• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sycho Sid/Sid Justice/Sid Vicious Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
09auFvb.gif

sid.jpg

tumblr_mwkmrf9Ygs1rhly2xo1_400.gif

OPkPWvv.gif

tumblr_m8z1wwyA8v1ql0k28o1_1280.png

Sid Vicious
Sid Vicious is a professional wrestler that is so extraordinary that almost everyone who knows or has known wrestling has some kind of association with the man. On first glance, Sid appears to the wrestling fan as some sort of demi-god. As far as 'the look' goes, there is no one with it more than this man. A mullet so inspiring that it created Brock Sampson, a huge, mountainous guy who could ride the line between badass and superhero. But Sid is more notable for that. Sid Vicious is awful, to be frank. He is notorious for constantly flubbing his lines, not being a great wrestler in terms of work rate, and never having any amazing feuds or matches.

Despite all this, Sid Vicious is a man who was incredibly popular and beloved by the fans all over for no real notable reason beyond being kind of a good and looking awesome. His popularity seemed completely unintentional. There have been guys in wrestling before who have gotten briefly over as sort of a gag or an inside joke, but it didn't last once the joke got old. Sid was never that guy. He went to WWF and got cheered over Hogan. He came back to WWF and got cheered over Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels even as the so-called third wheel. He went to WCW when it was in the shits and still got a sizeable reaction(At least as sizeable as you could get out of the WCW crowd in the year 2000.) A true testament to how much 'the look' matters in professional wrestling that one man could be so popular without bringing much of anything quality to the table. So please, take this time to post your favorite memories of the Master and Ruler Of The World.

Sid tells Bret Hart like it is
'There's two type of bees in this world, there's a bee that makes honey and THERES LIKE YOURSELF FATSO! THERES A USED TO BE!'
'TWENTY TWO? TWENTY TWO?!!? WHY ME?'
'But you know and I know that you are only half the man that I am! And I have half the brain that you do!' [muffled Scott Hall laughing]
MAX YOU WERE TOUGH BUT YOU'RE DEALING AN UNSTOPPA- STOP OBJECT!

bjork

I was forever jealous of SNES dudes because their Super Wrestlemania had Sid in it.

Meanwhile, Genesis games after that had Luger and from the back, he looked him Sid. I wanted a Sid. He called HBK a stupid little puke and powerbombed him a bunch of times. That was a great episode of Raw.

Ovid

Where are the pictures of Sid in WCW?

Those are all WWF/WWE pics.

Is that first GIF from when he was a referee at Survivor Series? If I remember correctly, Hogan was calling Sid back from locker room to do a pose down.

I have a polaroid of he and I from a local stint at my highschool back in 99. That Sean Michaels fight (with the WAT headstand)... Damn good match.

My memory of him is puking on my friends white living room carpet when he jumped off the turnbuckle.
I'm not sure who was in more pain, him or my friends mother when she saw what I did.

I can't even watch his old matches anymore. I saw him snap his leg in half LIVE and it just bothers the crap out of me still.

He was one of my Dad's favorite wrestlers. My dad took me to some WCW house shows back in the day. Sid would literally....literally clear his nose into the crowd and my Dad laughed his ass off all night about it. He said the Vachon's used to do the same thing and they are the only Wrestlers he remembers from back in the day so he always liked Sid after that.

Couleurs

I loved the hell out of Sid during his brief ECW run. It was like the perfect use of him; no promos for him to mess up and no long matches to suffer through, just Sid choke slamming and powerbombing the hell out of some jobber while everyone chanted his name

v0yce

You've got to be ruler of the world when you blow off the WWE to go play softball.

Speaking of which, is there any footage of him playing softball? He was apparently really good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You've got to be ruler of the world when you blow off the WWE to go play softball.

Speaking of which, is there any footage of him playing softball? He was apparently really good.

Not only did he blow off the WWE, but he blew off being the next Hogan according to Nash. Like Vince straight up told Sid he wanted him to take Hogan's boots and be the face of the company. That was after his first run

Zach

Still the best powerbomb I've seen. For a big man, he was quite agile.

Does anyone know if he tried to get better in the ring? I certainly haven't seen much progress made over his career. I'm just curious to know whether or not he tried and was just insurmountably bad, or if he was just like "nah, my look'll bring in the dough regardless."

Zach

That first link is why that era will always be te best. The commentary, the talent...dear god

He was limited to what he could do due to his size. He kept having people push and push him to try new things and once he does, lo and behold, the guy gets a career ending injury

There's a pretty big difference between learning a little psychology and jumping from the ropes onto one leg, though. >_>

Browny

Banned
The gif of Sid entering Survivor Series is up there with the most over wrestlers at any time in history. He was THE MAN.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"I DON'T KNOW SHIT, CRYBABY"

It doesn't get much better. Sid truly is the ruler of the worldddddddd!

Can this thread be about the real Sid instead of some wack ass wrestling thing?

Dude is complete garbage. Shitty music, shitty person, never lifted a weight in his life, little scrawny fuck. There's more protein in my ejaculate than he has in his body.

galvatron

I was forever jealous of SNES dudes because their Super Wrestlemania had Sid in it.

Meanwhile, Genesis games after that had Luger and from the back, he looked him Sid. I wanted a Sid. He called HBK a stupid little puke and powerbombed him a bunch of times. That was a great episode of Raw.

I think the Sega CD one had to full roster, but who cares?! I just ran Razor Ramon for that killer combo.

Nobody
Messes
With
The Bad Guy

OP hit the nail on the head describing Sid. Dude was Rick Rude level in terms of looking the part...Still think he's a shoe in for the Hall of Fame given runs at the top of WWE and WCW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom