• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell & PlayStation Team Up For You To Get a Chance to Win a PSVR

I lost a couple pounds doing this last year. I would get at least two boxes a week. On the day I ate the big boxes I would feel so full that I wouldn't each much else that day.

W-00

Initial reaction: Nooo! Don't do this to me again, Taco Bell!

Reaction after thinking about it for a moment: Oh, wait, I don't have a PS4. I can just sit this one out.

Reaction after thinking about it still longer: Then again, it would be really funny to win a PSVR without having a PS4.

Current reaction: Nooo! Don't do this to me again, Taco Bell!

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
Initial reaction: Nooo! Don't do this to me again, Taco Bell!

Reaction after thinking about it for a moment: Oh, wait, I don't have a PS4. I can just sit this one out.

Reaction after thinking about it still longer: Then again, it would be really funny to win a PSVR without having a PS4.

Current reaction: Nooo! Don't do this to me again, Taco Bell!

Just sell it or give it away on GAF.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
According to the official rules, they're only giving out a little over half the prizes that they awarded last year. Tougher competition for sure. $9.97 less ARV per prize package too.
Arrogant Sony is back.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Tried the ps vr at a games store, it was really awesome.

I'm thinking if I can win a VR through this I'd sell it for a PS4 Pro, but as someone who has never used VR and isn't $399-curious to try it, I think I also might be tempted to hang onto it.

big_erk

Well, guess I better stock up on Glade spray.
willie-jones-o_zpsp9dvikie.gif

Ploid 3.0

So not Taco Bell?

Yeah Taco Bell is pretty tame, but for people not used to spicy stuff anything seem to be too spicy for them. I put my own hot sauce on things, and I figure spicy food is the reason some people's stomach gets all messed up. I don't know what else could make Taco Bell different, unless their meat is a blend of bleach processed crap like the Chicken Nugget pink paste. That would make me never want Mexican food from fast food restaurants again.

Where do you think the distinctive Taco Bell flavor comes from?

This is killing me.

Koyuga

Taco bell and VR sounds like the perfect match. Motion sickness to make you vomit and food poisoning to keep you on the toilet and ensure you literally die within days.
This is sarcasm.

My favorite time of year has finally come around again -"Free PlayStation Stuff at Taco Bell through awesome meal deal". It's such a beautiful thing. Pretty to look at, the smells in the air, just good all around. It's here and gone before we know it, just like always..

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
What pisses me off is that the employees steal boxes and either sell them or give them to friends. I caught a group of them trying to hoard them last year.

Good part: I'm literally 4 blocks away from a Taco Bell. Worst part: I never win these :(

Same :(

You can request codes for free without purchasing food.

You can request them but are they actually supposed to give them away like that? If I bought one of their boxes could I also request a code?

31 free codes via postcards and 1 free online code. 32 chances for ~$10 postage.

At the risk of sounding stupid I'm completely oblivious to this. What are you talking about?

I'm waiting for the first clueless winner to take this home and realize they need a console.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised that this doesn't come with a slim or even back stock of their old model.

Just going by the pic featured on the site, the starter pack isn't going to include the new camera that was introduced last week?

edit: Oh wait, it's specifically named the TB launch bundle, maybe it's different than the ones they'll sell in stores.

The pics of the bundle (that I've seen) at any site show the old camera. Could be clearing out old stock with the bundles? Is there any difference in the new camera's capabilities?

Vandole

A friend of mine who barely even games won a gold PS4 for last year's Uncharted Taco Bell promo. That frustrates me so much because it fills me with hope but I know is complete crap but I cannot talk myself out of it with any logic or common sense. "She won, so now I have to win." God I'm stupid. And now I'm going to be stupid and fat.

pastrami

At the risk of sounding stupid I'm completely oblivious to this. What are you talking about?

Because of gambling laws (spend money for a chance to win something) giveaways like this always offer free ways to get codes, without having to purchase anything. In this case, you can get 1 free code online, and up to 31 codes if you mail them physical postcards.

So what is the best strategy with this?

I think people had best luck during the late night X early morning so from 3-7 am due to west coast being 9 pm when it's 12 am est

I'll actually try it this time, I've got no extra cash for PS VR and was going to wait until RE7 so this would be perfect , let's do this 😎

Top Bottom