• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales Of Zestiria is coming to PS3/PS4 October 16th and PC October 20th

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I wonder who's developing the PS4 and PC versions. If Tales Studio is doing it, I don't see why there wouldn't be a Japanese release. The fact that they've been so quiet about it, and the announcement trailer only showing PS3 footage... is a bit odd.

Probably outsourced, if I had to make a guess. And them not showing footage is definitely a concern. After Tales of Symphonia HD I'm not sure what to expect...

And there we have it. 1080p 60fps (hopefully) isn't exactly a fix for the many problems of the game, but it's one heck of a mitigating factor.

Probably outsourced, if I had to make a guess. And them not showing footage is definitely a concern. After Tales of Symphonia HD I'm not sure what to expect...

Now that you mention this, I have to wonder, how many of the previous "hype" trailers for Tales games actually featured gameplay; at least not until right up to release? I seem to remember most of them being reedited versions of the Japanese CMs/Games.

SerTapTap

The most exciting thing is I stop having to see leaks about this. Jesus, people. I'm excited for the series in general moving on but I'm still burnt out from Xillia 1 and impressions don't seem amazing. Hoping Bery Tales is a big improvement.

Ascenion

Can I expect a NA release to mirror these dates? Why October though...why not August like Xilia. Now I can't get it and that makes me sad.

FLAguy954

amcvholkwbcguuxpflo9.gif

Tales of Zestiria in 4K? Bring it the fuck on!

Persona 5
Final Fantasy XV
Trails of Cold Steel I and II
Disgaea 5
Star Ocean 5
Tales of Zesteria

Who knows what else is coming...

Seriously.....What a time to be alive ^_^

Pretty cool. I was going to skip Zestria, but if the port's any decent, I could throw a few bucks their way to commend them for venturing in the world of Steam. The more Japanese publishers think of it as a viable platform, the better.

anderedna

Isn't that Alisha in the trailer, or did I messed up the characters.

Anyway time to place a preorder for PS4. Hope they could bring dual audio here.

Fisico

For once I found that the trailer was rather good, I hope that the "Bonus content" will not be on the box though.

Also more interested on the specs of the PC and PS4 version and who's porting the game, but it seems like the kind of case where we won't hear anything until release and that is... worrying to say the least.

Not like I personnaly care though, already finished the game on PS3 months ago

Although I have both a PS3 and PS4, I'm really happy to see this coming to PC.

Hopefully this opens the door for other Tales series PC ports. Maybe at some point we'll get a PC Vesperia port.

khaaan

Will probably get PS4 version. I have a capable enough PC but for whatever reason I never seem to want to play Japanese games on it. Probably the decade(s) of associating them with console gaming.

PS4 it is. It was going to be my last PS3 game but not anymore.

Glad the series is expanding onto PC. Any additional revenue can only make future games more amazing.

If the past has been any indication, nope ;_;

Mendrox

About time that they announced it. Will buy for PC

I hope that they will fix the stupid camera, but it seems that Namco outsourced the port and that it will be horrible.

No.

Leave it alone.

Not to derail, and I am probably woefully ignorant about this, but is there a specific reason why?

I know there was a PS3 version of Vesperia in Japan, so I assume it's not something that is tied to Microsoft forever in any real way.

Soooo glad PS4 version is finally confirmed.

Can't wait to play this co-op with my other half. We've just finished up with Xillia 2's bonus dungeon, so this can't get here soon enough!

Pejo

Gold Member
Will buy on PC day 1 at full price to just send a message that I want Tales games on PC. (Also because I want to play the game).

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Tales is the perfect PC series. I hope whoever is doing the port doesn't fuck it up badly.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm expecting both ports to be pretty awful, but I won't be playing it on my Dualshock 3 so it'll be better no matter what.

Top Bottom