• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tak Fujii has cancer. :(

Best wishes for him, he really does seem like a stand-up guy.

(Hope someone can tweet this GAF thread to him so he knows that we're rooting for him!)

Sprsk tweeted it to him.

Said it on Twitter, but go kick cancer's ugly ass, Tak. You can do it.

smr00

Banned
Any idea what form of cancer? I hope it's something that has an extremely high success rate because fuck cancer.

Cancer is a dick.

dc89

Awh man. Tak can get better, I know it.
He's always so nice on twitter, I've had a load of replies from him. Most have his trademark extreeeeme in them.

kiri

All the best to him, I really hope he pulls through.
It's good that he has his sense of humour though, that can only help him.

I recall him cutting off his trademark locks..sad to see this being a developement, I pray he experiences a quick and complete remission.

Hearing someone has cancer is depressing. My brother in law just died from lung cancer and a family friend is getting treatment for breast cancer, so hoping that Tak makes it through.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Guys I have an idea! Lets all get in touch with Konami and see if we all can send get well cards to Tak! Who is with me!?

I love that he even made a "one million troops" joke about this in announcing it. What a guy. Thoughts are with him, and crossing everything for successful treatment.

Sakujou

Banned
i hope the shitty medical care in japan gets their shit together to save this man.

hands down to him for having one of the best konami press conferences ever.

that year was indeed one mirrion times more legendary than anything else.

"Rehabilitation days get started. Bought trecking pole instead of pimp cane so people would be kind to me"

WHAT THE FUCK!?

2553349-takfujii.png

Our favorite Extreme Konami employee has announced on twitter that he now has cancer. We don't know what type of cancer he has but it's clear that he has some form of it. Let's give Tak our best wishes and help support him during this difficult time.

215566-header.jpg

Ugh, depressing new for a depressing day.

:(

Hope for the best. for him

TreIII

Very sad to hear.

Hope you get better soon, Tak Fuji! I'd still like to see your "Extreeeeeeme" idea for Goemon, one day!

killatopak

Gold Member
I hope he gets past that FUCKING CANCER.

Then he can produce a game about destroying cancer a la Osmosis Jones.

so many people with cancer now, whats going on?
Same as it ever was. If you live long enough, cancer will find you. 100% of men who live to be 95 get cancer in one form or another. Not sure about the stats for women.

At any rate. So sorry to hear this. I lost both parents to cancer. But I hope Tak is able to beat this. He seems like a real cool guy.

Neiteio

Same as it ever was. If you live long enough, cancer will find you. 100% of men who live to be 95 get cancer in one form or another. Not sure about the stats for women.

At any rate. So sorry to hear this. I lost both parents to cancer. But I hope Tak is able to beat this. He seems like a real cool guy.
100 percent of men who live to be 95 get cancer? That's not even remotely true because there have been men who lived to 95 without getting cancer.

It's a combination of factors, including genetic disposition. We hear about cancer more these days because as a society we are increasingly connected.

Anyways, I hope Tak overcomes this obstacle and comes out strong. They say laughter is the shortest distance between people. Tak has made us all laugh with his antics. It feels like someone we know, as a result.

Top Bottom