• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales Of Zestiria is coming to PS3/PS4 October 16th and PC October 20th

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Why did they wait until after the Tales festival to announce this?
Yeah, they definitely should've had this big announcement of a western-focused port to platforms nobody owns of a game everyone there has already played. Huge missed opportunity.

Jigorath

Banned
October is becoming a nice month for Japanese games with Disgaea 5, Tales of Zestiria, and Dragon Quest Heroes. It might take me a little while to decide which one I want to buy at launch.

That's surprising. I'd imagine once the western versions are done it'd be trivial to release it in Japanese. It's not like there's extra content.

I think it's probably because there's no extra content that they're not releasing it in Japan.

Prior Tales re-releases always had extra content.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Will probably get the PC version day 1 if reviews aren't too bad.

Peff

That's surprising. I'd imagine once the western versions are done it'd be trivial to release it in Japanese. It's not like there's extra content.

There is very little to gain from the PS4 install base in Japan and much more to lose what with the original game being a bit poisonous to the waifu demographic.

Finally an official announcement. I wonder how it will fare on PC. Valkyria Chronicles pulled some good numbers, but that was more tactical game which resonates greater with PC crowd.

fertygo

I hope everyone set their expectation the "port" will be very barebone, personally I don't mind as long its not straight up unplayable.

Peff

PS4 collectors for me. God, that track on the trailer is so good. I wish Go Shiina would do all the Tales music.

The Go Shiina tracks are SO GOOD. But the best part is that Sakuraba is generally up to par too. Easily one of the best soundtracks in the series.

Valnen

I hope everyone set their expectation the "port" will be very barebone, personally I don't mind as long its not straight up unplayable.

I think "barebones" ports deserve criticism, regardless of expectations. A developer should you know, use the capabilities of the platforms.

Lucreto

PS4 it is. It was going to be my last PS3 game but not anymore.

Glad the series is expanding onto PC. Any additional revenue can only make future games more amazing.

PS4 it is. It was going to be my last PS3 game but not anymore.

Glad the series is expanding onto PC. Any additional revenue can only make future games more amazing.

You still have to buy Yakuza 5, and Trails of Cold Steel (I'm not giving you a choice)

Shahed

Nice to finally have confirmation. I have no idea why there was such a silly song and dance about it. They should have just announced the PS4 and PC versions ages ago

Yeah, it's nuts we even doubt they can reach 60 fps in PC/PS4. Speaks volumes of the technical prowess of Tales studio...

No, I am not saying that. I am just saying that games like Tales or like Naruto or anything that seems to have an artstyle like that ends up being 30 FPS. Naruto games have an engine that's locked at 30 FPS and people can't really unlock it on PC without breaking it.

Reason I said don't get your hopes up.

The Go Shiina tracks are SO GOOD. But the best part is that Sakuraba is generally up to par too. Easily one of the best soundtracks in the series.

Nothing against Sakuraba, but a lot of tracks sound too similar from one game to another. At the very least, throwing Shiina on a few games mixes things up a lot.

duckroll

I wonder who's developing the PS4 and PC versions. If Tales Studio is doing it, I don't see why there wouldn't be a Japanese release. The fact that they've been so quiet about it, and the announcement trailer only showing PS3 footage... is a bit odd.

Top Bottom