• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment |OT| Re:translated and Re:mastered

Hikami

I'm watching my sister playing this and she has a question:
How do you level up in this? Is it naturally or is there a specific place to level up?

Stuff in Aincrad doesn't give much exp at the start since the enemies levels are low.

Would have to go to the hollow area (in multiplayer would be better) to get better exp from the higher level enemies.

Xenus

I'm watching my sister playing this and she has a question:
How do you level up in this? Is it naturally or is there a specific place to level up?

It's natural. You'll level up faster fighting harder monsters in the Hollow area but of course there is more risk involved. You generally maul everything on the first few floors of aincrad

Nvzman

Stuff in Aincrad doesn't give much exp at the start since the enemies levels are low.

Would have to go to the hollow area (in multiplayer would be better) to get better exp from the higher level enemies.
I meant how you level up. Like do you just get enough XP and you reach the next level?

Hikami

I meant how you level up. Like do you just get enough XP and you reach the next level?

Yeah, if you pull up the menu you can see your exp bar on the bottom right
c9173a9abf.png

after you kill an enemy you see the amount of exp they give pop up around your character

Nvzman

Yeah, if you pull up the menu you can see your exp bar on the bottom right
c9173a9abf.png

after you kill an enemy you see the amount of exp they give pop up around your character

It's natural. You'll level up faster fighting harder monsters in the Hollow area but of course there is more risk involved. You generally maul everything on the first few floors of aincrad
Okay thank you :)

Kamina777

Banned
So I just managed to pull this off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-T1KNvrGA4

jeez, the amount of patience and concentration you need for this made me feel like I was trying to perfect a song in a rhythm game.
I mentioned that earlier in the thread I assumed most people playing it fresh had no earthly idea what OSS was..i ended a 4 part one with eclipse I'm thinking of changing that to stardust though, eclipse I think takes to long to charge and that's with 20% off refresh time..

Teknoman

I know I keep bugging about MP, but I haven't had too much time to play. Are people starting to cooperate/stick together a little more online?

Also: TeknomanEX is my PSN for anyone that might want to co-op at some point.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So how much better is the translation? With the new translation what score would you give the game compared to before?

anderedna

I mainly playing solo multiplayer now for implements and leveling up. Transferring save from Vita version helps as I already cleared hollow area on that version, making all transfer points unlocked.

Is there any tips for unlocking all those implements without grinding too much. E.g. I need to wait for CD for certain specific skill and it require hundred times of activation/use.

Kamina777

Banned
I mainly playing solo multiplayer now for implements and leveling up. Transferring save from Vita version helps as I already cleared hollow area on that version, making all transfer points unlocked.

Is there any tips for unlocking all those implements without grinding too much. E.g. I need to wait for CD for certain specific skill and it require hundred times of activation/use.
The stun button, square, the one that you can still use while it's on a cool down but it's less effective, that's the one you want to use since it counts as a sword skill.

I just realized I haven't checked if speed and double attack upgrades make that execute any faster it has a slight delay normally.

anderedna

The stun button, square, the one that you can still use while it's on a cool down but it's less effective, that's the one you want to use since it counts as a sword skill.

I just realized I haven't checked if speed and double attack upgrades make that execute any faster it has a slight delay normally.

Oh you are right, thanks. I didn't think about spamming that skill. Gonna try it later.
Still, trying to do those implements sure will took too much time :(

Hikami

Use these insect eggs in the Alevaste area, good for training various type of implements. Just find a hollow mission in the area, activate it, then find these instead of doing the objective.

These don't move or attack you. So for like say, 100 skill uses, all you have to do is attack them once. Then you can back off and spam the stun skill. Or if you need to chain 2 skills for OSS for example, same thing, you just back away from it and you can still use skills without hitting it.
If you actually need hits though, just try to lower your attack as much as possible so you won't kill it. Picking certain roles in multiplayer that decrease your attack (like Defender) make it easier.

Raxious

Still haven't done anything at the moment, all i've been working on is getting everyone's affection to rank 5 ^^' Takes about an hour from Rank 3 to Rank 5 though :(

Kamina777

Banned
Use these insect eggs in the Alevaste area, good for training various type of implements. Just find a hollow mission in the area, activate it, then find these instead of doing the objective.

These don't move or attack you. So for like say, 100 skill uses, all you have to do is attack them once. Then you can back off and spam the stun skill. Or if you need to chain 2 skills for OSS for example, same thing, you just back away from it and you can still use skills without hitting it.
If you actually need hits though, just try to lower your attack as much as possible so you won't kill it. Picking certain roles in multiplayer that decrease your attack (like Defender) make it easier.
Oh! I had been using the NM golem that always spawns near an area with a long hollow mission, it hits pretty hard but that's good advice, I saw them but I was afraid they were going to spawn satan.

anderedna

Okay thanks for the tip. Gonna try it out next time I play the game.

Hikami

Is the multiplayer the hollow area story missions? Like can I play through hollow area part in multiplayer?

I don't think so, the missions might be the same as the story ones but they won't actually advance the Hollow Area story. Multiplayer is just a collection of missions, in singeplayer you have to go to certain event spots and unlock barriers and such that aren't present in multi

Gridman

Neo Member
Any suggestions where to find some good armor? I know chests in the Hollow Area have good stuff but I think contents are random?

I did some solo multiplayer last night and just one floor in the Concealed Area got my party level close to mine. Got my one-handed swords maxed out too. I can imagine real multiplayer would be even more fun but I'm afraid to play with randoms. Too many bad experiences in other online games.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Any suggestions where to find some good armor? I know chests in the Hollow Area have good stuff but I think contents are random?

I did some solo multiplayer last night and just one floor in the Concealed Area got my party level close to mine. Got my one-handed swords maxed out too. I can imagine real multiplayer would be even more fun but I'm afraid to play with randoms. Too many bad experiences in other online games.

The content should be the same just randomized stats / similar items. Unless they changed it with the PS4 version.

Though if you do that "endless" dungeon sometimes you can find armor pieces in there if you go deep enough.

Teknoman

Should get some GAF quests going tomorrow?

Gridman

Neo Member
Should get some GAF quests going tomorrow?
I'd be interested, just not sure when I can be on. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Someone died in my game. Don't know who and don't know where or how. It wasn't in any of the floor bosses I've finished so far. Only did 76 and 77 and no one died during the battle. But I checked the Guild screen and someone died. This never happened to me on the Vita version. I'm guessing some sap died off screen while they were on the same field as me. Which is stupid because the enemies on 76 and 77 are super weak so how did they manage to die? I'm tempted to restart because I'm still pretty early on and would like to not have people die.

Parakeetman

I'd be interested, just not sure when I can be on. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Someone died in my game. Don't know who and don't know where or how. It wasn't in any of the floor bosses I've finished so far. Only did 76 and 77 and no one died during the battle. But I checked the Guild screen and someone died. This never happened to me on the Vita version. I'm guessing some sap died off screen while they were on the same field as me. Which is stupid because the enemies on 76 and 77 are super weak so how did they manage to die? I'm tempted to restart because I'm still pretty early on and would like to not have people die.

Deaths in the field should not count, as I had that happen with multiple characters in the hollow area and it did not add to the death count.

Kamina777

Banned
Deaths in the field should not count, as I had that happen with multiple characters in the hollow area and it did not add to the death count.
What I'm afraid of is this only counts in the hollow area, Aincrad may be a different ball game, I think if you fail to get most of the other players to a high enough level they'll be too weak to face certain things in the field.

Parakeetman

What I'm afraid of is this only counts in the hollow area, Aincrad may be a different ball game, I think if you fail to get most of the other players to a high enough level they'll be too weak to face certain things in the field.

The thing is in Aincrad there isnt really anything that should be able to kill the normal NPCs since most stuff is reasonable level and the NPCs dont seem to wander too far into more dangerous sections where like a NM is.

Abylim

Sooooooooooo does Aus get this game this week?

I'm mighty tempted to pick it up. 60fps alone is tempting, but the new translation and the cooldown abilities seem better.
Dont know why they didnt add any of that to the Vita version, minus the frame rate, obviously.

Kamina777

Banned
The thing is in Aincrad there isnt really anything that should be able to kill the normal NPCs since most stuff is reasonable level and the NPCs dont seem to wander too far into more dangerous sections where like a NM is.

There was a huge named spider near this sandy area..i kid you not the trio of players I saw were making a beeline for it, i was busy trying to farm an item , if i hadn't have jumped in i think they would have all bit the big one that thing was way too strong compared to everything else on that floor.

My God. Sinon, what have they done to you?! *sob*

CLfK5M7UAAImTp_.jpg

The $20 price tag on this thing is acting as an awesome shield toward my complaints, though! Really, this is so much game for that price. It feels dirty. Not in the same way that the harem does, of course, but dirty nonetheless. Gameplay is legitimately fun to run around and goof off with and the idea of the stroll up to floor 100 and the "grand quest" tell their own tales with an obvious sense of accomplishment without any story needing to be attached.

dellingr

Weird that it's supposed to release tomorrow in Europe yet there's no sign of it on the store. Would have been nice to be able to preorder it. Either way I'm excited to play something to fill the void that .hack left.

artsi

So how much better is the translation? With the new translation what score would you give the game compared to before?

I haven't seen any questionable lines so far, it's very good compared to the Vita version. They've actually localized stuff now instead of google translations.

Kamina777

Banned
Finally got Kirito's "first"..I kept hearing you have level her to at least 100 before you do the combat part of the quest..but I was too stubborn for that..Protective armor for the victory.

Verily,
All I gotta say is if your online crew isn't rollin with protective armor unlocked for each member, yaw'll ain't Rollin right!

Teknoman

Finally got Kirito's "first"..I kept hearing you have level her to at least 100 before you do the combat part of the quest..but I was too stubborn for that..Protective armor for the victory.

Verily,
All I gotta say is if your online crew isn't rollin with protective armor unlocked for each member, yaw'll ain't Rollin right!

Protective armor?

Kamina777

Banned
Protective armor?
I hope i have the name right but yeah, it givea everyone in your squad hyper armor, all enemy attacks no matter what kind, whiff.

Me and one of my friends usually alternate uses, comes in handy for taking on enemies 50+ levels above us.

Gridman

Neo Member
I hope i have the name right but yeah, it givea everyone in your squad hyper armor, all enemy attacks no matter what kind, whiff.

Me and one of my friends usually alternate uses, comes in handy for taking on enemies 50+ levels above us.
Oh yeah the Hyper Armor. I love that skill. Saved me quite a few times. Couple it with that skill that makes it impossible to miss and you got a winning combination.

I'm leveling with spears now to get the Quick Cast skill. Now that sword skills have cool down I feel this might be important. Certainly have more room for different skills now that I don't need any for SP recovery.

Teknoman

Oh, nah I'm still learning about the game, so wouldn't know if that was the right name. Didn't know that was a skill.

Kamina777

Banned
Oh yeah the Hyper Armor. I love that skill. Saved me quite a few times. Couple it with that skill that makes it impossible to miss and you got a winning combination.

I'm leveling with spears now to get the Quick Cast skill. Now that sword skills have cool down I feel this might be important. Certainly have more room for different skills now that I don't need any for SP recovery.
I'm working to get that spear skill now that you mention it, now that i'm getting my battle skill palette set up precisely , that sounds like a must have, and I can double up with my other quick cast skill!

Theres hyper armor AND protective armor, it's under clubs, if you're playing Solo with no partner it'd like having two pops of hyper armor.

Stalk

Popped up on the UK store like 30 minutes later as well, grabbed it. No sign of the Lost Song pre-order at all.

Hikami

what a poor review tbh, i'd agree if it was the Vita version but a lot of the stuff he's talking about make no sense if it's the ps4 version.

the "dislikes"
x Confusing quests
x Terrible frame rate drops
x Bad level design choices
x Mindless searching for party members

I can agree with the the frame drops but the other 3.. what. Reading through the review it just seems like the person skipped tutorials and expected instant gratification.
The quests are even clearer now than they were in the Vita version, the event list tells you exactly to what area you need to go to.
As for the level design choices, I quote from the review;
Navigating maps through areas is also frustrating when trying to reach a specific area to complete a quest or initiate a key battle.
Seems like he just wanted a huge mark that says "GO HERE" instead of exploring the map for himself.
Party members can be easily found by going to your friend list. It tells you exactly where they are.

Kamina777

Banned
what a poor review tbh, i'd agree if it was the Vita version but a lot of the stuff he's talking about make no sense if it's the ps4 version.

the "dislikes"
x Confusing quests
x Terrible frame rate drops
x Bad level design choices
x Mindless searching for party members

I can agree with the the frame drops but the other 3.. what. Reading through the review it just seems like the person skipped tutorials and expected instant gratification.
The quests are even clearer now than they were in the Vita version, the event list tells you exactly to what area you need to go to.
As for the level design choices, I quote from the review;

Seems like he just wanted a huge mark that says "GO HERE" instead of exploring the map for himself.
Party members can be easily found by going to your friend list. It tells you exactly where they are.
The battle system alone is worth the price of entry not too mention the insane amount of content for single player or multi.. aside from a few hiccups with a non essential dungeon, I can find my way around pretty well and I suck bad at directions in real life. I wouldn't be surprised if this person didn't get very far in the game or relied on the old reviews to make their points. Only place it's ever slowed down for me is in town.

Was it confirmed that EU would be receiving the pre-order promotion? If it's not offered, I have no intention of giving Bandai Namco Europe my money. I'll buy it from the U.S. store.

Top Bottom