• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria launches on January 24

Begaria

I think it's the same demo as the Japanese demo, which started sometime further in the game that has both a Scenario mode for more story, and a gameplay mode for more gameplay. That demo did not have transfers of the save file to the final game.

Durante

I think it's the same demo as the Japanese demo, which started sometime further in the game that has both a Scenario mode for more story, and a gameplay mode for more gameplay.
Ah I see, then I'll just have a quick look for the tech, I don't really want to play an RPG in the middle.

Koeta

some info on the PC release was posted today on steam

http://steamcommunity.com/games/429660/announcements/detail/690573973593834276

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz or AMD Phenom II X2 550, 3.1GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 9800 GTX or AMD Radeon HD 4850
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 11 compatible

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.66GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.2GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 560 or Radeon HD 7870
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 11 compatible

And yes, the game will run at 60fps by default, with the option to lower it to 30 fps for smaller configuration.

There is also a burning question asked by our fans that we want to answer. Will Tales of Berseria have Denuvo on STEAM? The answer is yes.

Parsnip

Supported resolutions includes 4K, 1080p and even 800x600 in various ratios. However, please note that the 4K resolution is upscaled.

woL37gt.gif

Massicot

Apologies if this is a really green question (still learning) but if you used something like DSR to achieve 4k, would it still be up scaled? What does this mean if playing on a 1080 monitor, would you get any downsampling benefit at all?

aravuus

Does the game run in 60fps on PS4? Cause if yes, I'll just go with it. With the denuvo bullshit and not being able to play in native 1440p (I assume they mean anything over 1080p is upscaled), I really don't feel like paying for this port.

Battlechili

Banned
I have my issues with Denuvo and the censorship, and due to the censorship alone I'm not buying this game (at least not unless Bamco releases a possible patch or a modder changes it back or something), but in recent news I'm a little confused regardless.

I noticed that Bamco said that the 4k is just upscaled. Why? Shouldn't any and all games be able to play at any and all resolutions? I seem to recall a certain repairer of PC games mention that games should query for resolution. What's up with this? Like, the port clearly from the settings shows that they put a lot of effort into it, so why couldn't they get resolution right?

Copper

No native 4k? Guess we will have to get Kaldaien to make us another patch. Shame that modders/ fans can do what developers won't.

thematic

I just hope they being cautious and the upscaled part is the anime :(

and about Denuvo, hopefully they remove it sometimes in the future.

BigEmil

Denuvo and doesn't support higher than 1080p native? Is it even possible to use DSR with that?
With Denuvo people can't mod away that censored part many people wanted can they now

Also Denuvo is pointless even for launch those few would be pirates wouldn't have buy your game anyway so you still wouldn't get a sale out of them

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just watched the "censored" scene and
I legitimately found it way cooler than the original, even if the tone was changed. Those yellow energy spikes and levitation. Still gets stabbed too, this time twice even.

The game is out in two weeks!! I can't wait.

Top Bottom