• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

OceanBlue

Good games guys. It seems I still really need to work on my Sakura (and work on not being bad lol). :(

I can't believe I couldn't anti-air Gen. I also can't believe I guessed wrong on almost every single mixup. D:

About the tournament with the prize being USF4. Would most people prefer 1 day tournaments or something longer like GAFbats? GAFbats is great and all, but lets be real, people are going to miss matches or drop out like they always do. Schedules conflict and some people are just never on when they're opponent is on and vice versa. But GAFbats would allow us to extend this over the course of several months compared to a single day. Day one tournaments are much more convenient, but they're over in a heart beat. Honestly I'd prefer one day tournament to settle this, I'm just wondering what you guys think?

If we did go with a 1 day tourney though it wouldn't take place for probably another 6 months lol. I mean winning now and waiting till maybe February to claim your prize doesn't sound too exciting. I'd prefer for the tourney to take place just a week or two before USF4 is released so their is more excitement and anticipation from everybody.

Also would you guys rather just play for real or do random select like last time? Myself personally I'd prefer the tourney be random select so that luck plays a factor on who the winner is. I don't mean to be a asshole but many of us have a good idea of who can beat who around here and I feel like it would be too much of a forgone conclusion on who the most likely to win are if we all just picked our real stuff. That's why I prefer random select or some other goofy idea no fierce punch or you can't use a certain special move.

Anyways all suggestions are welcomed. And with that said, it looks like OT5 should be happening pretty soon, sooner then I thought it would. Which is a good thing because it was slower around here this time last year.

1 day, random.

i'm getting back on the grind and just playing a bunch of ranked. gonna play less marvel and get back to making this my main game once again.

Beckx

Ono is twetting a lot this morning. Nothing earth shattering. Sven "ordered" Capcom to consider a deeper story mode for SF games ("we'll try it in some future"), EX characters are hard to bring over (obviously), Championship Mode not returning, etc.

Venfayth

Ono is twetting a lot this morning. Nothing earth shattering. Sven "ordered" Capcom to consider a deeper story mode for SF games ("we'll try it in some future"), EX characters are hard to bring over (obviously), Championship Mode not returning, etc.

:[

Nakazato

xCobalt

finally getting back into this, any stick recs?

i'm kinda broke because of school so I can't drop more than a hundred or so.

Not sure if they're out of stock but Madcatz usually has their soul calibur sticks on sale for $80. Check back mid-august when Summer Jam is going on.

Roche

I feel like I've drastically improved at this game in the course of a couple of days. It's weird two weeks ago I stopped playing for a while and contemplated switching up from using Ibuki as my main, it seemed like I wasn't getting any better.

Now though I'm consistently beating people I would have lost too not too long ago, I'm pretty happy with how it's going now and really hyped for Ultra. I think it's because I decided to actually look into improving my fundamentals, it really makes a huge difference when learning to play.

Anyone want to play on PC tonight, I finally got some time. Let me know and I'll jump on, I'll just keep checking on this thread.

RiceEater828

Onemic

So are sticks really necessary? To be fair Ive never used one.

Are there any distinct advantages? Everyone at Evo seemed to be using them...

For me, I could never play fighters seriously because pads hurt my thumbs. It's part of the reason why I sold SF4 about a year after it's release. When I switched to stick, I found that on top of me being able to play for endless amount of hours with no strain on my thumbs, certain things like SRK's were infinitely easier on stick. Advanced techniques like plinking also seem to be much more suited to pad than playing on stick. Not to mention certain legacy titles(if you're into old school fighting games) are much more friendly to stick users than pad users.(ie Vampire Savior)

If you have no problems playing on pad, stick with it. It all comes down to personal preference. I personally believe that stick is the better option, especially if you're just starting out simply because of the range of titles you can enjoy that are generally suited towards stick players(the obvious exception being 3D fighters) and there are certain techniques that will just be easier to perform on stick than on pad. There are pros that use pad and are quite effective though. With practice you can become good at any type of input device. If you're interested in stick I suggest buying an SCV stick as I believe those are currently on sale for only 80 bucks and are pretty good.

Top Bottom