• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch amazon.fr preorder up for 350 EUR ($306 USD) in France

Tntnico

Can someone explain me how does fnac.com cashback work?

When your order is shipped, you get 30€ on your account if you have the loyalty card. You'll be able to use it later on Fnac.com or in stores.

(the standard Fnac loyalty card cost something but the Fnac Gaming card is free, and you'll still get your 30€ with it).

When your order is shipped, you get 30€ on your account if you have the loyalty card. You'll be able to use it later on Fnac.com or in stores.

(the standard Fnac loyalty card cost something but the Fnac Gaming card is free, and you'll still get your 30€ with it).

Thanks.

Does not interest me.

daxgame

Be careful ! I have 2 pre-orders at Amazon, the console alone and the pack with zelda.
- When the price of the console drops, my order drops
- When the price of the pack drops, my order doesn't drop

So I contacted Amazon yesterday for my pack order and they manualy gave me a 10€ cut on my order.

Wtf? That's not normal.
I have the pack with Zelda preordered and it's the only one I have. Do note that it's not a real bundle, too (if you go in your order, you'll see it's two separate items and if you click on them it'll bring you to their "single" page)
So I don't know why your order is dropping, this contradicts what the rep told me. It shouldn't change until the shipping happens - he even tells me to not look at the order's price.

Whatever they'll charge, I have the conversation anyway so it'll be easy to get a refund if it's not the lowest price (which I can find easily via the numerous trackers around).

oti

Banned
I asked Amazon FR about Zelda's price in the bundle. Just got the email they will update my order to the lower price (51,99€) within the next 48h.

That should lower the price of the overall bundle to 343€ (shipping to Germany included). Pretty happy about that. Too bad it's the grey Switch but I'll live.

Pila

Sorry if asked already... do we know for sure if french Zelda will be multi5? Asking for a friend, he'd like to buy from Amazon.fr but he's not french...

Thanks xoxoxo

So I contacted Amazon yesterday for my pack order and they manualy gave me a 10€ cut on my order.

I asked Amazon FR about Zelda's price in the bundle. Just got the email they will update my order to the lower price (51,99€) within the next 48h.

I would like to do that too but I can't speak or write French and feel iffy about using Google translate to send a message... maybe your can share with me the message you wrote and I can send it to them?

oti

Banned
He also said he'll contact me again on the 31st., since the weekend is coming up.
I would like to do that too but I can't speak or write French and feel iffy about using Google translate to send a message... maybe your can share with me the message you wrote and I can send it to them?

Don't worry. There is an option to contact them in English.

e3c2f8dfae8c4aad80a36ab1a34fb94a.png

Waji

I made a preorder days ago when it was still 329€, thinking it would drop to 299 for sure.
Seems like I made the right choice, especially if it gets back to 329 later.

deleted

That should lower the price of the overall bundle to 343€ (shipping to Germany included). Pretty happy about that. Too bad it's the grey Switch but I'll live.

Can you send me what you wrote? See below...

He also said he'll contact me again on the 31st., since the weekend is coming up.

Don't worry. There is an option to contact them in English.

e3c2f8dfae8c4aad80a36ab1a34fb94a.png

Did that, got this answer:

'Unfortunately we will not be able to match the price you found on our site.'

The guy writing the Mail sounds a lot like a chatbot. He's telling me to cancel my order if I want the current price.

orioto

Good Art™
So i'm a little worried cause i preordered the Switch on Fnac.com and the price dropped but my order doesn't mention that lol. Are we sure they update the price ?

I would cancel and re-preorder but i used a 60e coupon and i'm not sure how it works. What if i lose it in the process..

oti

Banned
Can you send me what you wrote? So below...

Did that, got this answer:

'Unfortunately we will not be able to match the price you found on our site.'

The guy writing the Mail sounds a lot like a chatbot. He's telling me to cancel my order...

I don't know, maybe I just got lucky. It was actually the second mail I wrote to them. The first didn't result in anything either. The person sent me a link to pre-order the bundle again for whatever reason.

With my second mail I attached two screenshots. One of the bundle with Zelda for 62 and one of the Amazon page of Zelda alone for 52.

Maybe that will help you too.

Alrus

Anyone ordering from Belgium knows why the estimated delivery date is on march 7-8th? Is this amazon being conservative? I have amazon prime (or premium whatever) by the way.

deleted

I don't know, maybe I just got lucky. It was actually the second mail I wrote to them. The first didn't result in anything either. The person sent me a link to pre-order the bundle again for whatever reason.

With my second mail I attached two screenshots. One of the bundle with Zelda for 62 and one of the Amazon page of Zelda alone for 52.

Maybe that will help you too.

Yep, I'll send pictures tomorrow!

Airbar

Neo Member
When i try to preorder at amazon.fr i get 311 for switch and 54 for Zelda, why?

I guess that is shipping. Where are you located though? I get like 7,50€ for shipping but it drops the price for the Switch down to 296€ so that I pay like 303€ in the end.

Disktrasa

Banned
I guess that is shipping. Where are you located though? I get like 7,50€ for shipping but it drops the price for the Switch down to 296€ so that I pay like 303€ in the end.

No, i pay 10 for shipping, so total 377 for r/b switch and zelda to Sweden...

Pictures worked, got an apology and they will correct the price immediately..
I got the same response but my order still hasn't been updated (it's been 8+ hours). I doubt it will.

They said I will be charged the lowest price when it ships (and that they will adjust my order), I'm not confident either will happen.

shamo42

I got the same response but my order still hasn't been updated (it's been 8+ hours). I doubt it will.

They said I will be charged the lowest price when it ships (and that they will adjust my order), I'm not confident either will happen.

Could you not just order Zelda separately and then return Zelda from the bundle? Afaik you will be reimbursed the price from the bundle. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Could you not just order Zelda separately and then return Zelda from the bundle? Afaik you will be reimbursed the price from the bundle. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't live in Europe. Using a mail forwarding service, so can't return anything (without paying a lot of money for shipping)

oti

Banned

They mentioned to me it would take up to 48h and since the weekend was coming up they'd come back to me on Monday.

They mentioned to me it would take up to 48h and since the weekend was coming up they'd come back to me on Monday.

Oh cool then. Would be great if it happens.

Here's their reply to me:

Bonjour,

Suite a votre message, je suis désolée d'apprendre que le prix de cet article ''The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild'' de la commande 404-xxxxx-xxxxx a changé après vous avez commandé mais le nouveau prix n'a pas été mis à jour dans votre commande.

Je comprends parfaitement votre réaction à cette situation et vous présente nos sincères excuses pour le désagrément causé par ce problème.

Afin de régler votre concerne, j'ai vérifié et je vous informe que chaque fois que vous précommandez un livre, un CD, une vidéo, un DVD, un jeu vidéo ou un logiciel d'Amazon, le prix que vous payez sera le prix le plus bas offert par Amazon.fr entre le moment vous passez votre commande jusqu'à la fin du jour de la date de sortie.

Par conséquent, je vous informe que le nouveau prix sera automatiquement mis à jour avant l'expédition de votre commande.

Afin d'être sûr de lui, j'ai contacté immédiatement notre département en charge afin de modifier le prix de votre article pour s'assurer que vous payez le prix inférieur.

Votre satisfaction est notre priorité et nous faisons tous les efforts pour vous fournir une qualité de service en conséquence.

Je vous prie encore de bien vouloir accepter nos sincères excuses pour le désagrément causé et j'espère que cette solution vous conviendra.

Merci d'avoir choisi Amazon.fr.

oti

Banned
Oh cool then. Would be great if it happens.

Here's their reply to me:

They replied to you in French? How weird. This is what I got.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.fr

Following your email, I am sorry to hear that the price of " The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild " has dropped from EUR 61.80 to EUR 51.99 since you placed the order.

I completely understand your reaction to this incident and ask you to excuse us for the inconvenience this issue may have caused.

I've checked and would like to inform you that whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game or software item from Amazon, the price you pay will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.fr between the time you place your order up to and including the end of the day of the release date.

Hence, I would like to inform you that the new price will be automatically updated to your order within next 48 hours.

In order to be sure about it, I have immediately contacted our department in charge in order to modify the price of your item to ensure that you pay the lower price.

Since this type of request can take up to 2 working days, I will contact you on 31 January 2017 to provide you with exact details.

Your satisfaction is our priority and we make every effort to provide you with a quality of service accordingly.

I hope that you will find this solution satisfactory. Again, please let us apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of this particular order.

Thank you for choosing Amazon.fr.

oti

Banned
I thought you written them in French that's why I did that too because it worked for you, haha.

Ha, that's a cute thought. :)
We got the same message in the end, only that my email has the line about two working days in it. If I get the discount, you will get it too.

Shahadan

I'm not sure I got it right. You asked for an update on the price of Zelda in your Switch/Zelda bundle is that correct?
I know that it's still considered to be 62€ in the order but the Switch itself is cheaper than its current price so the bundle is still cheaper than separate items by 1€, so I don't get why updating the price would be necessary.

Does that mean the bundle will become cheaper than 349€ for you guys? I feel like I4m missing something here :lol:

I'm not sure I got it right. You asked for an update on the price of Zelda in your Switch/Zelda bundle is that correct?
I know that it's still considered to be 62€ in the order but the Switch itself is cheaper than its current price so the bundle is still cheaper than separate items by 1€, so I don't get why updating the price would be necessary.

Does that mean the bundle will become cheaper than 349€ for you guys? I feel like I4m missing something here :lol:

Yes we're trying to game the system, deal with it :p

Shahadan

Yes we're trying to game the system, deal with it :p

But surely they'll see that the Switch in the bundle is priced at 287&#8364; or something and refuse to lower the price right? <_< Or at best update zelda to 52 and the switch to 297
I need to try contacting them and see what happens

oti

Banned

In the bundle Zelda is priced 62€.
Zelda alone is priced 52€.

Maybe it'll work. :p

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Yes :)

It's now 349€ the bundle + 30€ offered. So basically 319€.
I don't think this deal will be topped.

Edit: sorry for the confusion, I meant at La Fnac.

Shahadan

There's still something fishy with that stock. Why are we getting so much more? Switch and zelda have been the best selling video game items all week on amazon and only today did Resident Evil 7 get past the Neon unit.

Btw Bomberman is 7th :lol:

Maybe they'll change the date of delivery on our orders later ;(

FuturusX

Anybody here pre-order from Amazon.fr for delivery to the US?

I'm desperate. I'm thinking about going trying to pre-order.

Anybody here pre-order from Amazon.fr for delivery to the US?

I'm desperate. I'm thinking about going trying to pre-order.

You can't. They won't ship to the US.

Amazon.de did allow shipping internationally when they first went up, but then they changed it to disallow that. I'm pretty sure all retailers are instructed by Nintendo not to ship outside their region.

Top Bottom