• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swap Note

MarkusRJR

So does anyone have a definitive answer on how to tell if someone else has deleted you from their friends' list? I've got 96 people on my list but so many are no longer active in swapnote or online gaming. I'd like to delete a few but I'd prefer to start with people who've already deleted me.
I'd like to know this too! I don't have as many friends (only like 5) because there's no grouping or organizing friends, but the few I have never appear online or active.

Might as well post my FC here.

3566-1651-0881

Add meeeee! Add meeeee!
4854-7568-4783

Pm me if you want me to add you :)

Alright. Let's do this.

Added you two ^

1891 1196 0090

Just added you to my 3ds Dante, my friend code is 1375-8248-1826

Here's to future swap note-ing!

Thank you all for adding your FC details; I've added you all to the collated FC list in post#2412.

Oh and welcome to any GAF newcomers :).

So does anyone have a definitive answer on how to tell if someone else has deleted you from their friends' list? I've got 96 people on my list but so many are no longer active in swapnote or online gaming. I'd like to delete a few but I'd prefer to start with people who've already deleted me.

No but I have a few GAFers that I added who haven't added me back and they are listed in my FC list as 'Provisionally registered friend', which I take to mean that they haven't added me back.

I presume that if person b removes person a from their FC list it would show the same message in person a's FC list?

You could ask Roto13; I removed his FC after we had a girly spat so if he still has me on his FC list you could ask to see what message his FC list has for my entry.

I believe he has me on ignore and he didn't respond to my PM last time I tried so he probably won't see this so you would need to ask him directly.

I wish swap note was one of those processes that could run simultaneously with a game or w/e launched program.

Perhaps that will be part of the Nintendo online revamp around the time of the Wii U launch and after? I have no idea if this is technically possible though so perhaps one of our more technically astute Swap Noters might be able to bring some light onto the subject?

zroid

Banned

I generally tend to just assume that people whose last-online dates are not given are the ones who've deleted me. It's probably true anyway, but even if not, you're still removing someone who's completely inactive so I guess it works out.

Tyeforce

Okay, I added a few people back on GAF... Chopper, woo and indeed hoo, and El Pescado. I'll try to keep you guys on my friend list as long as I can, but I may have to delete you and re-add you later if I need to register other people locally.

If any of you have the new Japanese stationary...it would be awesome if you could send it my way, lol. :D

Okay, I added a few people back on GAF... Chopper, woo and indeed hoo, and El Pescado. I'll try to keep you guys on my friend list as long as I can, but I may have to delete you and re-add you later if I need to register other people locally.

If any of you have the new Japanese stationary...it would be awesome if you could send it my way, lol. :D

No problem :).

If you mean the Culdecept one, I sent that to everyone on my FC list last night.

I'll post this here as well 2148-8742-7000

Thank you for adding your FC details; I've added you to the collated FC list in post#2412.

Oh and welcome to GAF :).

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

The only way I can see is to write down their FC, remove them from your friend list, then try to add them again. If they're still friends with you, you'll see their Mii. If not, you can safely delete them.

Yes, it's time consuming, but it works.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The only way I can see is to write down their FC, remove them from your friend list, then try to add them again. If they're still friends with you, you'll see their Mii. If not, you can safely delete them.

Yes, it's time consuming, but it works.

I might try that out. Do a few a day. Can easily subtract those who I've seen in SwapNote recently.

Thanks for the notes, woo and indeed hoo. However, I'm left wondering what's up then with previous post someone made.

According to weird, there is a grey stationary that looks like the Nintendo All-Access E3 stationary, but has "Nintendo Direct" on it instead.

Does anyone else have it? As I'm trying to get that from woo and indeed hoo, but he doesn't seem to have it either.

Boldly added everyone on this page ;)

My FC: 0344-9400-0971

Thank you for adding your FC details; I've added you to the collated FC list in post#2412.

[Added your code to my FC list :) ]

Thanks for the notes, woo and indeed hoo. However, I'm left wondering what's up then with previous post someone made.

According to weird, there is a grey stationary that looks like the Nintendo All-Access E3 stationary, but has "Nintendo Direct" on it instead.

Does anyone else have it? As I'm trying to get that from woo and indeed hoo, but he doesn't seem to have it either.

No problem, sorry I didn't have it.

Someone on my FC list needs to send that particular note to me NAO!!!

BooJoh

Regarding the StreetPass functionality of SwapNote. Has anyone confirmed that someone has to be on your friends list to get SwapNote StreetPasses? If so, does that mean I can safely deactivate StreetPass for SwapNote without affecting the functionality of sending messages through SpotPass?

I ask because I'm approaching the 12 game limit on the StreetPass data management screen and I'm trying to decide which apps to disable first.

I worry about this sometimes too. Since I keep a small friends list of close friends I only have one connection from GAF to get the JP/EU stationery, which I then pass on to the others on my list. I just try to remember to say thanks once in a while.

But as far as I can tell, there's no way of knowing if someone has deleted you, sold their 3DS, or anything else.

Nintendo really needs to:

a) increase/remove the friend limit

b) show an icon or something on their friend card to indicate that they have you on their FL

Yeah, for the streetpass Swapnotes, you have to be on the other person's friend list. It's not a particularly effective functionality as a result.

Dilli666

So, as I'm just getting started with Swap Note...how do I send / receive stationeries?
I've just unlocked the first ones (Mii, Music, Diner Table and so on...) - what now? :)

zigg

So, as I'm just getting started with Swap Note...how do I send / receive stationeries?
I've just unlocked the first ones (Mii, Music, Diner Table and so on...) - what now? :)
Only special stationeries can be unlocked via send/receive; someone just has to send you a note on that stationery.

I believe you have to have unlocked the ability to buy built-in stationeries in order to have the special stationeries available. I also believe that it'll queue up specials until you get that ability. (Wasn't paying enough attention when I started anew a few months back to say for sure though.)

rpmurphy

Only special stationeries can be unlocked via send/receive; someone just has to send you a note on that stationery.

I believe you have to have unlocked the ability to buy built-in stationeries in order to have the special stationeries available. I also believe that it'll queue up specials until you get that ability. (Wasn't paying enough attention when I started anew a few months back to say for sure though.)
Once you unlock the ability to change stationaries, you go read the notes that have the special stationaries and it will "save" them to be available for use.

zigg

Once you unlock the ability to change stationaries, you go read the notes that have the special stationaries and it will "save" them to be available for use.
Actually, I just looked, my memory was way wrong—I haven't unlocked the ability to use any besides the starter six yet, and I do not have access to any of the other stationeries, even if I go visit them.

Update: I drew a few more random notes, unlocked the coin ability, and now they're saving to be unlocked.

rpmurphy

Actually, I just looked, my memory was way wrong—I haven't unlocked the ability to use any besides the starter six yet, and I do not have access to any of the other stationeries, even if I go visit them.

Update: I drew a few more random notes, unlocked the coin ability, and now they're saving to be unlocked.
Oh right, that too. Two levels of stationary feature unlocking. :S

So, is this actually a thing? I don't think I have this one.

RpgN

I haven't opened the 3DS in almost a week and went to the eshop, there was a new update for swapnote. Is this new? Anyone knows what it does?

NeoRausch

Nah, mea culpa. My fault... Don't drink and post...or do it's fun, but think more about the truth of the stuff you post. :/

it was just the normal All-Access one. I didn't want to spread false information. Sorry folks!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

It doesn't exist. He made a mistake.

EDIT: Uh... talk about the worst time to hivemind.

Nah, mea culpa. My fault... Don't drink and post...or do it's fun, but think more about the truth of the stuff you post. :/

it was just the normal All-Access one. I didn't want to spread false information. Sorry folks!

lols

Well thanks for coming clean so we can all stop fretting about having an incomplete stationery collection :).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait wait WHAT? A stealth megaton? They didn't even mention this is Nintendo Direct!

and typically I forgot to put my 3DS in my bag today. Can't even check this out at work.

NeoRausch

I just went through swapnote and it looks normal. I couldn't find coloured options...

i rushed trought the app. Can't see anything new.

load times, look, stationarys.... All the same. Oh and there is still NO way to mass delet old mails. As far as i can see.

dtekdahl00

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'd love to start sending out Swapnotes... but my friend list is empty.

Does anyone want to add me? 1461-6224-4636

Thanks!

Hmm, wonder if that means we'll get it as well when the eShop updates in a few hours. Hopefully so~

In any case, more ink colors is nice, but what they really need to do is let us:
1.) Forward notes to other people (as long as the author as checked some option that they're okay with the note being forwarded, at least).
2.) Attach photos to replies.
3.) Reply to notes multiple times.

Please and thank you~

Cheesemeister said:
Works worldwide.
Just tried--doesn't work on my NA 3DS--get an Error code: 007-3101 "This software is not currently available."

NeoRausch

Relax, just joking.

But a Euro-only update? That sucks.
No hard feelings mang!

The last time i was so excited about colors was in the 80's when some guy invented neon colors!

fakeedit:
no multicolored messages. :( ah well...next update then.

Just tried--doesn't work on my NA 3DS--get an Error code: 007-3101 "This software is not currently available."

try to enter the e-shop. in euroland i was confronted with a update message as soon as i entered. if not, look up the update list in the shop

RpgN

No hard feelings mang!

The last time i was so excited about colors was in the 80's when some guy invented neon colors!

fakeedit:

try to enter the e-shop. in euroland i was confronted with a update message as soon as i entered. if not, look up the update list in the shop

Yeah, it's nice there are colours but why not have multicoloured messages? It's progress I guess but it's so slow...

Didn't know you had to press the d-pad to activate them. I just tried it and it works.

No hard feelings mang!

fakeedit:

Did both of those as well--nothing so far. Will probably be added when the NA eShop updates though in another ~4 hours, I guess.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh, just the one colour still. I suppose it will help messages against a dark background stick out, but it's a shame one can't colour in their images.

Top Bottom