• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkajo

I am searching the internet like mad (I am certain I have seen at least 0,001% of it) and cannot not find any info on Toon Link's FS. Did someone here said he watched the live stream and the guy playing did the FS?

masterkajo said:
I am searching the internet like mad (I am certain I have seen at least 0,001% of it) and cannot not find any info on Toon Link's FS. Did someone here said he watched the live stream and the guy playing did the FS?

I want to know about this too. I've seen a couple of videos where he just missed out on the Smash ball thing, but no-one seems to have captured his Final Smash.

Same as adult link's or..?

Did a search through the thread with no results, but maybe I've missed it: has there been any YouTube / NicoVideo footage of the Mushroomy Kingdom or arcade Mario Bros stages? I've seen screencaps of the latter, but no media of the former outside of the Dojo.

Teasel

Toy Soldier said:
Did a search through the thread with no results, but maybe I've missed it: has there been any YouTube / NicoVideo footage of the Mushroomy Kingdom or arcade Mario Bros stages? I've seen screencaps of the latter, but no media of the former outside of the Dojo.
yup there is a video that showed classic mode and one of the stage was mushroomy kingdom ... just search for videos of classic mode played with the PT on youtube

Teasel said:
yup there is a video that showed classic mode and one of the stage was mushroomy kingdom ... just search for videos of classic mode played with the PT on youtube

Thank you much! That should have been the first thing I tried (scanning through playthroughs of Classic mode).

For anyone else who has yet to see Mushroomy Kingdom, here ya go, it's the first stage being played: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fdH1LhOHWPU

Revisiting World 1-1 and 1-2 actually kinda has me more pumped than anything else in this game, believe it or not. Looks so cool.

Metal B

I had seen a picture of a new Game & Watch Stage in one of the videos. Are there any Infos about it yet? The pictres shows this guys from Mr. G&W B+Up Attack with a yellow background.

webrunner

tabsina said:
asking again, since noone answered (or maybe the people who saw it don't know)

Do unlockable characters appear on the challenge screen?

I saw a video of someone unlocking.. I think it was Captain Falcon. They also earned like 2 trophies and a song. When they beat Captain Falcon, it went to the Challege Screen, broke the boxes for the trophies and the song, then showed the screen with "You got a trophy!" then another one, then the song one, then the captain falcon one.

The point is, they didn't show a box breaking for Falcon.

Chao

Rindain said:
Argh where is my Green Hill Zone footage (and music?)?

Rindain said:

Rindain said:

Rindain said:

Rindain said:

Rindain said:

Rindain said:

For the love of god, please somebody listen to this guy. MY GREEN HILLS SHOW ME THEM.

webrunner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clkpUX_H7Pc - Just saw this.. Falco and Wolf and it's a lot clearer than the old Wolf videos.
FALCO - Laser seems to be nearly instantaneous travel? Clearer shot of the Yoyo Reflector later
Wolf -we see every one of his B moves but the gun (which we already saw). Up-B is definately some sort of really quick rocket kick, his 'reflector' seems more like a damage move (seems like it stays on for a very short period of time.. also it looks like you can control the size of it somehow?). His side-B is the dash but it does have the vertical component previously talked about. Also, a lot of his A moves seem to involve a knife or sword of some kind.

Plus, we get to see Olimar's final smash from beginning to end.. the only other video I saw with it the match ended just as Olimar's ship was landing.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Taken from Smash Boards, which is finally starting to calm down:

UP B ATTACK
--------------------
Fox: fire fox. A charge followed by a flaming dash in the air.

Wolf: seems like a jetpack. NO CHARGE, just a sudden blast in any direction. This is comparable in difference to Luigi's up B and Mario's. Similar, yet different.

B ATTACK
----------------
Fox: blaster. It fires lasers at rapid speed. The lasers are thin and red and travel very fast.

Wolf: TOTALLY different animation. The lasers are nothing like Fox's. In fact, this move is more like Zero Suit Samus's stun gun. This move is actually not a copy of Fox's blaster at all. The animation is different, the effect is very different. This is a new move.

SIDE B ATTACK
---------------
Fox: Fox illusion. A speedy horizontal dash.

Wolf: Has a similar move, except it goes at a slight 25degree angle. This is indeed a "cloned" move.

DOWN B ATTACK
-------------------
Fox: reflector. It's blue and hexagonal. Hits opponents away.

Wolf: DIFFERENT ANIMATION. Red and has blades that fan out on either side. This probably has much greater offensive power, yet nobody has managed to land it at close range yet. Seems unique enough to be considered a new move.

FORWARD SMASH ATTACK
--------------------
Fox: a leaping heel kick in Tae Kwon Do style. Moves Fox forward a bit.

Wolf: DIFFERENT ANIMATION. A lunging palm strike that covers a great deal of horizontal difference and has substantial lag afterwards, yet starts quickly. This is a totally new move, and is like a cross between Captain Falcon's Fsmash and the illusion move.

UP SMASH ATTACK
--------------------
Fox: flip kick. Covers a semi-circle above Fox's head starting in front of him.

Wolf: DIFFERENT ANIMATION. A jumping upside-down dropkick in the Capoera style that hits above him in a single motion, covering a lot more range above him and slightly to the side as his legs spin into position. Once again, massive range and is a totally unique move.

DOWN SMASH ATTACK
------------------
Fox: a split kick that hits on either side of Fox equally. Fast with lag.

Wolf: DIFFERENT ANIMATION. Wolf swipes low with his claws, hitting in front of him first and then behind. A unique move that's similar in element to Link's down smash.

FORWARD TILT ATTACK
------------------------
Fox: does a quick roundhouse kick in front of him in Tae Kwon Do style.

Wolf: DIFFERENT ANIMATION. Wolf claws at the opponent with a swing of his arm. Lots of lag and it seems almost like a smash attack in its speed and power. Once again...a unique move.

-----------------------
And that's all we've seen of Wolf as of yet, however, it's clear that he's not nearly worthy of the same "clone" title as people have been giving him just because of his red landmaster. If you're going to complain about Starfox clones, go whine about Falco. NOT WOLF. credit to some gamefaqs dude

This revelation, combined with the ZSS selectable without a FS news, eliminates about 80% of the whining.

webrunner

Crushed said:

This revelation, combined with the ZSS selectable without a FS news, eliminates about 80% of the whining.

The quote in there about Falco seems to be wrong too.. we dont know the extent of his full moveset yet but Falco definitely has a new move instead of the Reflector. The only other move I know of that's anything like it is Rygar's diskarmor

Crushed

Fry Daddy
webrunner said:
The quote in there about Falco seems to be wrong too.. we dont know the extent of his full moveset yet but Falco definitely has a new move instead of the Reflector. The only other move I know of that's anything like it is Rygar's diskarmor
It does look like the Reflector, only it shoots forward. I don't know if it stays that way or what.

Proven

CoolS said:
Is there a good video of Falcon gameplay? Or can somebody at least confirm the knee?

On the live stream the person played a bit of Falcon's first level in SSE, and accidentally used his Forward+A, which was very clearly the knee. However, part of why it was so easy to identify was because they missed by a mile, and then for some reason never used it ever again.

gimz said:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jAqbx2VMpdo
holy fuck, i love how this stage look
when the platform just raised so quickly

When I first saw that video I thought:
"Bridge, this is Metaknight. Get these mofo's off my ship. Launch the battle platform."

"But Metaknight sir, you're in the way"

"I plan to engage them in close combat myself."

Also, from the live stream last night I can also confirm that has a new Neutral A combo (reminds me of Ivysaur's) and a few Forward Air attack. He's now officially Luigi'd, if anybody still doubted it.

Ya ya ya ya Wolf not a clone.

Okay so he' sa pseudo-clone of sorts but he's gotta be up there as the least-cloney clone ever. From the videos I've seen, his A button attacks are completely different and his specials are... "inspired" by Fox but pretty different too. MUCH more differences in specials than there were between Melee Fox/Falco.

But seriously, totally unique A moves is what does it for me. Yaaaay.

Proven

Crushed said:

WHAT? I've gotta watch that. It sounds like Chaos Control.

Edit: Ugh, that description was totally bad english all over.

I couldn't hear the sound well, but then again, I never bothered to play SA2 in Japanese to find out what the translation for "Chaos Control" was. But I'm 99% sure it was Chaos Control.

For those that haven't played Sonic Adventure 2, Shadow debuted in it being the "Ultimate Life Form" and one of those reasons was Chaos Control, a move he could only use (at first) that required at least one Chaos Emerald in his possession. It literally warps Time and Space, either slowing time down to a near or literal stop for everything but himself (and with his speed being equal to Sonic's, it was pretty much like teleporting to everybody else), or he could use it to warp space by teleporting himself and/or other things and characters.

You didn't actually use Chaos Control as the player, although it played a big role in cutscenes towards the end of the game. The first time you ever could use it yourself in a single player game mode was in Sonic Heroes and then again in Shadow the Hedgehog.

webrunner

Crushed said:
It does look like the Reflector, only it shoots forward. I don't know if it stays that way or what.

It shoots forward and goes back in, like a whip or yoyo move. That it uses the reflector itself to do it really means nothing- otherwise one could say every move that marth, ike, and link have are clones of one basic sword attack.

Some more videos I found on the tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIhZp8vxzU - new Assist Trophy
Shadow the Hedgehog - Chaos Control - slows everyone down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehxL4VGAdGk - Marth's final smash in training mode. 1 hit KO, can hit multiple targets, and has a distance it travels.

Edit: Beaten while eating breakfast! Ces't la vie.

Edit edit: It looks like that, from what we've seen, the only character that actually apparently still has every move in common with it's 'parent' character is Toon Link, but Toon Link has vastly different movements on each move (like the air down A is more like kirby's rock now). If he has his own final smash, then we can officially say that no character has an entire copied moveset from another.

Kletian

Crushed said:

Crushed, you single-handedly made my day. This is the best news in forever. I was happy with just Wolf as a clone, but this pretty much confirms me using him as my main.

Edit: Can we then assume?

Fox: Medium weight, fastest, weakest
Falco: Light weight, Slower (But still fast), Stronger
Wolf: Heavy Weight, Slowest, Strongest

Proven

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TH76CA2UiC0 1:18-1:34
Gulpin is in the game! (It's a pokemon) Only thing that sucks is that it doesn't do anything other than play this other music. Gulpin is known for being a big eater, like Munchlax (although not as much..) so whatever he does probably involves people or an item being in front of him that he can gulp in a flash, as he appears to stay stationary.

Then again, the music could mean that he's a joke pokemon.

Kletian said:
Crushed, you single-handedly made my day. This is the best news in forever. I was happy with just Wolf as a clone, but this pretty much confirms me using him as my main.

Edit: Can we then assume?

Fox: Medium weight, fastest, weakest
Falco: Light weight, Slower (But still fast), Stronger
Wolf: Heavy Weight, Slowest, Strongest

I agree with most of this, with extra evidence going to the way their busters shoot (Fox, fastest, Falco, medium, Wolf, really slow), except for the weight thing. Fox was defined on the Dojo as a light character, which makes me feel he might have been changed to be lighter than Falco, and Falco became the medium weight character. Either way, I need more data that puts their weights in comparison.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
By the way, where are people with TV tuners getting nice 480p screenshots and videos?

4:3 compressed shots and YouTube and NicoNico videos aren't good enough! :mad:

Proven

Gekkonidae said:
Wait, I missed the ZSS news. How do you select her?

As said earlier, GC Controller: R

Classic Controller: R

Wiimote Controller: Minus or "-" button

Wiimote + Nunchuck Controller: Z button

Between the four, it seems to be whatever is the grab/shield button, but I wasn't able to get confirmation if it's any grab/shield button unfortunately. (On all of the controllers, the button defaults to shield, with the exception of the Wiimote, where the button defaults to grab, and the B button is shield).

And tabsina, I agree. It's only a small compensation that I hadn't seen G&W's yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom