• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
Nope :/
I guess a mod did it. I didn't notice until now because I browse GAF with images off at work.
I thought you did that too since you said you wanted it for an avatar in the sf x tekken thread.

rivals

jlai said:
The usual group of us that hang out in the GAF IRC channel still play pretty regularly.. myself, saty, dbj, eva, rbrogue, threi, vex, greg, kak, etc.

What network/channel name for the IRC room? I'd join the PSN room but I don't keep a keyboard near it and there's no way I'm going to deal with trying to type using the controller.

Imm0rt4l

rivals said:
What network/channel name for the IRC room? I'd join the PSN room but I don't keep a keyboard near it and there's no way I'm going to deal with trying to type using the controller.
It aint so bad when you're in the psn chat room and you're awaiting a turn. Though it is much nicer with keyboard.

hitsugi

Are people more surprised that AE is making it's way in time for evo or that evo is switching up to AE with such a close release?

I believe the latter has happened before, but I can't remember the game

hitsugi said:
Are people more surprised that AE is making it's way in time for evo or that evo is switching up to AE with such a close release?

I believe the latter has happened before, but I can't remember the game
Wasn't it HDR vs ST; HDR got delayed so they stuck with ST. Not exactly the same thing, because people have had ST experience tor years.

El Sloth

Banned
Kadey said:
Which of you are regularly playing the game on the 360? Deciding whether it should be worth it for me to start streaming 360. Also meaning I would have to get a 360, also meaning someone will have to give me one.

Did not get to play last night so I'll might play tonight PSN-ers. Not as tired today. I'm up for HDR or Super.
I wouldn't mind hopping back on for the streams to provide the appropriate amount of scrub to counterbalance the good play.

rivals said:
http://04.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#gafranbats&server=irc.globalgamers.net

El Sloth said:
That exclusive Wake-Up Ultra club membership.

How did that Marvel tourney go? Did you get a 3DS?

Oh helllllll no. I guess I had never played on a lagless crt tv before because the game felt like a completely different experience during the tournament :( I couldn't land my basic X-23 combo and I messed up all my purification into chaotic flame chances :/ I lost in the first round (tournament was single elimination and the first round only allowed one match...which was bullshit). ;_;
The only good thing is that I met a few fighting game dudes at the tournament and they told me there is a tournament in Mahwah, NJ on the 23rd (Console Warzone it is called) and now I am going to try to do well in that one....except Marlinpie and Noel Brown are going to that shit so...I won't do well at all...oh well at least my latest ass beating will be streamed by Spooky

kitzkozan

BadWolf said:
Excellent news about AE at Evo.

Latest Arcadia top 10 list, posted by KBlackNoah on dreamcancel.com:

Wow, 3 SF in the top 10 kinda say it all doesn't it? :] 2 of them being old as fuck while KOF XIII is nowhere to be seen. :p Unbelievable to see super turbo in 7th place, holy fuck at the lasting power.

They had to announce AE for EVO, despite the stipulation that the game had to be released by june first. I think most of the best in US/ Europe are already playing AE, while everyone will have almost 2 months to get the new combos down.

El Sloth

Banned
NinajHeartless said:
Oh helllllll no. I guess I had never played on a lagless crt tv before because the game felt like a completely different experience during the tournament:( I couldn't land my basic X-23 combo and I messed up all my purification into chaotic flame chances :/ I lost in the first round (tournament was single elimination and the first round only allowed one match...which was bullshit). ;_;
The only good thing is that I met a few fighting game dudes at the tournament and they told me there is a tournament in Mahwah, NJ on the 23rd (Console Warzone it is called) and now I am going to try to do well in that one....except Marlinpie and Noel Brown are going to that shit so...I won't do well at all...oh well at least my latest ass beating will be streamed by Spooky
That sucks dude. :(

I can imagine how you must have felt, I had a similar experience when I played the AE cabs at CTF for the first time(before it got shut down obviously). Was my first time playing on a lagless setup and it blew my mind. I was even more free than usual. Must have been worse with Marvel though.

Marlin Pie and Noel Brown? Pssh, all that means is that you have to be top 3 now.

El Sloth said:
That sucks dude. :(

I can imagine how you must have felt, I had a similar experience when I played the AE cabs at CTF for the first time(before it got shut down obviously). Was my first time playing on a lagless setup and it blew my mind. I was even more free than usual. Must have been worse with Marvel though.

Marlin Pie and Noel Brown? Pssh, all that means is that you have to be top 3 now.

Imma do it, and if I can, I'll sneak onto the mic with Spooky and give GAF the shoutouts it needs!

Kimosabae

Banned
"Did you know Ono confessed [AE] is not a good game?"

God, these kids are fucking stupid.

*edit*

Meh. Wrong thread, but fuckit let it ride.

kitzkozan

Adam Prime said:
Man when the fuck are we going to see a new Virtua Fighter 5 ....?

Whoops, wrong thread.

I think VF is all but dead in the west, especially with MK making it's big comeback. Nobody is going to care about that franchise except for the true hardcore fans of the genre out of love for the awesome technical depth.

Sega should of been the one to make Tekken x Virtual fighter happen...

Professor Beef said:
Pfft, all you have to do against MarlinPie is last long enough for him to drop a combo.

I could probably win Marlinpie over with my charms

I am more of afraid of Noel Brown trying to beat me up :(

Gotta bob and weave I guess

knee

CRwMj.gif

El Sloth

Banned
Cloudius12 said:
so basically Blanka got hit because he pressed something?
He got hit because he kept walking backwards. The game would say it's a counter-hit if he pressed something wouldn't it?

Edit: I'm blind apparently. He was probably trying to a blanka ball.

El Sloth

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"He got hit because he kept walking backwards. The game would say it's a counter-hit if he pressed something wouldn't it?"

It did.
Looks like my vision is starting to deteriorate. I had to spend at least a good 2 minutes staring at the gif to see the words.

Solune

El Sloth said:
Looks like my vision is starting to deteriorate. I had to spend at least a good 2 minutes staring at the gif to see the words.
Looked like he was holding back, probably went to do blanka ball and extended his hitbox.

I'm very happy to hear about AE replacing Super at EVO. I'll be putting a lot of time into Evil Ryu to try and make him my new main. But if it's not working out, I can always fall back on Ken/Ryu. But it's good to finally have a release date. I'm actually off work the Wednesday and Thursday after AE comes out so I'll be on my PS3/360 like a mad man. Look for me if you're available for matches on those days.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Rice, are you not going to get it for PC again?

Oh yeah, forgot about that for a second. Yes I'm also getting it for PC so I'll be running all 3 versions of the game. The PC version is actually the version where I got very serious and started learning certain tactics, combos, and strategies. Plus it's a completely different audience from the PS3/360 crowd so it'll be good to go back and maybe see some old faces.

vissione

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
Oh yeah, forgot about that for a second. Yes I'm also getting it for PC so I'll be running all 3 versions of the game. The PC version is actually the version where I got very serious and started learning certain tactics, combos, and strategies. Plus it's a completely different audience from the PS3/360 crowd so it'll be good to go back and maybe see some old faces.

sf4pcrespect.png

1273715383653.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom