• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramenman

Time for some late random joy :

OMG OMG TOON LINK AWESOME WINDWAKER STAGE WITH DRAGON ROOTS ISLAND's AWESOME MUSIC GAAAAHHH.

Is Wind Waker Ganon in it or what ?

Edit : Wait what ? No classy art style mix ? Toon link isn't Cell-shaded ?

Not too sure I'm happy now.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
List of stages (updated)

1. Delfino Plaza
2. Mushroomy Kingdom
3. Mario Bros.
4. Luigi's Mansion
5. Rainbow Cruise
6. Mario Circuit
7. Bridge of Eldin
8. Tetra's Ship
9. Hyrule Temple
10. Port Town
11. Big Blue
12. Rumble Falls
13. Warioware
14. Yoshi's Island
15. Yoshi's Island (Melee)
16. Smashville
17. Battlefield
18. Final Destination
19. Onett
20. New Pork City
21. Skyworld
22. Distant Planet
23. Pictochat
24. Electroplankton
25. Corneria
26. Lylat Cruise
27. Green Hill Zone
28. Shadow Moses Island
29. Castle Seige
30. Brinstar
31. Norfair
32. Frigate Orpheon
33. Pokemon Stadium 2
34. Spear Pillar
35. Battleship Halberd
36. The Summit
37. Pokemon Stadium
38. Jungle Garden
39. Game & Watch

39 so far

J_Sensei

If they haven't nerfed Jiggy's sleep ching, he could be quite formidable this time around. I had a friend that was REALLY good with the rolling attack too. Toss in a pretty decent looking FS, and you've got a beast on your hands.

CBal2424 said:
I just wanna see greenhill zone

I honestly cannot believe there are not a ton of videos of this up. Not just because I expect some charitable Japanese player to think, "Oh hey, people probably want to know what this is like," but because HOYLE CARPS IT'S GREEN HILL ZONE. You'd think one of the people recording themselves just playing would have stumbled into it by now.

webrunner

Wii said:
Why hasn't anyone started ripping the music?!

Maybe because it'd take absolutely forever? I dunno, but if I saw that I had over five hours (without anything unlocked) of music to rip, I'd probably rather by playing.

NotWii

Banned
webrunner said:
Maybe because it'd take absolutely forever? I dunno, but if I saw that I had over five hours (without anything unlocked) of music to rip, I'd probably rather by playing.
Duh :p
It was a rhetorical question

Insaniac said:

Jigg's Final is one of my favorite's so far. Awesome.

Vid also confirms that Ganon's cloned Falcon Punch and Falcon Kick moves have remained intact. Hopefully they got a bit of a visual makeover like his up+B did, it's hard to tell from the video quality. Ahhh well.

Also, watching the Wolf videos, seems like he howls during some of his moves! I mean he is a wolf but still awesome.

Proven

HK-47 said:
Also in case anyone didnt realize, Marth's FS is his critical animation from FE

Oh! That's what it is. Really cool. Now the random bars that pop up make sense (They were the HP bars from Fire Emblem, and since most criticals usually meant a 1-hit KO...)

HK-47 said:
One thing to notice is that when Olimar dies all the Pikmin he had turn into Pikmin spirits

Pikmin don't turn into spirits. They die. Pikmin don't have graves, you know.

It still brings a tiny shiver down my spine hearing mass Pikmin genocide...

EvilMario said:
Indeed, ROB's impressive jumping during Mario's Final Smash is quite a sight to behold. Is he suppose to be incredibly lite, or something?

Nope, extremely heavy, but packing useful equipment. Reminds me of Mario Kart DS.

zaccheus said:
wtf strawhat jiggly

MUGIWARA PUFFY

:lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Proven said:
Oh! That's what it is. Really cool. Now the random bars that pop up make sense (They were the HP bars from Fire Emblem, and since most criticals usually meant a 1-hit KO...)

Pikmin don't turn into spirits. They die. Pikmin don't have grave, you know.

It still brings a tiny shiver down my spine hearing mass Pikmin genocide...

Nope, extremely heavy, but packing useful equipment. Reminds me of Mario Kart DS.

They turn into those little ghosts

HK-47 said:
List of stages (updated)

1. Delfino Plaza
2. Mushroomy Kingdom
3. Mario Bros.
4. Luigi's Mansion
5. Rainbow Cruise
6. Mario Circuit
7. Bridge of Eldin
8. Tetra's Ship
9. Hyrule Temple
10. Port Town
11. Big Blue
12. Rumble Falls
13. Warioware
14. Yoshi's Island
15. Yoshi's Island (Melee)
16. Smashville
17. Battlefield
18. Final Destination
19. Onett
20. New Pork City
21. Skyworld
22. Distant Planet
23. Pictochat
24. Electroplankton
25. Corneria
26. Lylat Cruise
27. Green Hill Zone
28. Shadow Moses Island
29. Castle Seige
30. Brinstar
31. Norfair
32. Frigate Orpheon
33. Pokemon Stadium 2
34. Spear Pillar
35. Battleship Halberd
36. The Summit
37. Pokemon Stadium
38. Jungle Garden

38 so far
List is missing Flat Zone 2 [haven't found footage, but you can see it in the bottom row at 0:05 here and more clearly in this image ]. Also heard that Green Greens from Melee is in, but I can't back that up.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
FallenAngelV said:
List is missing Flat Zone 2 [haven't found footage, but you can see it in the bottom row at 0:05 here and more clearly in this image ]. Also heard that Green Greens from Melee is in, but I can't back that up.

Holy lol, ROB throws Gyromite discs

Also added Game & Watch

Proven

HK-47 said:
They turn into those little ghosts

...you don't get it.

Oh, and I know I'm no longer as wise as I once was to pokemon knowledge, so does anyone have any idea at all of what move Jiggly's Final Smash is based off, or did they just feel like inflating her like a giant blimp that hurts people?

Rindain

Banned
BrodiemanTTR said:
I honestly cannot believe there are not a ton of videos of this up. Not just because I expect some charitable Japanese player to think, "Oh hey, people probably want to know what this is like," but because HOYLE CARPS IT'S GREEN HILL ZONE. You'd think one of the people recording themselves just playing would have stumbled into it by now.
Yeah, tell me about it. It's equally odd that we haven't seen Mushroomy Kingdom (either 1-1 or 1-2) in action.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Proven said:
...you don't get it.

Oh, and I know I'm no longer as wise as I once was to pokemon knowledge, so does anyone have any idea at all of what move Jiggly's Final Smash is based off, or did they just feel like inflating her like a giant blimp that hurts people?

She's the Balloon Pokemon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cNl0PljSB8&feature=user

Ganon in training mode showing off all specials one by one. Seems they DID all get some visual changes but otherwise they're mostly intact.

-Side B saw the most changes, it's a weird sort of grab now.
-Looks like Up B still grabs just like in Melee if you're close enough, but other videos show it has a punch at the end. Sounds like a nice upgrade that Ganon's recovery desperately needed.
-Down B... looks a bit different but mostly the same. Falcon kick!
-Neutral B still giant punch, but maybe a bit faster than before?

Cynar

Rindain said:
Yeah, tell me about it. It's equally odd that we haven't seen Mushroomy Kingdom (either 1-1 or 1-2) in action.

There's video of it out there. :) Search this thread, saw it on youtube sometime yesterday.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
WastingPenguins said:

Ganon in training mode showing off all specials one by one. Seems they DID all get some visual changes but otherwise they're mostly intact.

-Looks like Up B still grabs just like in Melee if you're close enough, but other videos show it has a punch at the end. Sounds like a nice upgrade that Ganon's recovery desperately needed.

Nice. i knew Ganon's FS was a clone of Falcon's

Insaniac

WastingPenguins said:

yeah, they've definitely changed his animations to make his moves fit ganondorf's style more. His FS seems different from CF slightly...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Klodd

Actually, this guys got some other great videos too! Lucario and Rob in training mode showing off all their moves. Check em out.

Lucario looks amazing. Great reimagining of the Mewtwo framework. Totally unique karate-style standards attacks, Energy ball is way better than Mewtwo's, and his other quick movement specials are pretty cool too.

ROB... Rob looks great! Very unique playstyle with some crazy looking moves (the one where he spins around is awesome!) Plus he's got a VERY weird projectile. It's one of those weird spinny disc things that the original NES peripheral moved around. Overall I can't believe people are disappointed in such a cool and unique new character. Pro ROB players are gonna be something crazy and fun to watch.

A word on Game & Watch... wow, he's got some definite buffs here. His Up+B is just crazy and turns into the parachute... but the awesome part is that you can do any aerial attacks right out of the 'chute! If you remember correctly before his old Up+B just popped him up and then left him to fall helplessly to the ground. This adds an awesome new aerial combo element to his arsenal. Seriously this is huge. Plus his new d-air is awesome, it works like Toon Link's new down thrust rocketing him down real fast. Cool! His shield looks a lot better too, hopefully he's a bit heavier. Roll still sucks horribly but overall he looks great! Can't wait to try him out, he was one of my Melee favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom