certain portions of the United States, but I may be completely off?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
The new coro coro is out tomorrow and there is meant to be information out in it.

Espada

cvxfreak said:
It's Dairantou Smash Brothers X in Japan (the GameCube game was called Dairantou Smash Brothers DX).

laserbeam said:
just the sites name. Like it Says Smash Brothers Dojo for the English site and underneath it says official site of Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Thanks for clearing that up, you two. It does look like we're gonna get delicious sweets soon. Hell, just give us some grody 1024 x 768 walls and I'll be happy. :lol

StevieP

Banned
Monk said:
Hey blizzard's countdown is going at the same time... Blizzard to be developing SSBB?

Quick, title change:
"Blizzard developing SSB with Sora, SCV and Zergling fighters to be revealed in a few days"

Espada

StevieP said:
Quick, title change:
"Blizzard developing SSB with Sora, SCV and Zergling fighters to be revealed in a few days"

What?! Ling rush special confirmed? As for secret character? The main character from Nights, we might see that one in there.

Tristam

Espada said:
What?! Ling rush special confirmed? As for secret character? The main character from Nights, we might see that one in there.

I never even thought about that, but NiGHTS would actually fit Smash Bros. style extremely well given the standard drill attack.

I told you guys! And nobody believed me, you guys all laughed at me and mocked me :( *cry*why!? And now your...your all excited!
cry.gif

Shocking Alberto said:
So, Crush Dance loses thread-making abilities?

SHocking Alberto said:
Yeah, what crush was really trying to say was NEW BRAWL TRAILER

Oh and lets not forget:
sp0rsk said:
Crush DANCE THREAD

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
CrushDance said:
I told you guys! And nobody believed me, you guys all laughed at me and mocked me :( *cry*why!? And now your...your all excited!
cry.gif
can I have a full pic of your avatar?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
CrushDance said:
cry.gif

Oh and lets not forget:

How dare you use the uber cute Chiyo avatar.

That is unfair on so many levels.

So its the 15th today

7 days makes it the 22nd May

Matt said expect news on MP3 the "WEEK" of the 20th.
So maybe Nintendo are doing something on the 22nd?

Kobun Heat hinted at some Nintendo dealio a few weeks ago? and it fits following on the week after Sony's show to get their own limelight.

Either way May still reigns supreme in the gaming news calendar!

StevieP

Banned
White Man said:
Please, please don't refit this game to use waggle. Please.

Why the heck not? I'd try it.
As long as it's not the default control scheme, it shouldn't make a difference to the competitive aspect of the game. If Sakurai doesn't do something with the Wii+chuk(y'know, the controller that comes in the Wii box) and SSB's game mechanics, I'm sure Nintendo will get lambasted for shitting out yet another sequel with "no innovations, just refinement of the same thing I've already played a decade ago" (see: Zelda TP complaints).

Tristam said:
I've got to wonder if this is somehow connected to speculation of a "Nintendo Gamer Day" and impending Metroid Prime 3: Corruption news.

Anyways, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

EDIT: Wait, is it confirmed that Nintendo is holding some sort of event..?
Well Matt C was hinting at it in the latest mailbag. Would make sense to launch the site alongside said event.

OMG megaton, hype +100000 etc. Oh and kermit.gif of course.

White Man

StevieP said:
Why the heck not? I'd try it.

I doubt there's any adequate use for waggle in a fighter. Also, having drastically different control schemes in an online game (it is online still, right?) would be balance hell. No waggle for Smash Bros.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
White Man said:
Please, please don't refit this game to use waggle. Please.

I really wonder how they're going to do this. SSBM was pretty much perfect on the GC controller. I don't know if wavedashing, L-cancelling and all that other tricky stuff could be done with the wiimote/nunchuk. And even with the classic controller.

I don't think Nintendo is doign any "Gamers day" People have always said that they are to quite so I think they are giving us some new media and info just to be out there with everyone else and keep people interested.

Either way it'll be awesome. I believe Chris Remo! I believe!

Link Man

Banned
White Man said:
I doubt there's any adequate use for waggle in a fighter. Also, having drastically different control schemes in an online game (it is online still, right?) would be balance hell. No waggle for Smash Bros.

The C-stick says hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom