• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl *SPOILERS**SPOILERS**SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Zek said:
Oh my god, Luigi is the greatest character.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LckvnqXmujc

Witness his Final Smash and know true despair.

That's got to be fake.

Everyone knows Luigi's Final Smash is the Landmaster.

(By the way, what was wrong with the Lucas player in that video? Not only does he completely waste his opportunity to use PK Starstorm and messes up his recovery after he loses the Smash Ball, but he tries to PK Freeze Luigi in Sudden Death and leaves himself totally open)

masterkajo

Iam Canadian said:
That's got to be fake.

Everyone knows Luigi's Final Smash is the Landmaster.

(By the way, what was wrong with the Lucas player in that video? Not only does he completely waste his opportunity to use PK Starstorm and messes up his recovery after he loses the Smash Ball, but he tries to PK Freeze Luigi in Sudden Death and leaves himself totally open)
Yes.

And right, Lucas player is not the smartest it seems. But what to you expect from P3?

Fireblend

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
Seriously, I was all excited for seeing PK Starstorm and the player completely missed the chance :lol @ PK-Freeze in Sudden Death.

Gaborn

So, in this huge thread did we ever establish what happens if Kirby takes Olimar's ability? can he control the Pikmin at all? do they just randomly wreak havoc?

Iam Canadian

In another video, it looked like you can do 1v1s with anyone. It gives you the option to press start to begin the match after connecting with just one player, so it looks like you can do 1v1 that way.

yay! what i wanted: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3165726

Online Modes:

1: Mostly lag free. We played three matches and only one had any sort of lag at all. It felt like we were playing with people in the same room.

2: There are two modes available online -- Random Battle and Friend mode. The options and game modes vary for each of them. Friend mode has Home Run Derby (described below in its own section), Team 100 Man Brawl, and Regular Brawl. Random Battle has Regular Brawl and Team Battle only.

3: You can only edit rule sets in Friend mode, which lets you set handicaps, time limits, damage ratios, set the game as a coin battle, and more.

4: In either mode you can edit items, changing which items appear and their frequency.

5: You can play with up to three people on the same Wii online.

;D

I'm getting tired of this Landmaster stuff. It's like every other post must contain Landmaster because everyone has one. Well if everyone has a Landmaster then how can the Landmaster be so awesome eh? Landmaster.

Firestorm

I FOUND CHARMANDER

w8al1k.jpg

Iam Canadian

Scalpel Knight said:
I'm getting tired of this Landmaster stuff. It's like every other post must contain Landmaster because everyone has one. Well if everyone has a Landmaster then how can the Landmaster be so awesome eh? Landmaster.

There's really no such thing as too much of a good thing. The Landmaster proves this. There aren't enough Landmasters in the world.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
3: You can only edit rule sets in Friend mode, which lets you set handicaps, time limits, damage ratios, set the game as a coin battle, and more.

Please do not tell me this means you can only play stock matches in friends mode?!?!

No random online stock matches???? :( :(

Firestorm

4: In either mode you can edit items, changing which items appear and their frequency.

5: You can play with up to three people on the same Wii online.

=D

5: You cannot use created stages in the online mode.

Looks like we definitely need Dreamland 64 officially now.

1: Pictures taken in game can be saved on an SD card, but are encrypted and, as of right now, can't be viewed on a PC. Same goes for replays.

Goddammit Nintendo.

3: As announced, the game comes with demos of the different classic games all the characters hail from. When playing a demo, you are kicked out of the game completely; you need to go back to the Wii's main menu to end the demo and restart playing Smash.

That is not a good way of doing things

TreIII

I still find it remotely amusing that, with all this hoopla over how the Furries share the same FS, no one is getting on how a number of the other FSes are fundamentally similar in other cases too.

Ness & Lucas share seemingly the same exact super.

Sonic and Pikachu's are basically the same thing; fly around and spam your invulnerability to literally tackle people out the ring. Yoshi could probably be in this same camp, except he relies more on projectiles to do the job instead of physically attacking.

Bowser and Ganondorf transform into their more "beastly" forms and wreck shit.

Falcon's can be basically be described as "personalized" Dragoon.

And I'm sure there will probably be viable comparisons as I more people play the game. So, why is the Landmaster the only one coming under fire, so far? :lol

masterkajo

OMG!! I can't believe it but it was right in front of us all the time.

Look when you take Super Smash Bros. Brawl and rearange it a bit, get rid of some characters and change some others you get: Landmaster!

We could have know like a year ago... stupid me!!

webrunner

TreIII said:
I still find it remotely amusing that, with all this hoopla over how the Furries share the same FS, no one is getting on how a number of the other FSes are fundamentally similar in other cases too.

Sonic and Pikachu's are basically the same thing; fly around and spam your invulnerability to literally tackle people out the ring. Yoshi could probably be in this same camp, except he relies more on projectiles to do the job instead of physically attacking.

And I'm sure there will probably be viable comparisons as I more people play the game. So, why is the Landmaster the only one coming under fire, so far? :lol

Every example you've given have significant differences. I hear Ness's Starstorm homes, for instance.

But it looks like every landmaster is a landmaster landmaster

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TreIII said:

Cause three people have it with seemingly no varaition

Also Falcon's and Ganon's are the same

Firestorm

TreIII said:

Same reason clones are under fire. Visuals is all that people look at.

webrunner

HK-47 said:
Cause three people have it with seemingly no varaition

Also Falcon's and Ganon's are the same

Do we have proof of that? I was wondering if Ganon's was actually just going to be him rushing across the stage with similar effects to Falcon's, just with a different model, but I haven't seen anything but two still shots (and one seemingly was at a camera angle that never would come up with Falcon)

SuperAndroid17 said:
Landmaster meme was never funny.
It is if you're a landmaster

slayn

needs to show more effort.
webrunner said:
You're the one who said that there wasn't a line between clones and non clones, and I was just informing you that the game specifies one quite clearly.

Anyway, regarding the whole clone thing: look at TLink's new aerial down A. Functionally, it's more of a clone of Kirby's stone then it is of regular Link's aerial down A.

And my point is that you are merely making a semantic distinction. When people bitch about clones, what they mean is 'characters I personally consider to be too similar for my liking.' Which is a completely subjective thing, and cannot be 'wrong.' Clone is merely a useful word because it is short and commonly used. And trying to argue over the semantic meaning of the word 'clone' is pointless.

If someone believe mario and luigi are clones, you aren't somehow going to prove them wrong by going over the details of their moves. As I said, I loved gannandorf and could not stand captain falcon in ssbm. They play entirely differently. I still call them clones.

Malfunky

Firestorm said:
1: Pictures taken in game can be saved on an SD card, but are encrypted and, as of right now, can't be viewed on a PC. Same goes for replays

This needs clarification, though. It was obvious they wouldn't be able to be viewed on a PC, but what we need to know is if they be transferred from SD card to PC to SD card, so that we can publish them on the internet. Need know now!

SuperAndroid17 said:
Landmaster meme was never funny.

Seriously, this place never ceases to amaze. That "this is GAF, dude" image would be appropriate right now.

As I said before though, all this complaining is actually a good thing on my end as I get to see who the real whiners are. Game is a godsend for most gamers, so watching some people whine about whatever just gives me heads up about what kind of character is behind the avatar.

That being said, crushed insanity makes me laugh almost 100% of the time!

Firestorm

Malfunky said:
This needs clarification, though. It was obvious they wouldn't be able to be viewed on a PC, but what we need to know is if they be transferred from SD card to PC to SD card, so that we can publish them on the internet. Need know now!

Oh right that'd be pretty cool. Also need to know if we can send it to email addresses registered as friends. Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom