• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

Beckx

So Ono is staying for Comic Con, and Capcom will be there, right?

Any chance they announce the 5th character? Or is it just all Ducktales, all the time.

Whats up guys.

Play SSF4 now and then. Still way below average but I enjoy playing on Xbox Live.

Was wondering if its worth picking up the digital version of SSF4AE?

Like I said I have SSF4, but it would be so much handier to just have no need to switch disks all the time.

The complete AE digital game is €15
Just the upgrade for my SSF4 disc is €14.50

Is AE worth it for a fairly casual player like me? As in are there much differences, higher player pop. etc?

Thanks.

Devined

Whats up guys.

Play SSF4 now and then. Still way below average but I enjoy playing on Xbox Live.

Was wondering if its worth picking up the digital version of SSF4AE?

Like I said I have SSF4, but it would be so much handier to just have no need to switch disks all the time.

The complete AE digital game is €15
Just the upgrade for my SSF4 disc is €14.50

Is AE worth it for a fairly casual player like me? As in are there much differences, higher player pop. etc?

Thanks.

Pretty much everyone is playing AE, so you'll be able to find more matches. The game is also more balanced as they tuned characters in AE, but there are still some broken ones (Cammy). It is worth it to pick up the digital version, which will also give you the option to upgrade to Ultra SF4 when it comes out next year.

Mœbius

Cross posting this from the Ultra thread...

Tweet from UltraDavid (and replies from Magus and another) about the new system change in Ultra. No actual clue as to what it is, but clearly some people already know...

David Philip Graham ‏@ultradavid
Just remembered I talked w Ono after SF4 top 8, I remember thinking what he said was of note but... I don't entirely recall what it was lol

Andry Kane ‏@Magus1234
@ultradavid LOL, you guys asked about 2 ultras he didn't say much, but that a system change was going to be in place.

David Philip Graham ‏@ultradavid
@Magus1234 oh yeah the system change, he said there was gonna be some new system but wouldn't elaborate. Thanks for the puzzle piece

Love RTDavis ‏@GaspoweR 3m
@ultradavid @Magus1234 well someone who went to the panel already knows what it is since he talked with someone you BOTH KNOW personally.

Love RTDavis ‏@GaspoweR 1m
@ultradavid @Magus1234 although he did mention that he is sworn to secrecy as well.​

https://twitter.com/ultradavid/status/357208919791255552

Pretty much everyone is playing AE, so you'll be able to find more matches. The game is also more balanced as they tuned characters in AE, but there are still some broken ones (Cammy). It is worth it to pick up the digital version, which will also give you the option to upgrade to Ultra SF4 when it comes out next year.

If I upgrade to Ultra, will I get all the DLC too? Or is that only retail?

Also when is Ultra coming out?

Sorry for all the questions...

Beckx

From what I remember reading, the 5th character won't be revealed until months down the road.

Thanks guys. Wonder how they will fill that time.

Cross posting this from the Ultra thread...

Tweet from UltraDavid (and replies from Magus and another) about the new system change in Ultra. No actual clue as to what it is, but clearly some people already know...

Yeah, MetalMusicMan tweeted that ComboFiend had told him about system changes but swore him to secrecy. I wonder how long they'll try to keep all that under wraps.

Kioshen

Yeah, they're all there. You just have to search for them.

Thanks. I'll give you the cpm instead of the others ones.

Damn, that was your day 1 Ken?

*goes into the corner to cry*

Well he's a shoto so I just applied my fundamentals and branched out from there. I knew about his kara throw but that was about it. I pushed buttons to see what they did and improvised very basic combos. Tried my best to play a basic footsie game against cHaotix but that didn't work out too well.

Speaking of which, it was very apparent who had his frame traps down in that Cody mirror lol.

Yeah I have one here :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9971cVd3-gA

Greg's winner's finals pool match is somewhere in the srkevo1 archive from day 1

lol, that video never gets old :D

Didn't you watch the main stream?

I saw that match. But just wondering if there were any casuals with some prominent tourney players.

watching that ken player block that ex sky high claw brought a smile to my face. I always get hit by that move whenever I played Greg and it made me RAAAGE, lol

Arklite

Random question, has anyone downloaded the full version of this game from PSN and run into insufficient storage messages? I have 49 gigs free and it tells me I don't have enough room for the 18 gig download.

Beckx

Yup, I already have it. Binded and all. Do you have AE on PC Backx?(Can play on PSN too) I've still yet to play you in SF4, only P4A

I am on PSN (Beckx) and occassionally (though way less often unless Kalamari drags me) on 360. Hoping to be on tonight.

Haha, now I'm going to have nightmares about P4A gaf ranbats.

Onemic

I am on PSN (Beckx) and occassionally (though way less often unless Kalamari drags me) on 360. Hoping to be on tonight.

Haha, now I'm going to have nightmares about P4A gaf ranbats.

I'm not even close to being as good in this game than in P4A, so you don't gotta worry about any crazy shennanigans from me, specially since I'm picking up Makoto again.

I know its nothing to the killers on this board but using Ryu I landed both a simple link combo (jhp clp clp x srk) and an FADC to ultra in a single round.

Leveling up my scrubbiness one wake up SRK at a time :p feelsgoodman.jpeg

If you're having trouble with the cr.lp cr.mp link, just try doing cr.lk cr.lp shoryuken. The link is 1 frame easier (3 frame link instead of 2), so maybe it's better to start with. The damage difference isn't a big deal if you're just starting out.
Edit: Or, you can do cr.lp cr.lp shoryuken. If you time your cr.lp correctly, you have a chance of linking the second cr.lp which lets you cancel it into shoryuken. If not, cr.lp shoryuken is still a 3 frame link.

Any other beginner Ryu link combo recommendations?

Kioshen

Well I got dc'ed for some reason. I guess that's what happened. Dear lord long distance lag plus the lamest Seth I've ever seen makes for a really frustrating match Q lol.

Top Bottom