• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Symphonic Fantasies (SE concert in Cologne) will be LIVE STREAMED tomorrow 12.09.2009

ChryZ

etuw77.gif

orioto

Good Art™
That was interesting ! SoM music would have been enough, as we barely never heard any arrangement of it since ... 95 ?

Now i can sse why some people are frustrated. There is two ways od doing that. You can have out of context music in some sophisticated fashion (that's what we had), or music has we could hear in the actual game. I'm still a bit frustrated when the music is arranged in some hidden or tortured way. The SoM piece was particularly sophisticated for example.

Diablos

Ruuppa said:
OWA has been around the block too often.
Indeed it has, but, once again the way it was performed was designed to shatter expectations. It was nothing like any other OWA we've heard. It was pretty clear that the whole idea of the FF arrangement was to take a verrryy untraditional approach to how the whole thing would be executed, because there's been so much orchestrated FF stuff over the past couple decades. They did all kinds of stuff I would have never expected.

McNum

The final boss medley was awesome.

Ansem battle to Secret of Mana battle to Lavos to One Winged... [now extended drum solo] Angel. And I just knew that the two stand out notes in Lavos' theme was supposed to be sung as "LA-VOS!"

And now it's over, at least I've lost sound. Great concert! Where can I buy a copy of the music?

EDIT: Ow... my ears. I probably should have turned tat last part down a bit when listening with headphones. More than a couple of minutes at full volume is a bad idea.

carlos

sigh...I never got it to stream at all; if anyone manages to get a recording or site where it will be available to view later, please point me in the right direction

Magnus

I hadn't heard of Cologne before the games con recently held there and this concert today. :lol :lol

Figures, two gaming-related events put it on the map for me. I love your city, Cologne-GAFfers.

Geneijin

After all this, I'm still hit and miss with Arnie Roth. I guess I was hoping out of all the pieces played today it'd be Liberi Fatali.

That is my first live videogame music concert and it was mind blowing, a big applause to the people that make it happend through internet, thank you very much.

I want something like this but with Capcom music.

Ruuppa

Diablos said:
Indeed it has, but, once again the way it was performed was designed to shatter expectations. It was nothing like any other OWA we've heard. It was pretty clear that the whole idea of the FF arrangement was to take a verrryy untraditional approach to how the whole thing would be executed, because there's been so much orchestrated FF stuff over the past couple decades. They did all kinds of stuff I would have never expected.

I agree wholeheartedly. First the tease to Chocobo and then the solo-percussion? Insane, but in a great way. Although I would have preferred it if they had left OWA to just that tease, and replaced it with something else in the encore(just don't ask me what).

Top Bottom