• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERBEAT: XONiC |OT| Back to The DJMAX Roots - Now on PS4/XB1!

I managed to preorder it twice and both copies are apparently waiting for me at home now. Oops.

My productive free time is in short supply these days, but if there are significant changes that need to be made to the OP, let me know.

drac96

I just picked this up for the first time on PS4. I was doing pretty well up until I needed to use the stick on one side and push buttons on the other. My mind broke, I need more practice.

Also I felt good about my performance on the first stage of world tour, then I can't beat easy on the second. Having the notes pop in late seems pretty savage for easy mode on the second stage haha.

I'm enjoying it a lot, even if my lack of rhythm game skill is holding me back a bit.

Downloading for Xbox One now. Unlocks in 45 minutes. Hype! I wanted this on Vita but didn't get around to it before selling it and I'm really happy there's a legit rhythm game for the Xbone now.

Hello, we'll make a twitch stream on 7PM PST (Two hours from now)

Feel free to join us on Twitch and talk with our Ceo Mike Yum!

DBwcvuTWAAEBQ-U.jpg:large

So far I really like the game, though, there's a serious difficulty curve on the harder songs on 6trax up. I can beat all the 4trax songs no problem but playing a normal song on 6trax is like Hard on Taiko but the hardest in the 6trax are Oni level difficult. At least, it felt like that to me. I'm getting better but I feel like I'm gonna stall out soon. I have mixed feelings about the shield. On one hand it makes getting perfect super easy and not frustrating but it also takes away some of the fun in that. I know it's not required to play but I also have to note some of the tougher songs I can only make it through with the shield.

Also, like I predicted, this game is selling like crap on Xbone. Only 149 people on the leaderboards right now.

Cmagus

So far I really like the game, though, there's a serious difficulty curve on the harder songs on 6trax up. I can beat all the 4trax songs no problem but playing a normal song on 6trax is like Hard on Taiko but the hardest in the 6trax are Oni level difficult. At least, it felt like that to me. I'm getting better but I feel like I'm gonna stall out soon. I have mixed feelings about the shield. On one hand it makes getting perfect super easy and not frustrating but it also takes away some of the fun in that. I know it's not required to play but I also have to note some of the tougher songs I can only make it through with the shield.

Also, like I predicted, this game is selling like crap on Xbone. Only 149 people on the leaderboards right now.

Yeah this game imo is hands down one of the hardest music rhythm games to learn that I've played, it's like learning how to play drums, if you have problems coordinating your hands to do different things this game has a super steep learning curve lol.I've just been playing a lot of 4 trax to get use to the controls and slowly moving up to 6 trax. I've been chipping away at it and slowly I'm improving.

I know the songs by heart from the vita version but without the touch screen I'm pretty useless lol still it's fun and I'm glad I was able to get a physical copy of the game and soundtrack as well, I missed out on that last bundle they had.

macklelol

Tried 6 Eleven.

94% NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Trying to play the harder 6TFX songs is killing my hands, so that's gonna make the secret club a real pain.

Alkuk

Neo Member
Hm, german PSN Store on PS4 shows via "games > new" a picture of SBX, but when you select it, it says "item can not be selected at this time".
I can't buy it. If I search the store with a browser just the Vita version shows up.
What is this? Anybody bought this from an eu psn store?
^^

Yay! It looks so good on a TV! Excited to bring my ranking up from starting at square one again!

And wouldn't you know it, played about an hour ago, and this song is stuck in my head over and over and over again...

LIFE IS JUST LIKE A BOOMERANG!

Hm, german PSN Store on PS4 shows via "games > new" a picture of SBX, but when you select it, it says "item can not be selected at this time".
I can't buy it. If I search the store with a browser just the Vita version shows up.
What is this? Anybody bought this from an eu psn store?
^^

Game is not out in europe right? I know today is the release date but it never actually released did it?

Cmagus

Started playing and next thing you know it's 4 hours later. I think the game has finally clicked with me and I've been clearing most stuff on 6trax and 6 trax fx. I found that increasing the speed made it easier for me and the controls which I was struggling with and wasn't clearing much on 6 trax and up. I found the less reaction time I had the less I missed up because I didn't have as much time to focus on what is coming and it honestly feels like it flows much better at 2.5 speed.

The DLC tracks are pretty good, on vita I wasn't really able to grab them because I had a small memory card that came with the thing so it's finally nice to play them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm guessing there's no way to transfer Vita save data to the PS4 version? I really don't want to have to grind back to level 99 & get the 99,999 combo a FOURTH time in these games (I did that already in DJMAX Fever, Portable 3, & the Vita version of this).

Also already had the OST via the Vita's LE.

macklelol

Unlocked the secret world tour club, and oh god they replaced Heavy Day with ANTIKYTHERA 6TFX for the easy mission. Ugh, that mission is now a lot harder to clear now.

Alkuk

Neo Member
Game is not out in europe right? I know today is the release date but it never actually released did it?

Still the same today, You can select, but not buy it - great ^^. I bought Aaero instead, seems interesting.

EDIT: Saw it on twitter: June 12th is now the release date for the digital ps4 version over here, ok. Just one more day ;-)

Alkuk

Neo Member
Alright, World Tour mode is completed. Just got the grindy parts left to do before I get the platinum. I'll probably take my time with this, my hands hurt from clearing the secret club.

If anyone is interested to see what the hardest mission in the game looks like, here's me clearing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJjNutxf63Q

Great job!

So you've played this on Vita, right!? Would you say with the dualshock controller it's easier to play, especially the hard stuff?
I could not clear the last two wt clubs on vita, doubt I can do it on ps4, but will try ;-)
Any tips welcome.

macklelol

Great job!

So you've played this on Vita, right!? Would you say with the dualshock controller it's easier to play, especially the hard stuff?
I could not clear the last two wt clubs on vita, doubt I can do it on ps4, but will try ;-)
Any tips welcome.

Playing on a dualshock is a little harder/uncomfortable for me, the sticks are bigger so that makes it a bit harder to do some of the swipes/slides. Though I've only played with a dualshock for like... 5 days so far while I played the Vita version for several months.

For those not looking at other threads, a press release via email just came out confirming a Switch port.

789eed63-aea0-466b-9f9a-f467a8dd6398.png

SUPERBEAT XONiC will arrive to Nintendo Switch this October!

288f8de8-2d72-4980-9aad-6d1fa39ccfa1.png

LOS ANGELES, CA., July 31, 2017— PM Studios and Acttil are thrilled to announce that SUPERBEAT: XONiC™ will be released on Nintendo Switch™ in North America this October! In addition to the included soundtrack of over 65 songs -- from R&B to rock, techno to K-pop -- new tracks will be available via DLC on the release date. And to celebrate the game's debut on Switch, these all-new DLC tracks will be free for Switch users!

~ Song List ~
1. Rackin Gravity by 7 Sequence
2. Neko-kun by Basiscape
3. Select, Start by Steven Silo
4. Donut Island by Steven Silo
5. Oh-Wei-Oh by Bentley Jones
6. STUTTA 2.0 by Bentley Jones
7. Talk 2 U by Bentley Jone

For PlayStation®4 and Xbox users!
These songs will be available for PlayStation®4 and Xbox as well! "Rackin Gravity" is free. All other songs are $1.99 each.

Bundle 1 includes songs 2-4 for $4.99, available on Aug. 15.
Bundle 2 includes songs 5-7 for $4.99, available on Aug. 29.

Also don't forget checking out this awesome trailer made by Rising Star Games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aLsrdkjy3w

Thanks again everyone for your support!

Just picked this game up and yeah like everyone else said, 6-trax is a big bump up from 4-trax. I can clear some of the easier 6-trax songs but once they start introducing analog stick holds on one side where you have to move up and down and multiple inputs on the other side my mind just goes blank.

Even some of the higher end songs on 4-trax are hard, can't even imagine what Advanced looks like.

21149979_10154901564112157_4591868091542710696_n.jpg

Hello everyone! We are happy to announce that new tracks for SBX are now live on PSN & Xbox Live, It's been a while since we released SBX on latest gen consoles but finally new songs will come in the following weeks! So please stay tuned for news.

I attach download links and Song preview video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVBdAZ7K9i0

Playstation 4 (USA): https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...0-SUPERBEATXONIC00:ADD-ONS||release_date~desc

Playstation 4 (Europe): https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ck-2/cid=EP4034-CUSA07743_00-SUPERBEATDLCPK02

Xbox One: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/superbeat-xonic-track-pack-2/btz61wnw8j87

Vita: Unfortunately there are no plans to add new DLC for the Vita version.

Planetboom & Mike Blunck makes a comeback!
Song Pack 3 of SUPERBEAT XONiC is now available on PlayStation 4 & Xbox One~!

~ Song List ~

1. Skyline
2. Americana Exotica
3. iNSANITY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QqMSH7aBv8

Download them below~

Playstation 4 (USA): https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ck-3/cid=UP2011-CUSA06894_00-SUPERBEATPACK003

Playstation 4 (Europe): https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...0-SUPERBEATXONIC00:ADD-ONS||release_date~desc
(Europe will be available next week)

Xbox One: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/superbeat-xonic-track-pack-3/c27pjb21f26t

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Anyone have any idea if this is still on track for Switch in October? Amazon and GameFly have it listed for November. Did it delayed or are those placeholder dates?

BiggNife

Anyone have any idea if this is still on track for Switch in October? Amazon and GameFly have it listed for November. Did it delayed or are those placeholder dates?

I was just wondering the same thing. The announced release date was October 4 but retail channels are saying November 14. Maybe the digital version comes out on October 4 with retail in November? Either way I'd appreciate clarification on this.

Also Amazon currently lists it as "unavailable," which is kinda worrying.

Switch version is now dated:

LOS ANGELES, CA., October 12, 2017— PM Studios and Acttil are excited to announce that SUPERBEAT: XONiC™ will be released on Nintendo Switch™ in North America on November 21, 2017! To celebrate the release announcement, we are releasing a handful of game footage videos for our long-awaiting fans! In addition to the included soundtrack of over 65 songs -- from R&B to rock, techno to K-pop -- new tracks will be available via DLC on the release date. And to celebrate the game's debut on Switch, these all-new DLC tracks will be free for Switch users!

In the EU, we will be releasing SUPERBEAT: XONiC™ digitally on 30th November, and physically on 8th December through our awesome partners at Rising Star Games!

7 free DLC songs for Switch users!

1. Rackin Gravity by 7 Sequence
2. Neko-kun by Basiscape
3. Select, Start by Steven Silo
4. Donut Island by Steven Silo
5. Oh-Wei-Oh by Bentley Jones
6. STUTTA 2.0 by Bentley Jones
7. Talk 2 U by Bentley Jones

For PlayStation®4 and Xbox users!
These songs will be available for PlayStation®4 and Xbox as well!

"Rackin Gravity" is free. All other songs are $1.99 each.
Bundle 1 includes songs 2-4 for $4.99, available on Aug. 15.
Bundle 2 includes songs 5-7 for $4.99, available on Aug. 29.

If rocking out all alone doesn't satisfy your DJ cravings, check out the world DJ ranking system! Put your rhythm to the test and share your passion with players around the world!

22528402_441026919647177_7205742347851396017_n.jpg

Scarlet Moon Productions and PM Studios are excited to release SUPERBEAT: XONiC Extra Soundtrack, a compilation of music from the hit rhythm game for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Xbox One. The 15-track album features acclaimed artists from around the globe including Hitoshi Sakimoto's Basiscape team, electronic master Shinji "MEGATEN" Hosoe and his SuperSweep studio, trance artist bLiNd, EDM artist Steven Silo, and the UK's sentimental synth-pop sensation, Bentley Jones.

The full track listing is as follows:
01. Steven Silo - "Select, Start"
02. Takahiro Eguchi - "Blue Screen"
03. Shinji Hosoe - "Debonair heavy industry"
04. Ayako Saso - "Missing Parts"
05. Yousuki Yasui - "Expressive Air 06"
06. Ayako Saso - "Indigo Wind"
07. Shinji Hosoe - "Zombie Chase"
08. Bentley Jones - "Talk 2 U"
09. Bentley Jones - "Oh-Wei-Oh"
10. Bentley Jones - "STUTTA 2.0"
11. bLiNd - "Americana Exotica - Red Bandit"
12. Ayako Saso - "Afternoon of Summer"
13. Basiscape - "ねこくん"
14. Steven Silo - "Donut Island"
15. bLiNd - "Skyline - Endless"

All of the songs on this album are available to play in-game as downloadable content.

"PM Studios and the SUPERBEAT team was privileged to work with Scarlet Moon Productions and their amazing musicians on the SUPERBEAT 2017 DLC," notes PM Studios CEO Michael Yum. "We hope fans and players enjoyed the experience we were able to create, so feel free to reach out as we'd love to hear what you think!

Feedback for more DLC is welcome!"

SUPERBEAT: XONiC Extra Soundtrack is an official soundtrack release and is available today for digital download:

SUPERBEAT: XONiC Extra Soundtrack on Bandcamp
https://scarletmoonrecords.bandcamp.com/album/superbeat-xonic-extra-soundtrack
SUPERBEAT: XONiC Extra Soundtrack on iTunes
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/superbeat-xonic-extra-soundtrack/1342434775
SUPERBEAT: XONiC Extra Soundtrack on Spotify

Top Bottom