• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Any Dudley players find Rose frustrating to fight? I can't gain any ground on her with her slides and spirals, I'm scared as shit of even focusing around her. What should I be doing?

*goes to SF4tube

Imm0rt4l said:
Any Dudley players find Rose frustrating to fight? I can't gain any ground on her with her slides and spirals, I'm scared as shit of even focusing around her. What should I be doing?

*goes to SF4tube

I feel you man. As a Guy player....fighting Rose is really tough. Her frame traps can just totally lock you down.

edit - just wanna add, Rose is so boooorring and lame

Imm0rt4l

BotoxAgent said:
I feel you man. As a Guy player....fighting Rose is really tough. Her frame traps can just totally lock you down.

edit - just wanna add, Rose is so boooorring and lame

yea she really is, I guess I gotta use it as blocking practice. She has a pretty deceptively far throw too. In the event you can rush that shit down, it's already time for her to activate, and the momentums gone or shifted entirely.

cHaotix8

Imm0rt4l said:

*goes to SF4tube
It's a pretty lame match in Super. The beast you can hope for is getting a stun before she has a chance to activate her ultra, then hit her with a reset for the kill.

Getting in is the hard part. If they can't anti air you just jump in and get that free pressure. If she does anti air then things are harder. I try to whiff punish her ranged kicks with st. RH xx EX MGB and hit her with cr. MP xx LP MG when she walks forward. You can't focus because of her spiral and she can mash that low strong pretty freely.

If you get a knockdown mid stage, go for a meaty forward fierece to beat her backdash. In the corner without meter she's free but with it, meaty short will recover before her ex spiral.

I use U1 in this matchup btw. Hope this helps.

Edit: oh yeah, after slide, hit her with dat short swing blow.

Imm0rt4l

cHaotix8 said:
It's a pretty lame match in Super. The beast you can hope for is getting a stun before she has a chance to activate her ultra, then hit her with a reset for the kill.

Getting in is the hard part. If they can't anti air you just jump in and get that free pressure. If she does anti air then things are harder. I try to whiff punish her ranged kicks with st. RH xx EX MGB and hit her with cr. MP xx LP MG when she walks forward. You can't focus because of her spiral and she can mash that low strong pretty freely.

If you get a knockdown mid stage, go for a meaty forward fierece to beat her backdash. In the corner without meter she's free but with it, meaty short will recover before her ex spiral.

I use U1 in this matchup btw. Hope this helps

Yea this is what defines how much of a bitch it'll be to get in, the rose player I've been going against makes good use of cr. fierce. Thanks for the tips, I've been in the habit of using forward fierce to blow up backdash but I'm trying to make more use of mgb OS on my opponents wakeup, thought I've always preferred forward fierce. I haven't put it in habit to os tech with rh, maybe that might help.

cHaotix8

Imm0rt4l said:
Yea this is what defines whether or not I'ma have to really work to get in, the rose player I've been going against makes good use of cr. fierce. Thanks for the tips, I've been in the habit of using forward fierce to blow up backdash but I'm trying to make more use of mgb OS on my opponents wakeup, thought I've always preferred forward fierce. I haven't put it in habit to os tech with rh, maybe that might help.
What are OSing her back dash with? I THINK there was one with mp MGB that I came across a wfile ago but for the most part you have to guess. I came up with one if she focus xx backdashes though.

Imm0rt4l

cHaotix8 said:
What are OSing her back dash with? I THINK there was one with mp MGB that I came across a wfile ago but for the most part you have to guess. I came up with one if she focus xx backdashes though.
I've only used it a few times, I haven't really put it into practice as I don't meaty with f. mk much. I prefer meaty fierce. Basically it's a meaty f.mk with a buffered mgb. If the f.mk hit/is blocked then nothing happens, but if opponent backdashes then machine gun blow comes out. Naturally you'd only use this on some opponents/characters and have to pay attention to meter and whatnot. My oki game isn't the greatest at the moment.

hitsugi

Rose is indeed dull, but for some reason I've never had a hard time with her using Guy.. Just have to lame it out and pray the one knock down you get lasts you the rest of the round.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Remember how everybody complained how Honda sucks in vanilla compared to HDR/ST? Then jab/hands was discovered and that damage.

Honda was always one of my mains. I rarely use him since it's so easy to play him. EX headbutt is too good.

Joekage

I just bingo through soul spiral. Easy. Whiff punish her slide with low short into ruffian, don't jump, if she jumps at me, hit her with DA BOOT or Ruffian, or if she's close distance back strong. Then when she activates ultra, get the hell out of there and just block her silly little mixup. After the orbs get done revolving RTSD. For backdash OS st lk into ex ruffian or st strong into ex ruffian since it's the only one with enough reach to actually hit her.

So moral of the story is, use Cody :)

Wiseblade

Played AE again today, this time against other human beings!

• Yun and Yang can go and die in a fire.
  • "2 sticks, 1 cab" and chairs too tall for the arcade makes for an uncomfortable playing experience.
  • There are a lot of Guy players in London all of a sudden...
  • Ibukis too.
  • Shower Kick shenanigans are still in!
  • Why does Fuerte get so much hate?

Wwah wah honda wah wah.

Honda's very hard to play correctly. Scrub bustin character sounds about right. If you're bad, he's going to make you look REALLY bad. Also Jab xx hands is one of the hardest things to get consistently. Arthur's the only person in the world I've seen get it every single time. Every other honda (ross, jewelman, cen, etc. etc.) gets jab xx ex hands too frequently and don't use it as much as arthur does either.

Joekage

FindMyFarms said:
Wwah wah honda wah wah.

Honda's very hard to play correctly. Scrub bustin character sounds about right. If you're bad, he's going to make you look REALLY bad. Also Jab xx hands is one of the hardest things to get consistently. Arthur's the only person in the world I've seen get it every single time. Every other honda (ross, jewelman, cen, etc. etc.) gets jab xx ex hands too frequently and don't use it as much as arthur does either.

Yo tell Arthur he's trash but yeah, Honda doesn't give me as much trouble as before because I have a gameplan against him. Too many people just try their standard shit against him without thinking of the actual plan of action their character is best suited to against Honda. I used to try to rush Honda down like any other character but quickly realized, that's only going to get me bodied even faster. Just think of a gameplan and execute it and make Honda adhere to your playstyle rather than his.

That said, fuck Honda and I legitimately have a problem with his jump strong. Lost in the last tournament to Arthur due to that bullshit :(. But I did mess up my ruffian and got sweep, so I ain't salty at Honda, I'm salty at dat Cody and dat execution on dat ruffian. yo ugh.

FindMyFarms said:
Wwah wah honda wah wah.

Dru hits is really frequently too... :(

But still, honda can go die in a fire.

Wiseblade

dragonballjoseph said:
Dru hits is really frequently too... :(

But still, honda can go die in a fire.
He did.

ssfiv_arcade_edition.jpg

If no one does it by the some time tomorrow, Ill throw you an invite. I would right now, but I'm at work, and since Sony won't give us a PSN app yet for Android...yeah :^/

I popped in SFIV to see if I still suck at it (I Do.) and I was again appalled at the ugly inside cover art

SFIV_XBOX_Inside_Cover_Art_by_chrislie.jpg

The guy is talented, no doubt, but those characters look nothing like what they should. Viper looks like a Ladyboy. Abel looks like his mom drank while he was in the womb. Honda has lego-sized yellow choppers. Zangief is imitating RE3 Nemesis I suppose with that mouth. Chun Li looks like she was given a dirty sanchez (probably needs a higher res pic so you could see). Rufus looks like the archetype of a gay bear biker. I think im done.

Any ETA on when the AE DLC is coming?

hitsugi

AE Guy is so god damn nice..

really no point in bothering with super anymore D: I wish they'd at least give us a concrete date or something. I suppose I'll be hopping on the MVC3 wagon; it'll definitely be different than when I had imported MVC2 over 10 years ago to get it a few months early

gutabo

FindMyFarms said:
Wwah wah honda wah wah.
Amen brother. Honda hits like a tank but also moves like one. Loses to fireballs, to runaway, to keepaway, to dive kicks, to option selects and to people that knows the matchup. If you let him have super without baiting some ex headbutts it's your fault(yeah, you don't have to make the same blockstring everytime, you know). Big hands combos are character specific(also require the opponent to be standing or crouching) or have to do with a 1 frame link(with no plinking possible, just like back in the day) which unless you're playing offline on a crt you'll miss more often than not. So, yeah, scrub bustin character.

vissione

Banned
Took my turn after NeoUltima left to get bodied by Duelist in a long stretch of matches... ggs man. I think I won like 12 or something, but I know that in AE I would just be cursing at the game... :lol

I'm probably gonna just main rog till the end of time!

Duelist

vissione said:
Took my turn after NeoUltima left to get bodied by Duelist in a long stretch of matches... ggs man. I think I won like 12 or something, but I know that in AE I would just be cursing at the game... :lol

I'm probably gonna just main rog till the end of time!

How are you even typing this with blurry vision? Go to sleep! Lmfao.

Yeah, t'was some ggs. Hell of a marathon. I can't wait for AE. 5 frame st.mk = I'll more than likely never miss my bnb again and faster cr.lk for that other combo.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I'd rather fight DBJ's Dictator with Makoto than his Sak. Mak is probably a good match for Dictator but I don't think it's that bad.

Rose I don't have many problems with.

I still think Akuma and Cammy are Makoto's worst matches.

chriskun said:
Thank you, I think the only reason why people have a hard time playing honda is because they dont know how easy it is to deal with him. Im sort of going off on a limb here, but I think there would be way more people that play him if he was so good.

I don't think he's a bad character or anything. He's good. Probably not the best in the game or anything, but he's up there. But like a lot of characters, he has weaknesses and holes you can take advantage of even if you're not using a character that beats him.

Unless you're using Viper.

vixlar

Wiseblade said:
Played AE again today, this time against other human beings!

• Why does Fuerte get so much hate?

First you criticize our cars and now yo hate our characters... RACISM!!!

(TopGear reference)

_dementia said:
How are you liking it?
It's pretty much amazing. The only real negative is that the factory color settings are kinda bad for serious design work but that can be fixed. I got it on a huge sale for like 280 bucks a couple years ago, too.

There's only one hdmi and vga port, so I wound up getting a splitter, but for a monitor of this size at the price I got it I can't complain.

edit: beware the factory brightness. This thing will illuminate the Mariana Trench. I kid you not, my brightness setting is at 8. out of 100.

God's Beard said:
It's pretty much amazing. The only real negative is that the factory color settings are kinda bad for serious design work but that can be fixed. I got it on a huge sale for like 280 bucks a couple years ago, too.

There's only one hdmi and vga port, so I wound up getting a splitter, but for a monitor of this size at the price I got it I can't complain.

edit: beware the factory brightness. This thing will illuminate the Mariana Trench. I kid you not, my brightness setting is at 8. out of 100.
Any lag tests?

It sounds awesome. I really can't swing something that expensive at the moment though. :/

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
God's Beard said:
basically anything under 5ms is going to be lag-free.
NO!

You're confusing response time with input lag, aren't you? They have little to do with each other. One describes pixels changing from one color to another while the other describes the delay between signal and actual display.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
God's Beard said:
Am I? I'm not well-versed in this stuff. How do I know for sure?
Monitor and TV manufacturers do not publish input lag data, so you need to turn to independent testing. From a quick search, though, your specific monitor happens to do very well.

Mainly what a fast response time gives you is less ghosting when things move.

I just made the sickest T-Shirt design.

PJDEw.png

Hitokage said:
Monitor and TV manufacturers do not publish input lag data, so you need to turn to independent testing. From a quick search, though, your specific monitor happens to do very well.

Mainly what a fast response time gives you is less ghosting when things move.

Ok, good to know. Glad my monitor is fine.

AkumaHokoru said:
you can tech out of these...easily.

And nobody runs 3 screens away from a fireball. It's a combo gif. As long as the counter keeps going, it counts. I was just trying to make a Jojo character look like Dudley.

By the way, is Jojo the only game that lets you tech out of juggles? Given how insane the ground combos are in the game, the fact that juggles are so limited is strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom