• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural: Season 9 |OT| It's Raining Men! Hallelujah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sam marries Becky episode is based on a couple of crazy as hell fans who firmly believe they are the real wives of the two leads. So much so that they tricked a celebrity gossip rag into interviewing them. They constantly mail hate to the guys' real wives, and have a few hundred followers who believe them.

And they are nowhere near as crazy as the J2 people who think the wives are beards and it's a huge conspiracy to hide the guys relationship, and the kids are even fake. It's nuts. There's a ton of them too. They mail hate to Misha and his family for some fucking reason.

I've been a fangirl for damn near twenty years and Supernatural fandom takes the cake for being the most batshit insane fandom around. Even Harry Potter can't touch it.

WHAT. THE. FUCK?

That is crazy. I chose never to dive into the big fan pool for the show because I heard horror stories, and usually I stay away from the big fan pools for many things. Usually because they scare me, and many fans of things that are a little TOO involved turn me off to the thing they are a fan of. That is what happened with me and Community. I was deep in love, but damn did people get insane about it here on GAF. It turned me off to the show completely.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The SPN fandom nearly turned me off the show too. But I figured I'd take the dive. Can't call myself a fandom anthropologist without getting my feet dirty after all. It's easy for me to just associate with the less crazy fans and observe the insane ones from afar.

This is why I like talking about the show with you guys. No one here is batshit.

The Sam marries Becky episode is based on a couple of crazy as hell fans who firmly believe they are the real wives of the two leads. So much so that they tricked a celebrity gossip rag into interviewing them. They constantly mail hate to the guys' real wives, and have a few hundred followers who believe them.

And they are nowhere near as crazy as the J2 people who think the wives are beards and it's a huge conspiracy to hide the guys relationship, and the kids are even fake. It's nuts. There's a ton of them too. They mail hate to Misha and his family for some fucking reason.

I've been a fangirl for damn near twenty years and Supernatural fandom takes the cake for being the most batshit insane fandom around. Even Harry Potter can't touch it.

tidfzc.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Parallax isn't saying it out loud, but we all know how he feels about Sam criticism.

I'll be disappointed too if Cas is on his own the majority of the time.

I still want a genderbend episode. Get three incredible actresses and make it happen! It's the only show that could pull it off lol

I am! Leave Charlie alone, I love her :p

Just saw the Rise of the Deanmon trailer. I like this Dean! I want to keep him around forever. Fuck old Dean. Douche.

They never cleared up what happened at the end of season 9.

Is heaven still closed to souls?

Are Angels on Earth still unable to teleport?

Kevin

They never cleared up what happened at the end of season 9.

Is heaven still closed to souls?

Are Angels on Earth still unable to teleport?

It's possible that this could be touched on in the season 10 premiere. If not I remember Carver talking about heaven and I don't remember what was exactly said but it sounded like Heaven was re-opened and that the angels were trying to re-establish the order in heaven. It sounded like "background" stuff to me. It sounds like the angel stuff will be a lot less this season with the focus being on Demon Dead, the two new characters and just an overall different story line then just more angel stuff.

Angel stuff will obviously still be there as shown in the footage with Cas and his potential love interest, etc but I don't think season 10 will push the angel drama as heavily as seasons 8/9 did. I could be wrong but this is the stuff I've interpreted from all of the season 10 spoilers and footage thus far.

EDIT: This is just awesome:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/09/supernatural-season-10-bts-photo-of.html

oni_saru

Ugh reading about the crazy fans. >.< yeah one of the reasons i avoid the Spn fandom. That shit cray. I like reading the discussions here. Though I'm usually lltp to the seasons. Still need to see season 9 completely (saw bits of it).

Anyways I like Charlie. When I read people's discussion of her here, i thought maybe I'd find her annoying too. But nope. I actually like her. she wasn't that bad.

Didn't like that guy. Forget his name. The one that was a computer expert and a paranoid guy. Now that dude was super annoying. (Frank I think was his name) And Garth slowly grew on me. Slowly.

Also iirc i don't think many people liked Bela here but I enjoyed her enough. Waiting for Bela to come back as a demon and make the Winchester's life even more horrible! :D

dorkkaos

FUCK YEEEEEEA!

I know you guys hate her, but really what female don't you guys hate. #teambela all the way

I don't know what it is about Bela that I hate.. Hell, I also hate Krissy. But the rest of the females, I love. I love Ruby, Meg, Naomi, etc

It's just...those two really rub me the wrong way D:

Charlie is awesome. There needs to be another LARP episode haha.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
FUCK YEEEEEEA!

I know you guys hate her, but really what female don't you guys hate. #teambela all the way

i rather any and all(including ruby) over her. we lost the harvelles, but gained her for some reason. where the hell is the justice

Kevin

I really like Charlie a lot but she isn't everyone's cup of tea and I understand that. Anyways here is some pretty cool behind the scene photos of an episode shoot presumably showing demon Dean fighting
Cole
:

http://yvrshoots.com/2014/09/shoot-...s-stunt-fight-in-arch-alley.html#.VBv_52K9KSN

Anyone want to guess what episode number this could be? I'm actually curious!

Also when the series finally does end. Here is what I would like to happen: It would be awesome if Dean wakes up in a mental institution and realized that the entire series was all memories that he created in his mind because he couldn't deal with the fact that Sam burned up in the house fire from the first episode. In the institution, Crowley, Bobby, Castiel, etc are other patients. Basically the whole thing was just Dean's false memories that he created. What do you guys think? Cool idea?

LadyRiven

I haven't posted in quite awhile but I am really looking forward to S10. Gonna have a party with the locals and everything! I'm going to Chicon next month with my BFF as well.

Since you guys are discussing the fandom, I gotta note that even though there's a lot of insane fans online, it's also AMAZING how kind most of the fans really are in real life. The first con I went to, everyone made me feel like I could just sit down and talk to them for hours. Everyone is so happy to be there, and the cast is so good to their fans. It's like they radiate positive energy that makes everyone there want to be friends. I've never seen anything like it in my life!

I also met some amazing people through GISHWHES this year. Most GISHers are big fans; some are not, but they end up being lovers of Misha by the end!

The J2 shippers that run a Misha hate parade are the worst. Thankfully, I've never run into any of them IRL.

Only a week to go before season 10. I will cook something up on Wednesday night and post it on Thursday. Ideas for a thread title? I know I asked before, but after the backlash about spoilers in the titles before, I am hesitant about using Deanmon in the title.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hmm. I honestly think it's vague enough and since it already aired.../shrug

Otherwise maybe something about buddy cops shows?

Also, no one reacted to Misha's possible spoiler pic. Disappointed.

Eh, so long as we aren't spoiling something that hasn't happened yet we're fine, especially considering all the stuff showing Deanmon.

I just saw the pic and ALL OF MY HYPE if that's who I think it is. Is it really who I think it is? Is it really? Can I get hyped?

Kevin

If Gabriel comes back for the musical episode and returns to the role of the Trickster to surprise the brothers then that could be pretty awesome. Also a clip of Sam from the premiere:

http://youtu.be/SjjowpJqPn0

Pretty cool scene, can't wait to see the whole episode and the season in general.

Only a week to go before season 10. I will cook something up on Wednesday night and post it on Thursday. Ideas for a thread title? I know I asked before, but after the backlash about spoilers in the titles before, I am hesitant about using Deanmon in the title.

Supernatural: Season 10 |OT| Brothers At Odds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom